Terrbear

Will I have to wait for pregnancy to end

20 posts in this topic

Just now, Jorgedig said:

You got lucky!  Pregnancy is not usually accepted as a reason to expedite.

It was expedited on Medical reasons in my pregnancy. But What I was trying to get as is that they didn't mention I couldn't have an interview or had to wait till the baby was born lol. They just sped the process up. So if it was true we had to wait surly I would have been told and the expedite would have just been denied. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Like others said, you don't have to wait to immigrate until after the pregnancy. however... I HIGHLY recommend researching how much it would cost to have the baby in the US vs. Canada unless money is no object for you and your spouse. I'm of course assuming healthcare costs are more favorable in Canada than US (because most places are 🙄). Will you have insurance coverage in the US? or cash pay? You may want to have your spouse start calling some OB doctors and hospitals to get an idea of costs if you would be cash pay. TBH it feels like having insurance in the US actually ends up costing you more though since they can bill your insurance at insane rates. 

Speaking from experience... it's insanely expensive to have a baby here in the US. I'm currently pregnant and have already shelled out around $4k (with insurance) and I'm not even in my third trimester. I have a $10,000 max out of pocket with my insurance plan and at this rate I will definitely get to the $10K max. I just got a bill in the mail yesterday where the office billed my insurance SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS for an ultrasound... just to put it in perspective. So if you're near the end of your pregnancy anyway and money is at all a concern then you may want to consider waiting if it's significantly cheaper in Canada. Either way, all the best on the pregnancy and immigration journey! :) 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Terrbear said:

I sought advice from a group on Facebook and many have told me that in my interview they will tell me I can not move until after the baby is born.

Everyone gave you good accurate advice already....I just gotta ask this out of sheer curiosity....

What were the reasons given to you as to why you cannot move until after the birth?  I need a good laugh today.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

20 hours ago, Terrbear said:

We began filing our CR1 13 months ago and are at the stage where NVC is (re)checking our documents. A few days ago, I found out I (the Canadian) am pregnant. I sought advice from a group on Facebook and many have told me that in my interview they will tell me I can not move until after the baby is born. Just curious if anyone has experienced this. Obviously, I would like to be living with my husband by then but if it can’t be then it can’t be. 

that is not true, as soon as you have your visa you can move. unless any medical advice and you can decide to wait

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Think you missed my point.  What I meant was that being pregnant will neither *help* nor *hurt* an immigration case.

I didnt miss your point at all - LOL  

My comment was to the OP

5 hours ago, PandO said:

BTW, DCF of the CRBA docs, considering all the qualifications are met seemed to happen quickly in comparison to the K-3/CR-1 visa. It took about a month from filing the document, to receiving citizenship documents and passport on hand.

No choice but to file in person is my recollection.  We all had to go in.

Luckily it’s a citizen services appt, quick and efficient.  Whole different group staffing that counter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.