Kiwiwi24

EAD Processing Time

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
22 hours ago, Biffa said:

Hi fellow kiwi! 

In exact same situation as you. Pretty similar timeline too. 

I think hopefully things will speed up as the time goes on. I’ve noticed people getting their GC quite fast too. 

Try hang in there. 

Thank you! Hoping for a better timeline! Best wishes to you! 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Sorry to hear.  The process truly sucks.  Is there any chance he could get a job offer in writing, and you could apply for an expedited combo card?  Seems that has been a successful tactic around here lately.

I didn't realize he could start looking for work before his EAD. He works in the same industry (construction management) as my brother, so my brother would easily be able to help him find a job. Maybe I will look into this option more! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 6/30/2019 at 5:08 PM, Kiwiwi24 said:

Hi all,

My husband (NZ citizen) and I got married on May 23rd in Wisconsin and quickly filed our AOS/EAD/AP shortly after.  Our NOA was June 19, 2019 and he is scheduled for his biometrics appointment in Milwaukee on July 10. I received an email saying he will likely receive his EAD on January 21, 2020. 7 months!! Is this really the reality now? We are concerned and may just end up giving up on the process and going back to NZ. My job is able to support us, but barely. Our expectation was that he would receive his EAD around November/early December. 

Any info would be much appreciated. This email has caused me a lot of anxiety!

Sarah

We filed in December 2018 and haven’t heard anything back so it has been 221 days since we filed to be exact. I don’t know what’s going on and it’s very frustrating. I guess we will just play the waiting game😩😫😖😣

On 6/30/2019 at 9:15 PM, Cheschirecat said:

We are on our 97th day....nothing yet... 

117 days...nada...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 6/30/2019 at 5:08 PM, Kiwiwi24 said:

Hi all,

My husband (NZ citizen) and I got married on May 23rd in Wisconsin and quickly filed our AOS/EAD/AP shortly after.  Our NOA was June 19, 2019 and he is scheduled for his biometrics appointment in Milwaukee on July 10. I received an email saying he will likely receive his EAD on January 21, 2020. 7 months!! Is this really the reality now? We are concerned and may just end up giving up on the process and going back to NZ. My job is able to support us, but barely. Our expectation was that he would receive his EAD around November/early December. 

Any info would be much appreciated. This email has caused me a lot of anxiety!

Sarah

We're at 237 days since filing in November. We also expected this to take 3, max 4 months until my husband could work. We've tried to expedite and never received a response. I've also thought about giving up and moving to Belgium. Processing times are ridiculous. If you're lucky, you'll get your green card interview before 7-8 months and won't need the combo card. I sympathize with you, truly. It's a horrible situation to be put through. I hope you and your husband have better luck though, I've certainly been watching couples who filed months after we did getting approved for their combo cards so it's not impossible. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/1/2019 at 5:03 PM, Kiwiwi24 said:

Thank you! Hoping for a better timeline! Best wishes to you! 

Did you make a decision? 

It's only been a little over a month since we filed and its feeling like a lifetime. Seeing the wait times just get longer is seriously disheartening. No chance of me moving back home (this has been an expensive process). Did you try to expedite?

Timeline
On 7/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, kanderson101 said:

We're at 237 days since filing in November. We also expected this to take 3, max 4 months until my husband could work. We've tried to expedite and never received a response. I've also thought about giving up and moving to Belgium. Processing times are ridiculous. If you're lucky, you'll get your green card interview before 7-8 months and won't need the combo card. I sympathize with you, truly. It's a horrible situation to be put through. I hope you and your husband have better luck though, I've certainly been watching couples who filed months after we did getting approved for their combo cards so it's not impossible. 

Thank you! Best wishes to you - 237 days is a REALLY long time. I hope it comes through soon! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.