Skye1202

Bringing a toddler to an interview

26 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your mother in law will be allowed to accompany you and your child. I was allowed to be with my then boyfriend (now husband) and our 3 kids during their embassy interview. Our kids were aged 4, 5 and 6 then. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, apple21 said:

Your mother in law will be allowed to accompany you and your child. I was allowed to be with my then boyfriend (now husband) and our 3 kids during their embassy interview. Our kids were aged 4, 5 and 6 then. 

... you are the mother, different story.    Even if you weren't completing an interview .. being their mother you had sole custody of your children, you actually HAD to be there.

Applicants under the age of 20 must attend their visa interview with at least one parent. "   

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

... you are the mother, different story.    Even if you weren't completing an interview .. being their mother you had sole custody of your children, you actually HAD to be there.

Applicants under the age of 20 must attend their visa interview with at least one parent. "   

My boyfriend IS the father, to answer your quote. My presence was not required. There is no instruction on the interview letter that I had to be there. It was our decision for me to come and it was not an issue. It was a consideration by the embassy employees seeing that there are young children that will be interviewed. OP's story is not new. She will be allowed to bring a companion that can help her with her child. 

Timeline

Those "stressed" mothers probably didn't know that they can bring a companion hence went alone with their kid/s. 

OP, best of luck on your interview. Please give us a feedback if your mom in law was allowed entry or not. 😊

Hi all,

to update you, my mother in law was allowed entry to the premises of USEM. She was able to accompany us inside and during our interview. 

Also, to add to this, if you have a toddler or kids (im not sure up to what age), they give you an 'EX' stamp, which means expedite. They'll allow you to skip the lines on the chairs and go straight to the next available window for each step. 

And thank heavens my mom in law was allowed in, because my son kept pulling me to the play area and kept distracting me from the officers during the entire process.  But everything went by smoothly, and we got approved. :)

Thanks everyone, hopefully this will be helpful to those who will have their interview with their little ones in tow. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, apple21 said:

My boyfriend IS the father, to answer your quote. My presence was not required. There is no instruction on the interview letter that I had to be there. It was our decision for me to come and it was not an issue. It was a consideration by the embassy employees seeing that there are young children that will be interviewed. OP's story is not new. She will be allowed to bring a companion that can help her with her child. 

That is not what I was saying.   You know what Philippine law states regarding children born out of wedlock ..  he may be the biological father, but the mother has sole custody, that is the law

1 hour ago, Skye1202 said:

Hi all,

to update you, my mother in law was allowed entry to the premises of USEM. She was able to accompany us inside and during our interview. 

Also, to add to this, if you have a toddler or kids (im not sure up to what age), they give you an 'EX' stamp, which means expedite. They'll allow you to skip the lines on the chairs and go straight to the next available window for each step. 

And thank heavens my mom in law was allowed in, because my son kept pulling me to the play area and kept distracting me from the officers during the entire process.  But everything went by smoothly, and we got approved. :)

Thanks everyone, hopefully this will be helpful to those who will have their interview with their little ones in tow. 

Excellent news!!   Glad all went well.  :thumbs:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Skye1202 said:

Hi all,

USEM seems to have stuff figured out on getting young kids in and out quickly,  smart move on their part.  I do remember seeing the play area for the children inside the USEM.  

Congrats on the approval

ChickBoy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, Skye1202 said:

Hi all,

Not everyone who had small kids were sent to the expedite counter. There were those who got interviewed at the "regular" counters (not sure how to call them)

But yeah, nannies/companions were allowed for the small kids & the elderly

Timeline
8 hours ago, GF. said:

Not everyone who had small kids were sent to the expedite counter. There were those who got interviewed at the "regular" counters (not sure how to call them)

But yeah, nannies/companions were allowed for the small kids & the elderly

Yes, now that's confirmed. Some posters here react so quickly even if they have no first hand experience on something, feeling nila sila lang may alam ng lahat, LOL. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by apple21
Edit

Timeline
On 6/27/2019 at 2:54 AM, Skye1202 said:

Hi all,

Congrats dear! Glad you still brought MIL along. Now they now what to advice the mother's next time somebody asks the same question. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.