MongolianPanda

Curious about EAD & AP Processing Times

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Hello all.. just a curious question.. We filed AOS from K1 visa back in Feburary.. NOA1 date of 3/5/19 and Biometrics date of 3/29/19. Looking through the timelines of other AOS from K1 cases with similar NOA1 dates, I saw a few of them were already approved. Does the processing time matter based on where you filed?

When you get an interview is based on what local field office your interview will take place at.

You can determine your local field office by inputting your ZIP code here in the top box:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

And then you can check the estimated processing times of the I-485 at that local field office by inputting that info here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

You'll scroll to the bottom and look at the estimated processing times for your LFO for family-based adjustment applications at the bottom. 

Estimated months of processing will be on the left.

Current cut off date for making a service enquiry will be on the right.

8 minutes ago, MongolianPanda said:

Hello all.. just a curious question.. We filed AOS from K1 visa back in Feburary.. NOA1 date of 3/5/19 and Biometrics date of 3/29/19. Looking through the timelines of other AOS from K1 cases with similar NOA1 dates, I saw a few of them were already approved. Does the processing time matter based on where you filed?

Have you had your interview?  That is the primary key in processing timing for AOS.  Local Field Offices have varying backlogs of work, so the biggest difference in waiting is for an interview date.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Scandi said:

No, EAD and AP has nothing to do with where you live. It's the same for everyone, all EAD/AP are processed at NBC.

right.. that's what I thought too.. but I've seen other timelines where they had a later date of NOA1 and biometrics date but had their EADs approved already.. so I was curious if EAD/AP gets processed depending on where you file. 

4 minutes ago, MongolianPanda said:

right.. that's what I thought too.. but I've seen other timelines where they had a later date of NOA1 and biometrics date but had their EADs approved already.. so I was curious if EAD/AP gets processed depending on where you file. 

No EADs/APs are processed at the NBC in Missouri for K1 AOSers.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, MongolianPanda said:

No, they're all processed at NBC. You'll see several cases faster than yours, and several slower than yours. Despite that you filed the same day.

Someone explained it very well in another thread - it's like going to the grocery store and you end up in different check-out lanes. Even if you get there at the same time, your lane might move faster or slower than someone else's.

It's how it is with USCIS, you can't compare with other cases as your case might end up on a desk of someone who works super fast, or on another desk where someone only works part-time, got sick or whatever that slows the process down.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Scandi said:

No, they're all processed at NBC. You'll see several cases faster than yours, and several slower than yours. Despite that you filed the same day.

Someone explained it very well in another thread - it's like going to the grocery store and you end up in different check-out lanes. Even if you get there at the same time, your lane might move faster or slower than someone else's.

It's how it is with USCIS, you can't compare with other cases as your case might end up on a desk of someone who works super fast, or on another desk where someone only works part-time, got sick or whatever that slows the process down.

that makes a lot of sense.. thanks for the clarification!

Oof, I just looked up the NBC wait times on the USCIS website, and they are all much longer than the other locations. 6 to 8 months at NBC vs 3 to 5 months at others. Does that mean that all K1 applications have much longer AP and EAD timelines than other AOS filers?

Thanks for any insight! We are hoping it won't be 8 months!

1 hour ago, optimisticapplic said:

Oof, I just looked up the NBC wait times on the USCIS website, and they are all much longer than the other locations. 6 to 8 months at NBC vs 3 to 5 months at others. Does that mean that all K1 applications have much longer AP and EAD timelines than other AOS filers?

Thanks for any insight! We are hoping it won't be 8 months!

I've never seen a single other AOS dependant EAD(/AP) application go anywhere else but the NBC so I'm not sure what family based C9 EADs would be considered to be sent elsewhere.

All the B2 C9 EADs go there as well as far as I have seen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.