EmilyTim

Scheduling medical without case num proof (merged)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We received our case number from the NVC yesterday after calling up. It had been assigned the previous day (11/06). We're eager to book the medical exam, but not sure if it's wise to do so without an email/letter with our case number on. I don't recall myself or my fiancé receiving any correspondence via email during the whole process. 

I'm afraid of booking the medical, and having to reschedule (and pay another fee) if we still haven't received an email/letter by then. 

Any advice is hugely appreciated. 

You can book it, you will need to take confirmation of interview with you in writing to the medical. 

Tbh I’d hold your horses right now until your case is out of NVC

‘’If the k1 is like the cr1 the medical has a time limit you must enter the us by. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 6/13/2019 at 5:18 AM, thatguyuknow said:

You can book it, you will need to take confirmation of interview with you in writing to the medical. 

Tbh I’d hold your horses right now until your case is out of NVC

‘’If the k1 is like the cr1 the medical has a time limit you must enter the us by. 

It's not just entering the US before your medical expires. The issue some of our group of filers had (we got lucky and they never flagged us) was when we had to do AOS on this side and by the time they picked up our files, our medicals had expired too.  Some of us weren't asked for a new medical, but many others on the same timeline were and they had to find a US Civil Surgeon and pay again to get the medical redone. 

Things have probably changed since we went through this stage of the process so I don't wan to give incorrect information. I did book my medical with my case number which I called NVC to get and did so before we received our letter. Having said that, we knew that I was going to fly out within a couple of days of getting my passport back from the embassy and YMMV, but keeping the above in mind will help you make an informed decision. Best of luck with the last phase of the UK side of the process! Totally worth it once you get to be with your loved one. Once you're together, waiting on the future parts of the follow-on USCIS stuff is way less stressful because .... you're together :)

Edited by wbeem
Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello!

I have booked my medical exam in London for Friday 5th July. I have everything ready for this, including an email from the NVC. Today, the status on the CEAC case tracker changed from 'In Transit' to 'Ready'. I believe this means I can schedule the interview for (hopefully) around 2 weeks after the medical exam date - to make sure the medical results have time to get to the embassy. 

I have a few questions though. I (the beneficiary) have not received any post from any of the agencies, ever. Is it necessary to take anything received in the post to the interview? Or am I fine to just take a print-out of the email from the NVC

A final question - is there anything I need to send anywhere? I believe that I just take the required documents with me and don't have to mail anything off? 

If you're 100% certain of the answer, I'd be very grateful for your help. 

Best is to check the UK subforum here on VJ for this question since every embassy works different and there will be a lot of people who already went through London embassy. 

• Ontarkie changed the title to Scheduling medical without case num proof (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related question merged.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
47 minutes ago, EmilyTim said:

Is it necessary to take anything received in the post to the interview? Or am I fine to just take a print-out of the email from the NVC

No. Yes, NVC print.

Haven't we said this before to you?

48 minutes ago, EmilyTim said:

A final question - is there anything I need to send anywhere? I believe that I just take the required documents with me and don't have to mail anything off? 

No mail. In hand to interview.

1000% sure.

i suggest you review the instructions provided by your embassy https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

You are required to bring all of the documents applicable to you to the Embassy on the day of the interview. You must click each section for detailed information regarding documents required.  The failure to bring the correct documents to your interview may result in your application being denied.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.