11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone, just wanted to share that my wife and step-son got approved during their green card interview yesterday!  We couldn't be more than happy that we finally reach this milestone.  We were approved with the expedite request, and if anyone is looking for a expedite request letter template, please let me know, I will be more than happy to share!  

One question I had was:  Now that both their I-485's (AOS) are approved, we are still waiting for both their I-765's (EAD) and their I-131's (AP) to get approved.  We filed all applications together,  will their be a problem since we got the I-485 approved first?  Or will USCIS possibly approved the EAD and AP faster since the AOS was approved sooner?  Hope my question makes sense....

2 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to share that my wife and step-son got approved during their green card interview yesterday!  We couldn't be more than happy that we finally reach this milestone.  We were approved with the expedite request, and if anyone is looking for a expedite request letter template, please let me know, I will be more than happy to share!  

One question I had was:  Now that both their I-485's (AOS) are approved, we are still waiting for both their I-765's (EAD) and their I-131's (AP) to get approved.  We filed all applications together,  will their be a problem since we got the I-485 approved first?  Or will USCIS possibly approved the EAD and AP faster since the AOS was approved sooner?  Hope my question makes sense....

If the I-485 is approved, they will receive the GC. The EAD and AP application will most likely be cancelled. Even if they're not cancelled, they will be invalid when you have the green card in hand. Green card is all you need to be able to work and travel. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

If the I-485 is approved, they will receive the GC. The EAD and AP application will most likely be cancelled. Even if they're not cancelled, they will be invalid when you have the green card in hand. Green card is all you need to be able to work and travel. 

Thank you for clarifying @USS_Voyager !  Aprreciate the feedback! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

:dancing:  CONGRATULATIONS !!!  :dancing:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/12/2019 at 8:53 AM, Ed&Midori1031 said:

hey! Congratulations!

I was wondering if you can send me the template for the expedite. I am a December filer and already have the Combo Card. Case is ready for interview since March 20th. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, C💏A said:

hey! Congratulations!

I was wondering if you can send me the template for the expedite. I am a December filer and already have the Combo Card. Case is ready for interview since March 20th. 

sure no problem! Can you send me your email through a message and I can send through there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

congrats! I envy you :)

Btw, can you let me know the expedite process?

i already submitted the request of expedite a month ago, and just got an email from USCIS that they will reschedule my interview date.

Originally, My interview date was scheduled on July 1st, and i just got the email that they will reschedule it based on my expedition request. 

I am confused because if they expedite my schedule, the interview will be this week.

also i am starting to get worried if they postpone my schedule after July 1st.

I don’t get the meaning of reschedule from USCiS email. 

Did you receive a same email from USCIS after getting expedition approval?

I am trying to call them but still waiting for 40 mins on a line...

Congrats!!! My husband had his interview on May 8th, he was approved but sent to Administrative Processing since then. I would like to understand that you requested an expedite for that?? If it so, I would like to have the example too. Many thanks.

Timeline
17 hours ago, gonzalezguti said:

Congrats!!! My husband had his interview on May 8th, he was approved but sent to Administrative Processing since then. I would like to understand that you requested an expedite for that?? If it so, I would like to have the example too. Many thanks.

Yes, the expedite request was simple.  All you need to do is call USCIS and request over the phone.  As long as the expedite falls within the guidelines and griteria, then everything will work out fine.  

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request

Timeline
17 hours ago, Haykim said:

congrats! I envy you :)

Btw, can you let me know the expedite process?

i already submitted the request of expedite a month ago, and just got an email from USCIS that they will reschedule my interview date.

Originally, My interview date was scheduled on July 1st, and i just got the email that they will reschedule it based on my expedition request. 

I am confused because if they expedite my schedule, the interview will be this week.

also i am starting to get worried if they postpone my schedule after July 1st.

I don’t get the meaning of reschedule from USCiS email. 

Did you receive a same email from USCIS after getting expedition approval?

I am trying to call them but still waiting for 40 mins on a line...

Yes, the expedite request was simple.  All you need to do is call USCIS and request over the phone.  As long as the expedite falls within the guidelines and griteria, then everything will work out fine.  

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request

I waited on the phone for almost an hour, it was bad but o well.  Once the expedite was submitted, we did receive an email stating that it was submitted, and from there we mailed the local USCIS office with the supporting documentation in regards to the expedite request.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 11:53 AM, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Please do share the expedite request letter!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.