netz75

Need information about N-600 for minor kids

37 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

need information about N-600 I have 2 kids they are 15 and 13 yrs old, do I really required to file N-600 for both of them that are cost too much than N-400,

or I can apply directly for US passport for them with out filling N-600. need info. before I start process for this case, thanks everyone ahead. 

If they are US citizens, you can apply for a US passport directly. The N-600 is optional.

On what basis did they obtain US citizenship?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

If they are US citizens, you can apply for a US passport directly. The N-600 is optional.

On what basis did they obtain US citizenship?

Thru my  Naturalization that I just got yesterday.

19 minutes ago, netz75 said:

Thru my  Naturalization that I just got yesterday.

Congrats.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

20 minutes ago, netz75 said:

Thank you so much . so I don't need to file N-600 I just get US passport for them?

Correct: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/us-citizenship/Child-Citizenship-2000-Sections-320-322-INA.html

The N-600 is optional: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/n-600-application-certificate-citizenship-frequently-asked-questions "I already have a U.S. passport issued by the Department of State. Am I required to file a Form N-600 for a Certificate of Citizenship?"

6 hours ago, HRQX said:

Correct: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/us-citizenship/Child-Citizenship-2000-Sections-320-322-INA.html

The N-600 is optional: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/n-600-application-certificate-citizenship-frequently-asked-questions "I already have a U.S. passport issued by the Department of State. Am I required to file a Form N-600 for a Certificate of Citizenship?"

Thank you so much

6 hours ago, alun said:

Are your minor children legal permanent residents and in your care at the time of your naturalization ? If yes , you can apply for their passports .

Anyway , follow official guidlines

Yes they are 10yrs green card holder and they both live with me. Thank you, no need to worry about N-600 l just get them US passport.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 hours ago, netz75 said:

Thank you so much

Yes they are 10yrs green card holder and they both live with me. Thank you, no need to worry about N-600 l just get them US passport.

Good. Use your naturalization certificate to apply for a US passport for them. They automatically became a citizen when you naturalized as they've been living with you. The N600 is optional for you. Congrats.

My wife just passed her N-400 interview today; she has two daughters under 18.  The day that she takes her oath, we will apply for U.S Passports for the two daughters.  And, after much serious thought, we have decided to also submit two N-600 applications for Certificate of Citizenship.  (I say serious thought because each N-600 will cost us $1,170.)  

The national news is so terrible with so many administration initiatives to curb immigration - both illegal and legal.  U.S. Citizens are having their U.S. Passports revoked or not renewed!!

I am concerned that decades from now, if our daughters lose their passport, they will have no evidence of U.S. Citizenship through naturalization of their mother.  

Then our daughter would have to assemble a packet of "Secondary Evidence" to prove U.S. Citizenship through Naturalization of a Parent.  They would be required to submit:  

• Your foreign birth certificate listing your parent(s)
  • Your parent(s)’ naturalization certificate
  • Evidence of your permanent residence status. Examples include:
    • Permanent Resident Card/Green Card
    • Foreign passport with the original I-551 visa entry stamp
  • Your parents' marriage certificate (if your parents were married when you legally entered the U.S. and before your 18th birthday) 
  • Documentation of legal custody (if your parents were not married when you legally entered the U.S.)
  • Evidence of your legitimation (if your parents were not married at the time of your birth). Examples include:
    • Your parents' marriage certificate dated after your birth
    • Certified court order of legitimation 

There is no way that our teen daughters will faithfully maintain all of the above ORIGINAL documents for the rest of their lives.  Yes, they can apply for a renewed passport, but what if they run into bureaucratic obstacles?  It's simpler to get them a Certificate of Citizenship now, albeit irrationally expensive!

On 6/8/2019 at 8:37 PM, nastra30 said:

Good. Use your naturalization certificate to apply for a US passport for them. They automatically became a citizen when you naturalized as they've been living with you. The N600 is optional for you. Congrats.

thank you very much

14 hours ago, Y3+E said:

My wife just passed her N-400 interview today; she has two daughters under 18.  The day that she takes her oath, we will apply for U.S Passports for the two daughters.  And, after much serious thought, we have decided to also submit two N-600 applications for Certificate of Citizenship.  (I say serious thought because each N-600 will cost us $1,170.)  

The national news is so terrible with so many administration initiatives to curb immigration - both illegal and legal.  U.S. Citizens are having their U.S. Passports revoked or not renewed!!

I am concerned that decades from now, if our daughters lose their passport, they will have no evidence of U.S. Citizenship through naturalization of their mother.  

Then our daughter would have to assemble a packet of "Secondary Evidence" to prove U.S. Citizenship through Naturalization of a Parent.  They would be required to submit:  

• Your foreign birth certificate listing your parent(s)
  • Your parent(s)’ naturalization certificate
  • Evidence of your permanent residence status. Examples include:
    • Permanent Resident Card/Green Card
    • Foreign passport with the original I-551 visa entry stamp
  • Your parents' marriage certificate (if your parents were married when you legally entered the U.S. and before your 18th birthday) 
  • Documentation of legal custody (if your parents were not married when you legally entered the U.S.)
  • Evidence of your legitimation (if your parents were not married at the time of your birth). Examples include:
    • Your parents' marriage certificate dated after your birth
    • Certified court order of legitimation 

There is no way that our teen daughters will faithfully maintain all of the above ORIGINAL documents for the rest of their lives.  Yes, they can apply for a renewed passport, but what if they run into bureaucratic obstacles?  It's simpler to get them a Certificate of Citizenship now, albeit irrationally expensive!

you have point for that, but I want to escape for paying that $1,170 each lol, I already been paying their CR2 visa and removal of condition, now I realized that the fiancee visa is way cheaper than spouse visa, any way thank you.

5 hours ago, netz75 said:

now I realized that the fiancee visa is way cheaper than spouse visa, any way thank you.

How so...?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.