nharris3428

Fiance had Interview and was given a paper (not DS-5535)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

IMG_3627.thumb.jpg.4ef01e9a2369d6053f3cabb36db3732f.jpgHello,

My fiance had his interview today and they gave him this paper. When they interviewed him, they asked if he needed a translator, (he can speak English but not perfect) and he said this, and the CO said he was speaking English just fine. The CO must of misunderstood my fiance and thinks that we met in January of 2017, but it is actually June of 2017. We have the Facebook chat logs that go back to that first date. They also wanted to see copies of my passport that shows the three times I visited. When we originally sent the paperwork, I had visited twice by then. I can resend all this information, but not sure where to actually send it? This form they gave him says to upload the documents. The link listed in the upper portion takes you to this, https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf,  If you try to follow the instructions, you log into the site, it pops up with this:

You can only click "OK" and then it takes you back to the original screen. I called NVC (actually got someone on the phone) and they tell me it's because the NVC doesn't process K visas, they just assign the case number and forward to the embassy, and we needed to contact them. So, my fiance is still in Casablanca and is going to try and go back to tomorrow to get clarification on what the next step is. I checked the case status and it was changed from "READY" to "Administrative Processing". Does this mean we will now be stuck in this state indefinitely? I will know more later but I am just so discouraged by all of this. We had SO MUCH evidence of relationship that I am beyond sad. 

Edited by nharris3428
case number removal

1 hour ago, nharris3428 said:

Hello,

My fiance had his interview today and they gave him this paper. When they interviewed him, they asked if he needed a translator, (he can speak English but not perfect) and he said this, and the CO said he was speaking English just fine. The CO must of misunderstood my fiance and thinks that we met in January of 2017, but it is actually June of 2017. We have the Facebook chat logs that go back to that first date. They also wanted to see copies of my passport that shows the three times I visited. When we originally sent the paperwork, I had visited twice by then. I can resend all this information, but not sure where to actually send it? This form they gave him says to upload the documents. The link listed in the upper portion takes you to this, https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf,  If you try to follow the instructions, you log into the site, it pops up with this:

You can only click "OK" and then it takes you back to the original screen. I called NVC (actually got someone on the phone) and they tell me it's because the NVC doesn't process K visas, they just assign the case number and forward to the embassy, and we needed to contact them. So, my fiance is still in Casablanca and is going to try and go back to tomorrow to get clarification on what the next step is. I checked the case status and it was changed from "READY" to "Administrative Processing". Does this mean we will now be stuck in this state indefinitely? I will know more later but I am just so discouraged by all of this. We had SO MUCH evidence of relationship that I am beyond sad. 

What he received is commonly referred to as a 221(g), request for more information but from the embassy and not USCIS. Your have two items highlighted that the CO needs in order for them to continue processing your case. Get the documents and return them to the embassy per their instructions. This is a simple matter and can be taken care of quickly.

221(g) - Applications Pending Further Action

Section 221(g) - Hold

Refusal under Section 221(g) means that essential information is missing from an application or that an application has been placed on administrative hold. The consular officer who interviews you will tell you at the end of your interview if action on your case is being suspended under 221(g) pending further information. The officer will either tell you that the case has to undergo administrative processing, or will ask you to submit additional information.

If further information is required, the officer will tell you how to submit that information. As part of this process, the applicant is given a written letter and will have 12 months from the date of application to submit the requested documents without having to pay a new application fee. After one year, an application refused under Section 221(g) is terminated per Section 203(e).

If the Embassy requested additional information, you will submit those documents via the 2go courier service. Please read the 221(g) submission process for more information.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

What he received is commonly referred to as a 221(g), request for more information but from the embassy and not USCIS. Your have two items highlighted that the CO needs in order for them to continue processing your case. Get the documents and return them to the embassy per their instructions. This is a simple matter and can be taken care of quickly.

221(g) - Applications Pending Further Action

Section 221(g) - Hold

Refusal under Section 221(g) means that essential information is missing from an application or that an application has been placed on administrative hold. The consular officer who interviews you will tell you at the end of your interview if action on your case is being suspended under 221(g) pending further information. The officer will either tell you that the case has to undergo administrative processing, or will ask you to submit additional information.

If further information is required, the officer will tell you how to submit that information. As part of this process, the applicant is given a written letter and will have 12 months from the date of application to submit the requested documents without having to pay a new application fee. After one year, an application refused under Section 221(g) is terminated per Section 203(e).

If the Embassy requested additional information, you will submit those documents via the 2go courier service. Please read the 221(g) submission process for more information.

Thank you! Do you think this is the same for Morocco? The links you gave are for the Philippines. I am just worried. Thank you for you the response. 

1 hour ago, nharris3428 said:

Thank you! Do you think this is the same for Morocco? The links you gave are for the Philippines. I am just worried. Thank you for you the response. 

I believe most of the information will be similar. I did find the page fir Morocco here http://ustraveldocs.com/ma/index.html?firstTime=No

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

send the needed documents thru Aramex courier to the embassy

this form would have been used for CR1 but for K1 (and all additional documents Casablanca uses Aramex)

Label the copies with your case #,  both names and both DOB's in the upper right hand corner and keep a copy of them

i am not sure if you get a receipt from Aramex (others will know) but if you do,  keep it

you should get an email from embassy that the items are received

Timeline
10 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

this form would have been used for CR1 but for K1 (and all additional documents Casablanca uses Aramex)

Label the copies with your case #,  both names and both DOB's in the upper right hand corner and keep a copy of them

i am not sure if you get a receipt from Aramex (others will know) but if you do,  keep it

10 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

Thank you for this! You've always been so helpful with your responses! He did take the docs to Aramex. They did not give him a receipt, but the man told him he would text him the information (they were closing) This was today, so I'll make sure he calls them tomorrow and gets the tracking number. I had gotten this message after he already submitted the documents, so not all of them had the case number, and none had the names and DOB's so I hope that's not an issue. I didn't think of the fact that docs could be misplaced. We do have copies though, and I also sent the information to casablanca_files@ustraveldocs.com (I found this email on their website). Not sure if they will do anything with it. I did get a response that "files were received" from this site. Thank you again. I hope this process doesn't take a huge amount of time. I am looking into flights to come back to Morocco (fourth time). It's been six months since my last visit and I miss him so much. 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, butterfly26145 said:

Did you find out where he nneded ro pay and how much?

Hello! He had to pay in cash, at the consulate. The fee for the K-1 is $265.00 or 2,577.87 moroccan dirham.

Timeline

Did he pay by USD or MAD?  Did you find out how to send the documents they need?  I also have another question... Did they ask him if you guys had an engagement party or dinner there? 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, butterfly26145 said:

Did he pay by USD or MAD?  Did you find out how to send the documents they need?  I also have another question... Did they ask him if you guys had an engagement party or dinner there? 

He paid in MAD.  Yes you have to send them via an Aramex location. There is one in Casablanca. When they have the interview and they are asked to supply additional documents, they will give them a small white paper with the phone numbers and addresses. I am attaching a screenshot of the document. They did not ask about an engagement party no. Lots of other questions. How did you meet? How old are her kids? Where does she work? Etc. 

3D84856C-9927-464A-A501-6CE9437396A5.jpeg

Timeline

Thank you for that.  He was worried about the questions about an engagement party.  We had an engagement dinner when I was there in March.  I was thinking of going again for my 3rd time but I figured I would wait.  1st time was almost a month.  2nd time was almost 3 weeks.  Seems to me you guys got approved only have to send those documents.  Just waiting for him to get an email for his intwrview.  I have been emaili g everyday like you.  Our paperwork wad aent to the embassy April 19th.  Good luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 5/28/2019 at 10:12 PM, nharris3428 said:

IMG_3627.thumb.jpg.4ef01e9a2369d6053f3cabb36db3732f.jpgHello,

send them by aramex because K1 does not have invoice id so you can not upload just send via aramex  make sure you write your case number so they know your case, your fiance should have receipt from aramex because when i sent mine they gave me receipt with tracking number and was tracking the package and was received...good luck

Timeline
2 hours ago, abdo1 said:

send them by aramex because K1 does not have invoice id so you can not upload just send via aramex  make sure you write your case number so they know your case, your fiance should have receipt from aramex because when i sent mine they gave me receipt with tracking number and was tracking the package and was received...good luck

Thank you abdo1! He brought the documents to Aramex yesterday. The case number was written on a few of the documents, but not all of them, so I hope that's not an issue. He included his passport as well. He did receive a receipt with the tracking number, and I verified this morning that the documents were delivered to the embassy today, at 3:55pm Moroccan time. I am praying this will not be a major delay! All the prayer help anyone can give would be appreciated! Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.