nharris3428

Fiance had Interview and was given a paper (not DS-5535)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 hours ago, butterfly26145 said:

Thank you for that.  He was worried about the questions about an engagement party.  We had an engagement dinner when I was there in March.  I was thinking of going again for my 3rd time but I figured I would wait.  1st time was almost a month.  2nd time was almost 3 weeks.  Seems to me you guys got approved only have to send those documents.  Just waiting for him to get an email for his intwrview.  I have been emaili g everyday like you.  Our paperwork wad aent to the embassy April 19th.  Good luck 

Make sure when you send the email to the embassy, that you include your case number in the subject line. I am not sure if that actually triggered them to email me back or not, but it can't hurt. I am assuming they receive THOUSANDS of emails per week, so something needs to stand out so they know you are already "in process" and not just asking random questions. I am happy to share any information that I have. I really feel like the process is so broken. So much conflicting information out there, and being that you cannot speak to anyone at the actual embassy, it makes it even more difficult. I am praying everyday that this next step is a speedy one. Good luck to you as well! 

Timeline

I get the same generic email.  Next mo th will be 3 months.  They say it takes 3 to 4 months.  We already have set the wedding date and found a venue.  I just want him here already it has been 2 months since I last saw him.  I was going to go back next month but I'm going to wait.  I found a good deal on tickets.  I'll just wait and keep sending the email everyday.  Hopefully we will get something soon. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, butterfly26145 said:

I get the same generic email.  Next mo th will be 3 months.  They say it takes 3 to 4 months.  We already have set the wedding date and found a venue.  I just want him here already it has been 2 months since I last saw him.  I was going to go back next month but I'm going to wait.  I found a good deal on tickets.  I'll just wait and keep sending the email everyday.  Hopefully we will get something soon. 

When did you set the wedding date? I hope you have a refundable deposit just in case. You never know how long things can take. I hope that is not the case with you. I have not seen my man for 6 months now. We talk every single day, pretty much all day long on messenger and video chat, but it's not the same. I miss him terribly. I connected with another lady that has been waiting since January of this year. They also have heard nothing. Our paperwork was received by the consulate on February 6, 2019. According to the interview letter in the email documents they forwarded to me on May 14, 2019, the actual letter was dated March 14, 2019. So one month after they received the petition, they scheduled the interview, but we never received that email. By the grace of god, we got the forwarded email 14 days before the interview and we were able to get all the items done, including his medical exam. Just so you know, the fee for the doctor is 400 dirham, but there are other costs. 900 dirham for the chest X-ray, 30 dirham for the blood draw. If he never had the required vaccinations to enter the US, he'll need those. There were two of them, and he will need to pay for them at the pharmacy, that was about 1000 dirham. He will be responsible for going to all these places to collect the results as well, and bring all of it back to the doctor. He was able to do all of this in one day, and walked away with the docs in a sealed envelope that they are not to open, all in one day. Your fiance's court record and police reports expire three months after you receive them, so it's tough because you can't have them translated if you don't know when you have your interview because they could expire. 

Where did you look for tickets? I don't know what airport you fly out of, but Norwegian Airlines always has deals to Europe or Spain, then take another small flight from those cities, to Casablanca. I was able to get my last flights, combined total from LAX to Madrid, then Madrid to Casablanca and back home, for $589.00. This was November of last year though so prices are much better. I too am holding off going back because I am confident he will be here by then. :) Pray for us! :)

Timeline

We set the date for Aug 10 of this year.  The deposit was 150.00 and it is non refundable.  I keep my faith in God that he will be here soon.  He would not have us go through all of this to have us be shamed.  I sent you an email with my information.   I am in Florida so we can talk and text.  I know it's a 3 hour difference.  My brother lives in Seattle Washington 

Timeline
On 5/30/2019 at 9:26 AM, abdo1 said:

send them by aramex because K1 does not have invoice id so you can not upload just send via aramex  make sure you write your case number so they know your case, your fiance should have receipt from aramex because when i sent mine they gave me receipt with tracking number and was tracking the package and was received...good luck

Hello again! In looking at that document that my fiance received, (the one I uploaded) it doesn't say 221(g) or DS-5535 anywhere, and neither myself, or my fiance have received an email stating the embassy received the documents, (although I know they did because Aramex showed as delivered on 5/29/19) have you ever seen the document I uploaded? I also sent the documents via email to casablanca_file@state.gov. It said files received, so I am not sure where they actually went. They gave him back his passport when they ask him to send in the documents. We sent his passport back the the documents based on what this letter said. Do you think this is being sent back to USCIS? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, nharris3428 said:

Hello again! In looking at that document that my fiance received, (the one I uploaded) it doesn't say 221(g) or DS-5535 anywhere, and neither myself, or my fiance have received an email stating the embassy received the documents, (although I know they did because Aramex showed as delivered on 5/29/19) have you ever seen the document I uploaded? I also sent the documents via email to casablanca_file@state.gov. It said files received, so I am not sure where they actually went. They gave him back his passport when they ask him to send in the documents. We sent his passport back the the documents based on what this letter said. Do you think this is being sent back to USCIS? 

if they asked for the passport with the new documents,  the case will stay in Casa

Timeline
21 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

if they asked for the passport with the new documents,  the case will stay in Casa

Thank you! From what my fiance said, they didn't TELL him to send the passport back with the documents, but this letter they handed to him stated that the docs and passport should be sent via courier. The issue I am having is the link on this document to upload the information is not valid for K-1 visas in Morocco so why would they give him this form at all? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, nharris3428 said:

Thank you! From what my fiance said, they didn't TELL him to send the passport back with the documents, but this letter they handed to him stated that the docs and passport should be sent via courier. The issue I am having is the link on this document to upload the information is not valid for K-1 visas in Morocco so why would they give him this form at all? 

it doesn't work for K1  need to use Aramex 

and yes, the system is broken

part is changes Trump wants

part is Casa was without a embassy ambassador for over 9 months

part of it is the new ambassador mr Fisher is only appointed in October 2018

and a lot of it is they need to hire additional immigration officers to do all this additional work

the new ds 160 and ds 260 can't be viewed online except to those filling out the form online

so, most we hear is that the ds 5535 is being added to the ds 160 or ds 260 

seems like from what i hear not all the questions from the 3 page form are added to the new AOS 

but i just looked at the 2013 form and it is 74 pages long 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, nharris3428 said:

all you needed was that letter telling him to include the passport with the documents

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.