Hd1170

NOA2/Medical

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline

Hello and thanks in advance for the help!

My boyfriend is from Malawi, Africa and we got our NOA2 on 5/13/19. I am going to visit next month and so we are trying to do all we can in hopes that he might be able to fly home with me the first week in August. We do not have our case number yet from the NVC but am hoping to do the medical/police certificate as soon as we can so that once the case has arrived he can interview shortly after. (from what I can tell it is not hard to get an interview date but the medical office may be a bit backed up) For the medical it says that you must bring an appointment letter, is that something that the embassy gives him? I was hoping that once we get the case number he can schedule but am unsure and it has been difficult getting any straight answer from them.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Hd1170 said:

Hello and thanks in advance for the help!

My boyfriend is from Malawi, Africa and we got our NOA2 on 5/13/19. I am going to visit next month and so we are trying to do all we can in hopes that he might be able to fly home with me the first week in August. We do not have our case number yet from the NVC but am hoping to do the medical/police certificate as soon as we can so that once the case has arrived he can interview shortly after. (from what I can tell it is not hard to get an interview date but the medical office may be a bit backed up) For the medical it says that you must bring an appointment letter, is that something that the embassy gives him? I was hoping that once we get the case number he can schedule but am unsure and it has been difficult getting any straight answer from them.

Thanks!

Have him contact the medical facility and find out exactly what they require 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I know in Belize that the medical office asked for the letter from the embassy with your appointment date or NVC sends an email with the appointment date which they asked me to print off.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Roy Vanessa said:

I know in Belize that the medical office asked for the letter from the embassy with your appointment date or NVC sends an email with the appointment date which they asked me to print off.

With your interview appointment date? How would NVC know this?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, LovelyFit said:

You need your interview letter in order to have your medical exam. NVC works with the embassy on available dates for scheduling. 

NVC is typically not involved with k1 appointments 

YMMV

Timeline

Definitely need to contact them or other members about specifics on Malawi. Each country is a bit different. In Philippines, once you have NVC case number, you're on your own to complete and schedule everything, but the medical still requires a copy of the NVC letter so. Also just remember, don't make any plans a head of time (in sense of travel) until the visa is in hand. Just a friendly reminder. This is just the first stage of the process (USCIS). Still a ways to go.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Definitely need to contact them or other members about specifics on Malawi. Each country is a bit different. In Philippines, once you have NVC case number, you're on your own to complete and schedule everything, but the medical still requires a copy of the NVC letter so. Also just remember, don't make any plans a head of time (in sense of travel) until the visa is in hand. Just a friendly reminder. This is just the first stage of the process (USCIS). Still a ways to go.

Thank you! Yes for sure not making any travel plans yet, just trying to do what I can as early as I can.

Thanks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

@Hd1170 just curious. Your timeline says the consulate is Armenia. Is it a typo?

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

@Hd1170 just curious. Your timeline says the consulate is Armenia. Is it a typo?

Yes it's lilongwe, Malawi. I have tried fixing it however it never works.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should be able to schedule your medical with just the case number from NVC, but that usually doesn't take very long, you should already have the police clearance certificate as those are valid for 1 year from date of issue. I got my fiancee's at the time clearance 6 months before her interview because it took a month to get unless you paid extra for " Premium Processing". So I would get started on that right away.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.