N400NYC

N400s Filed at Manhattan (NYC) Field Office

445 posts in this topic

I am hoping it's okay with the admins but I wanted to start a thread that specifically relates to the Manhattan field office. The situation with this office is different from that in the Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island field offices which are part of the other "New York" thread.

The Manhattan field office services residents of Manhattan, the Bronx, and various counties to the north of the city: Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Sullivan, Orange, Ulster. 

(See here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/new-york-new-york-field-office)

This field office has >30,000 pending cases. The published "processing time" is 13 months (50% of cases decided by this point) to 22.5 months (93% of cases decided by this point).

I am hoping more people with pending cases with this field office can start participating in the discussion!

By the way, I filed in April 2019. As of today, my estimated case completion time is April 2020. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

Some other members who have filed in the Manhattan field office in the past 12 months, most of whom are awaiting interviews (from what I have observed in other threads) are:

@nyj215 (July 2018)

@Dbkrantz (July 2018)

@Luisfmp86 (August 2018)

@GrowingPlants (August 2018)

@Claudio Romero (October 2018)

@Polis (January 2019)

@dhavalkumar (January 2019) - has an interview in June 2019

@prianca (February 2019)

@Dhope (February 2019)

@POM (April 2019)

@Tsewang (May 2019)

@Mark_Shalini (May 2019)

@h2o15 (May 2019)

Edited by N400NYC

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, N400NYC said:

Some other members who have filed in the Manhattan field office in the past 12 months, most of whom are awaiting interviews (from what I have observed in other threads) are:

@nyj215 (July 2018)

@Dbkrantz (July 2018)

@Luisfmp86 (August 2018)

@GrowingPlants (August 2018)

@Claudio Romero (October 2018)

@Polis (January 2019)

@dhavalkumar (January 2019) - has an interview in June 2019

@prianca (February 2019)

@Dhope (February 2019)

@POM (April 2019)

@Tsewang (May 2019)

@Mark_Shalini (May 2019)

@h2o15 (May 2019)

Hi all! 

So from what I see above no one except @dhavalkumar has got an interview date provided?

has there been cases which has been completed within 3-5months? I’ve seen such results in other offices. Not sure about NYC?

2 minutes ago, Mark_Shalini said:

Hi all! 

So from what I see above no one except @dhavalkumar has got an interview date provided?

has there been cases which has been completed within 3-5months? I’ve seen such results in other offices. Not sure about NYC?

Correct, none of these people have had interviews except the one mentioned. You can basically ignore what goes on in other offices as each office is different. Unfortunately the NYC/Manhattan office is one of the slowest/worst in the country ranking 76th out of 86th. So while in some other (faster) field offices people can get interviews in 2-3 months, that does not happen in NYC because the backlog is so big. It's one of the reasons I started this thread because it's so UNJUST that we are forced to wait so long simply based on the fact we live in NYC and not some other place. It's a very unfair situation nationally. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

1 minute ago, ANJOS said:

I have two friends who sent in June 2018 and already have their interview date!! 

Hello! When are their interviews?

When did you apply? Still waiting for an interview?

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

One was now on May the other one will be on June, I sent it online August 2018 and I still waiting for the interview, my waiting time was until June 2019 but now it change until October 2019 it is so sad, they sent it on paper by the way.

Edited by ANJOS

2 hours ago, ANJOS said:

One was now on May the other one will be on June, I sent it online August 2018 and I still waiting for the interview, my waiting time was until June 2019 but now it change until October 2019 it is so sad, they sent it on paper by the way.

The member who applied in January and has an interview in June applied on paper too. I wonder if in the NYC field office they are so backlogged with "online" cases that the smaller number of paper filed cases go into a separate bucket/queue? I think it would be naive of us to think there is one orderly queue into which each applicant is placed. Who knows how they determine who gets interviewed first, there doesn't seem to be much of a clear pattern...

Edited by N400NYC

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

2 hours ago, ANJOS said:

What is your "estimated wait time" at the bottom of your USCIS profile under the "biometrics review completed" part?

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

30 minutes ago, ANJOS said:

I really don’t understand what is happening 😞

I don't think anyone does. It's basically a waiting and guessing game. There's apparently no human that can approached for an answer! I see that the NYC office no longer accepts infopass appointments - basically, don't contact us!

The entire experience is far to mysterious. And the severe backlog and slowing down of the processing time is all attributable to DT and his administration. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

34 minutes ago, ANJOS said:

F92076DD-BDCA-46AA-B556-9034630BA020.jpeg

Basically they added 3 months to the interview waiting time for most people and then 1-4 months more in the part above (case completion time). That change took place on 5/16 - it was a dark day!

Edited by N400NYC

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

What is weird about mine is that on 5/16/19 they added 3 months to the bottom part (interview waiting time: went from 8 months to 11 months) but 2 months to the top part (case completion time : went from 10 months to 12 months). So now they both say 11 months which is clearly not the case. Usually the bottom one (interview waiting time) is of a shorter duration than the top one (case completion time). 

n400.JPG

Edited by N400NYC

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.