Trevor and Lorie

Help with expediting correction of BC at PSA

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

:unsure:

The sad part is our case is ready to schedule the interview. but We have to wait for this now. Tahts why I need it done ASAP. what happens when our NOA2 Expires before we have it? And will I need to redo all of my paperwork to be more current is that happens? Like I-134 for example.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, TLC2019 said:

The sad part is our case is ready to schedule the interview. but We have to wait for this now. Tahts why I need it done ASAP. what happens when our NOA2 Expires before we have it? And will I need to redo all of my paperwork to be more current is that happens? Like I-134 for example.

Your petition validity will not expire for 1 year.   Embassy will automatically renew it for up to a year.   Relax.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Your petition validity will not expire for 1 year.   Embassy will automatically renew it for up to a year.   Relax.

Good to know. Thank you Hank! Is there any reason to call the embassy for an extension just to make sure they extend it? For extra security?

Timeline
1 hour ago, TLC2019 said:

Good to know. Thank you Hank! Is there any reason to call the embassy for an extension just to make sure they extend it? For extra security?

Nope.  No reason to call the embassy, they are very good about the extensions.

You pay your visa fees already?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Nope.  No reason to call the embassy, they are very good about the extensions.

You pay your visa fees already?

no we have not paid the visa fees yet.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

That works.    Once paid that will be valid for 1 year.  ;)  

so it would be a good idea to pay it as soon as possible then? And as far as the documents go.... Should I generate new ones before the interview or is it ok to have them be 4 or 5 months old? I will wait to do the proof of relationship until right before interview. But I am mainly talking about the financial documents and I-134. Are they still acceptable 5 or 6 months old? Or do I just need to provide my most recent pay stubs?

Edited by TLC2019

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TLC2019 said:

so it would be a good idea to pay it as soon as possible then? And as far as the documents go.... Should I generate new ones before the interview or is it ok to have them be 4 or 5 months old? I will wait to do the proof of relationship until right before interview. But I am mainly talking about the financial documents and I-134. Are they still acceptable 5 or 6 months old? Or do I just need to provide my most recent pay stubs?

No.   Just wait, all is fine.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 5/17/2019 at 2:01 PM, Boiler said:

I may be confusing terms with different Countries, but informal payments to make something happen.

Somebody would lose the "informal payment" and nothing would happen))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

You may have to update the I-134 as well as the cenomar and NBI if it drags out a really long time.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

28 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Somebody would lose the "informal payment" and nothing would happen))

That's why you bring a pig.

A pig is more valuable than money in certain parts.

😉

jj

2 minutes ago, 2018JNJ said:

That's why you bring a pig.

A pig is more valuable than money in certain parts.

😉

jj

On my first trip we bought two piglets for her to keep. On my last trip we ate one of them as lechon....hmmm)))))

4 minutes ago, boris64 said:

On my first trip we bought two piglets for her to keep. On my last trip we ate one of them as lechon....hmmm)))))

We'll be cooking up 4 for the wedding..three we buy from her mom who was raising them just for this occasion.  🙂

jj

Timeline
6 hours ago, boris64 said:

You may have to update the I-134 as well as the cenomar and NBI if it drags out a really long time.

Are my documents good as long as they are no more than 4 months old? I’m in the Philippines right now. I’ll be eating Lumpia tonight, my personal favorite!! 😋 and drinking and signing karaoke with her family 😀 🎤 good times to be had tonight!!

Edited by TLC2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.