Max_003gh

Administrative process

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

What happens when you case status says administrative process and the embassy requires you to redo medical,police report,passport,passport pictures,marriage certificate and birth certificate,does that mean you have another interview? If yes should I go with additional supporting documents because they never asked. Help please and if there are questions to be asked can someone who went through this to brief me a little bit please 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You submit the required documents as seen on the site

marriage certificate

medical

police report

pictures

and give them your passport

i would suspect this is posted prior to a letter or email saying to send in the above

anytime you are working with immigration,  do all they require

and yes,  means would more than likely need new interview

10 minutes ago, Max_003gh said:

What happens when you case status says administrative process and the embassy requires you to redo medical,police report,passport,passport pictures,marriage certificate and birth certificate,does that mean you have another interview? If yes should I go with additional supporting documents because they never asked. Help please and if there are questions to be asked can someone who went through this to brief me a little bit please 

• If they ask you to re-do, then re-do them. However, they won't ask for that many things :) .
  • If they ask for another interview, then attend that interview.
    • They will let you know what to expect but they may not require anything and approve/deny the application

• Just bring the additional docs. They may not look at them at all but be prepared just in case.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, nguoivietnam2019 said:
  • If they ask you to re-do, then re-do them. However, they won't ask for that many things :) .
  • If they ask for another interview, then attend that interview.
    • They will let you know what to expect but they may not require anything and approve/deny the application

• Just bring the additional docs. They may not look at them at all but be prepared just in case.

I have been interview the first time we applied which was somewhere 2016 then I wasn’t given the visa all info was transferred to the state for review and asked as to prove why to keep our case active then we did and they approved and now, with the email they did it only said you have been booked for an appointment and also to redo our ds260 but no visa fee

4 minutes ago, Max_003gh said:

I have been interview the first time we applied which was somewhere 2016 then I wasn’t given the visa all info was transferred to the state for review and asked as to prove why to keep our case active then we did and they approved and now, with the email they did it only said you have been booked for an appointment and also to redo our ds260 but no visa fee

If they re-quest 2nd interview, then just attend the interview  and update the expired docs accordingly.

For additional evidences, just bring them with you. They may not review them at all but it is always good to come as prepared.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Max_003gh said:

If by "transferred to the state for review and asked as to prove why to keep our case active" you mean that the embassy returned your petition and you had to get it reaffirmed...then yes you will have another interview.   You bring the same supporting documents you took the first time along with any additional proof you may have acquired since then.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Max_003gh said:

If you are asked to update your DS-260 , please than do it as you are told , because they want to know if there is any change base on your previous DS-260 information , example , may be your wife had a baby with you now or something just been added in addition into your marriage process which you have to add in the DS-260 before your second interview.

However , please go to this website to update your DS-260 now

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

When you finished updating this DS-260 it will automatically send you a confirmation number telling you that your DS-260 was sent direct from the NVC to the US Embassy in Accra . 

You only need your case number and invoice number to update this DS-260.

Edited by Moses Bee

Timeline
On 5/17/2019 at 6:14 PM, Max_003gh said:

It simply means you were denied in 2016 and your case was sent back to uscis for review, hope am right? That means they reaffirmed your case again. If that is the case then you have to provide all those docs. I went through the same process so yes you have to log back to your ds260  edit it and submit it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.