MimiChan

Visa correction

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone. I got interview last April 25 and visa on hand May 9, and booked the ticket the same day. My travel suppose to be this coming 22nd of May however my visa has an error. Instead of my fiance name as a petitioner written on my visa, it was my son name written on it. I walk in to the embassy today and they ask me to return the whole packet including my passport together with my itirenary ticket and told me to have my visa pick up at 5pm at mall of asia. But somehow when I arrive there my packet is not at the branch. I called them 7pm and told me my case will be escalated. To those who have same case with me how long it takes for the visa correction? PS. I am under sputum as well so my medical will expire real soon. I am hoping someone from here will have my questions answered. Thank you 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow, it seemed that you were on a roll, then a run-in to a bad patch in the road. I would suggest that you may want to check in at the Philippine Regional Forum. There has be someone else that has gone through the Manila embassy and can offer some advice.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, MimiChan said:

Good day everyone. I got interview last April 25 and visa on hand May 9, and booked the ticket the same day. My travel suppose to be this coming 22nd of May however my visa has an error. Instead of my fiance name as a petitioner written on my visa, it was my son name written on it. I walk in to the embassy today and they ask me to return the whole packet including my passport together with my itirenary ticket and told me to have my visa pick up at 5pm at mall of asia. But somehow when I arrive there my packet is not at the branch. I called them 7pm and told me my case will be escalated. To those who have same case with me how long it takes for the visa correction? PS. I am under sputum as well so my medical will expire real soon. I am hoping someone from here will have my questions answered. Thank you 

With a expedite because you have your airfare in hand the embassy is rather quick, if the embassy said they will have it ready by 5PM I would believe them.   I would guess 2GO isn't on the ball ...

For most that are getting a correction in the visa without an expedite I have seen some take upwards of 5 days before it is delivered again.   Embassy is still very quick to fix these issues.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I wished what they told me was truth, but it's not. I've come back 2go yesterday until today but my packet is not included in there delivery. I have been calling them and email but there is no progress on my concern. Same quote they telling me that my case is now expedited . I still has to do the CFO sticker so I'm such in a tight place right now. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MimiChan said:

I wished what they told me was truth, but it's not. I've come back 2go yesterday until today but my packet is not included in there delivery. I have been calling them and email but there is no progress on my concern. Same quote they telling me that my case is now expedited . I still has to do the CFO sticker so I'm such in a tight place right now. 

And that is why you NEVER purchase your airfare until you have visa in hand (and have verified all is correct)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

We purchased Airfare after getting visa.  Found an error in K2 visa after booking airfare.  We contacted the embassy and they told us to come the same day and show airfare tickets for that evening.  They took the entire visa packet and were able to fix everything within a few hours.  We were able to pick up the visa at the embassy.  They are usually good about expediting if the error is on their part.

x

Timeline
On 5/16/2019 at 10:16 PM, Scott Br said:

We purchased Airfare after getting visa.  Found an error in K2 visa after booking airfare.  We contacted the embassy and they told us to come the same day and show airfare tickets for that evening.  They took the entire visa packet and were able to fix everything within a few hours.  We were able to pick up the visa at the embassy.  They are usually good about expediting if the error is on their part.

Just an update to this post. Finally visa on hand now. With the correct information this time. Thank you everyone

Timeline
2 hours ago, MimiChan said:

Just an update to this post. Finally visa on hand now. With the correct information this time. Thank you everyone

Great news!    Just a day late but it was at MOA?  

Safe Travels

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Wednesday when I return my packet to embassy . Then status became AP. Friday at 8am status change to issued. Then around 9am someone from u.s embassy call me informing I can pick up my visa at moa around 5pm. 

Thank you everyone. God bless 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.