ccece

help after case competed they said a divorce decree is missing

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

help, please my case was completed on March 14, and now they said divorce decree is missing when isnt because the marriage certificate have attached the divorce decree. i think they are holding my case on purpose and i dont know what else to do, they dont even sent me an email i just find it out checking on ceac status. who i can contact to?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Easiest thing is to send them another one.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

29 minutes ago, ccece said:

help, please my case was completed on March 14, and now they said divorce decree is missing when isnt because the marriage certificate have attached the divorce decree. i think they are holding my case on purpose and i dont know what else to do, they dont even sent me an email i just find it out checking on ceac status. who i can contact to?

• Just re-upload/re-send what you are asked to do. Also, check your email (s) listed on CEAC to see if email(s) are correct  and check your spam folder.  I believe they send their review results in batch (all at the end of business day) - so you may need see the email right away.
  • Separate the divorce certificate and marriage certificate as two docs. If you're required to upload, use additional section if you need to.

Edited by nguoivietnam2019

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Easiest thing is to send them another one.

but what they want as a divorce decree? all the court papers?? or just the paper that said your marriage is over, because each country have diferent forms of divorce decree meaning.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nguoivietnam2019 said:
  • Just re-upload/re-send what you are asked to do. Also, check your email (s) listed on CEAC to see if email(s) are correct  and check your spam folder.  I believe they send their review results in batch (all at the end of business day) - so you may need see the email right away.
  • Separate the divorce certificate and marriage certificate as two docs. If you're required to upload, use additional section if you need to.

ok thank you, but the problem is in my country marriage and divorce certificate is in the same page, is like a stamp the divorce certificate, but they are asking me divorce final decree. what that is? cause in each country have diferent meaning, and why 2 months later than my case is completed? thats weird and unfair. after 2 months more theyre going to keep asking for new documents.

1 minute ago, ccece said:

ok thank you, but the problem is in my country marriage and divorce certificate is in the same page, is like a stamp the divorce certificate, but they are asking me divorce final decree. what that is? cause in each country have diferent meaning, and why 2 months later than my case is completed? thats weird and unfair. after 2 months more theyre going to keep asking for new documents.

Some one from Uruguay may be able to have you address on if your doc is correct one.

Regarding the system, I do not think we can see absolute fairness in immigration system (or any "human" systems) from any countries. Who knows - US immigration systems may be actually much more transparent and much more completed than many other countries out there - it is just that the number of people who would like to immigrate to US are many more than others.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, nguoivietnam2019 said:

Some one from Uruguay may be able to have you address on if your doc is correct one.

Regarding the system, I do not think we can see absolute fairness in immigration system (or any "human" systems) from any countries. Who knows - US immigration systems may be actually much more transparent and much more completed than many other countries out there - it is just that the number of people who would like to immigrate to US are many more than others.

i dont know about, i just called to nvc they said i should ignore it that my case is completed, so im lost

1 minute ago, ccece said:

i dont know about, i just called to nvc they said i should ignore it that my case is completed, so im lost

Who said that you needed to re-send/re-upload docs? I thought we meant you got the info from NVC website when you checked for your upload docs' status.

Edited by nguoivietnam2019

Timeline
13 minutes ago, nguoivietnam2019 said:

Who said that you needed to re-send/re-upload docs? I thought we meant you got the info from NVC website when you checked for your upload docs' status.

My case Was completed two months ago, i always check the ceac website Just in case and today i Saw in documents the Word in complete in Red colour, so i clicked and the divorce certificate has the Word missing. 

So i upload ed again With a note saying in my country divorce and marriage are in the same page all translated. After i called nvc and ask about this, somebody said they r going to ask the supervisor and after told me i should ignore that incomplete Word. Cause they have my case completed. But now i dont Know what to think if they are saying that cause the c.o Who have my case didnt send the email yet or what. I dont Know if upload the Whole sentence of divorce too. 

Just now, ccece said:

My case Was completed two months ago, i always check the ceac website Just in case and today i Saw in documents the Word in complete in Red colour, so i clicked and the divorce certificate has the Word missing. 

So i upload ed again With a note saying in my country divorce and marriage are in the same page all translated. After i called nvc and ask about this, somebody said they r going to ask the supervisor and after told me i should ignore that incomplete Word. Cause they have my case completed. But now i dont Know what to think if they are saying that cause the c.o Who have my case didnt send the email yet or what. I dont Know if upload the Whole sentence of divorce too. 

Have you got the interview date?

Normally, the birth record has annotations of marriage and divorce, but there is a certificate of marriage and divorce Decree. I understand that they need the divorce certifícate. Download it and when your CEAC account shows accepted you will be ready for the next step of medical examination and interview,.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Eugenia2017 said:

Normally, the birth record has annotations of marriage and divorce, but there is a certificate of marriage and divorce Decree. I understand that they need the divorce certifícate. Download it and when your CEAC account shows accepted you will be ready for the next step of medical examination and interview,.

yes but my case was completed and approved already. and the marriage/divorce certificate was approved on november of 2018. 

8 minutes ago, ccece said:

It is easier to re-download the decree of divorce. You see that your case has been reviewed by a boss and the state you are in today is that. You decide if you want to advance or stay at this point.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eugenia2017 said:

yes i did upload it again, my concern is im not sure what theyr asking for. because the document is the same one. marriage /divorce decree in one single page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.