Jump to content
sparrowxxx419

I need help urgently

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I’ve been married and still married to my wife for three years and for the last two years I’ve suffered great emotional, psychologically and financial abuse from my wife. 

I’ve been scared to involve the police or speak to anyone cause the society feel men do not get abused or beaten by their wives. 

 

Am am about to petition for vawa and I was told by my attorney that I need to start counseling and abuse therapy. I live in Houston Texas. I’ve googled for places to start therapy and counseling. I don’t even know where to start from. Am still in my shell and don’t just want to speak to just anyone about this. 

 

Does anyone who live in Houston Texas know of any place I can have individual counseling? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

I’ve been married and still married to my wife for three years and for the last two years I’ve suffered great emotional, psychologically and financial abuse from my wife. 

I’ve been scared to involve the police or speak to anyone cause the society feel men do not get abused or beaten by their wives. 

 

Am am about to petition for vawa and I was told by my attorney that I need to start counseling and abuse therapy. I live in Houston Texas. I’ve googled for places to start therapy and counseling. I don’t even know where to start from. Am still in my shell and don’t just want to speak to just anyone about this. 

 

Does anyone who live in Houston Texas know of any place I can have individual counseling? 

Go to Vawa 13 thread to

get answers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

I’ve been married and still married to my wife for three years and for the last two years I’ve suffered great emotional, psychologically and financial abuse from my wife. 

I’ve been scared to involve the police or speak to anyone cause the society feel men do not get abused or beaten by their wives. 

 

Am am about to petition for vawa and I was told by my attorney that I need to start counseling and abuse therapy. I live in Houston Texas. I’ve googled for places to start therapy and counseling. I don’t even know where to start from. Am still in my shell and don’t just want to speak to just anyone about this. 

 

Does anyone who live in Houston Texas know of any place I can have individual counseling? 

 

It isn't just about going to counseling and such, it's you really need proof she has been "abusive".. without police reports and all that, it's just your word against hers. What kind of evidence or proof do you have of these such things? Also we are from Houston area, just near Katy side.

 

Also, your profile says "Adjustment of status (pending)" but been married for 2-3 years. What status are you currently?

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gif     giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

 

It isn't just about going to counseling and such, it's you really need proof she has been "abusive".. without police reports and all that, it's just your word against hers. What kind of evidence or proof do you have of these such things? Also we are from Houston area, just near Katy side.

 

Also, your profile says "Adjustment of status (pending)" but been married for 2-3 years. What status are you currently?

This is NOT true. USCIS considers both physical abuse and mental abuse- which they call extreme cruelty. Extreme cruelty is proven through things like affidavits, Psych reports, psych meds, therapy visits etc. There is typically no police report or photo evidence of mental abuse. It is proven other ways... Anyway the OP has since joined the VAWA thread and received the info he needed there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, username_taken said:

the OP has since joined the VAWA thread and received the info he needed there.

Accordingly, this stand-alone thread is now closed.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...