MiltonWaddams

K1 questions from newbie

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I apologize in advance as the advanced search did not yield any answers I was looking for. Quick background, me and my fiance from Colombia have been dating for 2 years now and met while she was in school here. We'd love to expedite the process but in reality I'm hoping for no RKE. 

1. Is there a checklist that states the order of the K1? I know I need a cover letter, I-129F, then?? I have most everything ready to go but wants to be sure of order

2. Should I print photos of us on regular sheets of paper (I already have these done the quality is so-so) or should I get actual photos and glue them on paper?
3. The "our story" letter should it be typed out or handwritten?

4. Does anyone use colored tabs to make it easier to find pages? How should it be stapled or should it be in notebook form?

5. How many total pages was your K1 packet and response time to approval?

6. Is letter from reverend all you need for intent to marry?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I apologize in advance as the advanced search did not yield any answers I was looking for. Quick background, me and my fiance from Colombia have been dating for 2 years now and met while she was in school here. We'd love to expedite the process but in reality I'm hoping for no RKE. 

1. Is there a checklist that states the order of the K1? I know I need a cover letter, I-129F, then?? I have most everything ready to go but wants to be sure of order

2. Should I print photos of us on regular sheets of paper (I already have these done the quality is so-so) or should I get actual photos and glue them on paper?

4. Does anyone use colored tabs to make it easier to find pages? How should it be stapled or should it be in notebook form?

5. How many total pages was your K1 packet and response time to approval?

6. Is letter from reverend all you need for intent to marry?

Thanks!

2.  Photos not required.   If you choose to submit print on paper

3.  What's this?

4.  Paper clips

5.  My package was petition form plus 5 pages of evidence 

6.  No

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

1. There is no official order but you can use checklist as guide. 

Cover letter is not required and if petition is very standard, you can skip cover letter.  

People may object but I think cover letter should be used to provide some explanation or address some red flags, not to list the included items.

2. Regular A-4/letter paper is good

3. It does not matter and it is not required. I suggest to use the provided space in I-129F to provide info on how you guys met.  Save time for you and for USCIS.

4. No recommendation as I did not use any kind of tabs for my petition.

5. It depends on how many times you visited, events you guys were together, etc.

6. Each should have 1 letter of intend with signature and date, scanned version can be used.

Edited by VNN

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Is letter from reverend all you need for intent to marry?

Do not send this.  How can someone else attest to you and your fiancee's intent to marry?  

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Sigh.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Thanks for the answers and suggestions, very helpful with the exception of jorgedig

If you send a letter written by a reverend stating that you intend to marry, and not letters of intent from the beneficiary and the petitioner, your petition will be not be approved.  And sorry if that info isn't helpful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

If you send a letter written by a reverend stating that you intend to marry, and not letters of intent from the beneficiary and the petitioner, your petition will be not be approved.  And sorry if that info isn't helpful.

It would be a letter from myself, my beneficiary and the reverend. 

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It would be a letter from myself, my beneficiary and the reverend. 

Great, but that was not what was in your original post.  You asked if the letter from the reverend was "all that is needed."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.