TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,377 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Hello dear VJ members. If you have been waiting in AP 6 months and over, I suggest a WOM. A WOM itself would not cause a denial, it would simply get your case adjudicated. If your relationship is truthful and you have been honest about everything in your case, you should file a WOM. I dont know why this is so discouraged on visa journey. For gods sake everyone know your rights! I really hope the best for everyone here and would never give the wrong advice.

Asallamalaiykum did you file WOM? 

4 hours ago, Malik786 said:

Asallamalaiykum did you file WOM? 

No I did not file a wom. Our case got approved on its own. But we were in AP for 7 months and during that time, I did a lot of research on this. I only recommend this route for people who have no red flags in their case and have been truthful about everything. 

2 hours ago, Rami91 said:

Do you have any percentage of the approval if we did wom???

I dont have a percentage but I have never seen a WOM turning out to a denial. If I ever did see a denial it was because the couple lied about something. I have never seen a WOM turning out to a denial just because the security checks were not done. Once again, if you have been honest in everything and you are stuck in this black hole for no reason and you have waitied at least 6 months, go for it.

15 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

A friend I met on here filed one and her husbands case was returned for not enough evidence of bonafide relationship that coupled with the rate that attorneys are charging for it makes me not ready to file one myself.  I need to see enough positive turn around to decide if its worth the 3500-6000 I have been seeing attorneys quote.

Mubarak ho!!  Please keep us in your prayers!

Freda, I talked to that person and the reason it was sent back was because the officer found something that the couple could not clarify at that time. I know we are talking about the same person because a long time back I asked you if you know anyone who filed a WOM and you told me about her.

I contacted her to find the reason.

Edited by Rosepetal3333

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Freda, I talked to that person and the reason it was sent back was because the officer found something that the couple could not clarify at that time. I know we are talking about the same person because a long time back I asked you if you know anyone who filed a WOM and you told me about her.

I contacted her to find the reason.

She couldn't clarify until after she was given the NOIR there was no opportunity beforehand.

Your case was approved in 7 months.  If someone pays that much money at 6 months along and their case was close to approval anyway I'm not sure if its worth the price.   Its a tough decision...

If you have some stories of successfully filed WOMs please share.  

2 hours ago, Rami91 said:

Do you have any percentage of the approval if we did wom???

I wish... it would be helpful to making a decision.   I have seen some on facebook that resulted in approval, some resulted in a return and some I never hear from again.   

I feel like its  a gamble if I pay that much and my case was going to be approved anyway is it really worth it...hence why I have not done one yet.   I'd like to see more positive outcomes.   

Personally I really don't trust attorneys (especially immigration) ones as they promote lying to increase approval chances.  I would encourage that if you were taking the step for a WOM that you follow a referral to one.  A few attorneys that I have talked to recommend a WOM at 12 months.  Be sure that you have exhausted all avenues and have documented communication between you and/or the senator and the embassy to show you tried to resolve this on your own.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Its also a good idea to read cases from Islamabad and reasons for denial.   Honest cases also face denial.   The purpose that this DS5535 was put it to place was for additional scrutiny for terrorism or other national security-related threats even though a lot of us don't feel we should have received one we did.  I don't know for sure if not completing background checks would cause a denial (as I haven't seen one) but cases like Kerry v. Din show that not much description or further information is always given as to why a decision was made.

I think the honest cases being returned are generally a little complicated sometimes innocent ppl with unfortunate situations face denial only because ppl do immigration fraud the thing is if someone is committing a fraud they should know that not only they will face problems they're creating hurdles for others sad but true. Allah help us all amen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 6/11/2019 at 11:26 PM, Rashid patras said:

So finally you succeed to get your husband passport back wish you good luck for your case and yes I have just checked ceac it's showing same server error hope they working on site.

Thank you Rashid. The same for you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 6/20/2019 at 6:24 PM, Engr017 said:

Alhumdulilah, with the grace of Allah, my visa has been issued. And I am in USA😊

Total time in AP with DS5535 is 15 months 3 days

Embassy is Islamabad

Congratulations!! I’m glad to see some good news. All the best to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.