TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,374 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Cashorino said:

Does that mean that people who travel a lot tend to stay longer in AP than others? I have travelled quite a bit within the last 15 years...Also: do those cases got updated within their 2 months after the interview? Just trying to compare it to my case which still hasn't been updated yet ...

I am from Austria, in the EU. non immigrant visa, for an internship. Parents are from a travel ban country though.

If you have traveled to your parents' country they might wanna take a clearance for that.

Hello dear VJ members. If you have been waiting in AP 6 months and over, I suggest a WOM. A WOM itself would not cause a denial, it would simply get your case adjudicated. If your relationship is truthful and you have been honest about everything in your case, you should file a WOM. I dont know why this is so discouraged on visa journey. For gods sake everyone know your rights! I really hope the best for everyone here and would never give the wrong advice.

Edited by Rosepetal3333

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Hello dear VJ members. If you have been waiting in AP 6 months and over, I suggest a WOM. A WOM itself would not cause a denial, it would simply get your case adjudicated. If your relationship is truthful and you have been honest about everything in your case, you should file a WOM. I dont know why this is so discouraged on visa journey. For gods sake everyone know your rights! I really hope the best for everyone here and would never give the wrong advice.

Did you file one?  

7 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Did you file one?  

No Freda, Fortunately I did not have to file one.  My husband got a visa in 7 months AP Alhumdulilah. But while I was waiting I did a lot of research into it and seriously if your relationship is real and you were truthful about everything, dont be afraid to file it. In order to deny you they have to find something wrong with your case and justify it to the judge. There are several misconceptions like what if the background checks are not finished, they will deny it. The WOM forces them to adjudicate the case. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

No Freda, Fortunately I did not have to file one.  My husband got a visa in 7 months AP Alhumdulilah. But while I was waiting I did a lot of research into it and seriously if your relationship is real and you were truthful about everything, dont be afraid to file it. In order to deny you they have to find something wrong with your case and justify it to the judge. There are several misconceptions like what if the background checks are not finished, they will deny it. The WOM forces them to adjudicate the case. 

A friend I met on here filed one and her husbands case was returned for not enough evidence of bonafide relationship that coupled with the rate that attorneys are charging for it makes me not ready to file one myself.  I need to see enough positive turn around to decide if its worth the 3500-6000 I have been seeing attorneys quote.

16 minutes ago, Engr017 said:

Alhumdulilah, with the grace of Allah, my visa has been issued. And I am in USA😊

Total time in AP with DS5535 is 15 months 3 days

Embassy is Islamabad

Mubarak ho!!  Please keep us in your prayers!

36 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

A friend I met on here filed one and her husbands case was returned for not enough evidence of bonafide relationship that coupled with the rate that attorneys are charging for it makes me not ready to file one myself.  I need to see enough positive turn around to decide if its worth the 3500-6000 I have been seeing attorneys quote.

Mubarak ho!!  Please keep us in your prayers!

WOM is not a bad think when. In WOM embassy need a strong reason to deny your case. With out a embassy can't deny your case

My mother's brother is our petitioner for family immigration who is a US citizen. We interviewed at the Islamabad embassy in December of 2018. A week after the interview, they send an email asking me to fill DS 5535 for myself. They only asked me to fill up the form although I have been in USA for a while now. Now I am already in US since 2015 on F-1 visa. I graduated last month and now going to be working here in USA on OPT card.
There has been a few updates on our case since interview but nothing substantial. Our medical has expired last month too. I have following questions:

Now since I am not in college anymore and will be starting working, will i not be considered a dependent child and removed from getting visa through my mom's case? Should I enroll in Masters to get into school again? 
 Should I ask embassy if my parents visa is approved they should send their passports back while I am undergoing Administrative processing?
Anyone who interviewed in Dec in Islamabad got their visa recently? Any advice?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Manooo said:

Before getting a visa how many times your case was updated???

Congratulations though you have gone through really really hard time during AP but it's all paid off once your visa in hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.