TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,371 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 hours ago, Waiting forever said:

It's been 21 months since my husband has been in AP. Things seem to fall apart and the excitement doesn't last about being together but you tend to hold on and talk on the phone/video call just to keep each other calm. The key is to stop thinking about it and make it an every day thing. what keeps me and my husband sane is that we both know I get to visit him for three weeks every year :D .

We have also been waiting 21 months since we turned in the DS5535 Form. We have highs and lows. Usually when I’m down he brings me up and vice versa. We try to just live our lives for today and remain hopeful. 

DEAB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, MZR said:

Anyone have information on ds260 getting reopened or written as incomplete while being in AP for more than 1 year?

I'm not really clear on the process of updating the ds260.   I have not updated ours since we filled it out in August of 2017.   I  know the embassy has to reopen it it does not open automatically but if you notice that it has changed I would contact the embassy before moving forward.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I'm not really clear on the process of updating the ds260.   I have not updated ours since we filled it out in August of 2017.   I  know the embassy has to reopen it it does not open automatically but if you notice that it has changed I would contact the embassy before moving forward.

My son's ds 260 changed automatically after one year  last month .

8 hours ago, Rashid patras said:

This week  my case updated 3 times hoping some positive news Soon. But God knows better when it's going to happen and I wish and pray for all vj,ers who stuck in AP should get visas soon.

Ameen!

5 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

Some days are harder, 

Just got off facetime with my fiance, he had a melt down... 

His family is not even in Pakistan, everyone is abroad and he is by himself. It's been more than year since he moved back to Pakistan..we thought it may not take as long as it's taking... 

How do you say to someone you love very much that inshallah it's gonna be alright. My belief hasn't  been broken, i still have hope but how do you keep pushing..

Thank you for listening 

I can relate to you. It’s very difficult... all we can do is pray and wait. Some days are harder then others but we keep trusting in Allah and praying for our loves ones. This whole process will be behind us soon. In Shaa Allah

3 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

1 hour ago, YMI said:

We haven't received an email to resubmit but when checking the ceac website it states that our case has been reopened because updates are required so we have to resubmit the forms. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, YMI said:

Mine has never changed, updated, opened nothing...

11 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

Are you from Philippines I haven't come across anyone from the Philippines yet.

No I’m not from the Philippines. I’m American and my hubby is Afghan.... I got my info from the VJ home page where it shows the recent visa approvals in VJ. Lately they’re from Phillipines... 

In Shaa Allah we all hear the goodnews we’ve been waiting for too 😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, sk91 said:

the expiry date of mine changed from 2019 to 2022 for CR-1 ds 260 after a year... Did ur's change?

Yes it did.  I was confused because I was thinking after the expiry date passed I would have to update it but it just changed instead.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, sk91 said:

the expiry date of mine changed from 2019 to 2022 for CR-1 ds 260 after a year... Did ur's change?

My case ds 260 changed also from 2019 to 2022 .I am worried why without asking added another 3 years. Waiting for last 23 months. My question is this because of backlog or I am going for long marathon?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, YMI said:

My case ds 260 changed also from 2019 to 2022 .I am worried why without asking added another 3 years. Waiting for last 23 months. My question is this because of backlog or I am going for long marathon?

I think the date is for them not us and has no correlation to how long our case will take.  It's the form itself that expires.  

I'm just confused that since 2017 never once has our ds-260 reopened or have we been asked to update it.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I think the date is for them not us and has no correlation to how long our case will take.  It's the form itself that expires.  

I'm just confused that since 2017 never once has our ds-260 reopened or have we been asked to update it.

Same here, it just updated on it's own - not even sure when.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.