andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, we just got our interview date but apparently there's a mistake so the lawyer is taking care of it.

Just wanted to know if someone knows any "easy" way to travel to Buenos Aires or if I need some kind of permit?

@peony mentioned "trámites impostergables y urgencias" permit but if any of you knows any other way I can get to the interview is highly appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 hours ago, Lucre said:

Hi everyone, we just got our interview date but apparently there's a mistake so the lawyer is taking care of it.

Just wanted to know if someone knows any "easy" way to travel to Buenos Aires or if I need some kind of permit?

@peony mentioned "trámites impostergables y urgencias" permit but if any of you knows any other way I can get to the interview is highly appreciated

I think @Jonnat is the one that traveled recently and can tell more about it. 
it is great you got an interview date!

Hi everyone!

I was also scheduled an interview, so I wanted to ask:

I was born in Buenos Aires, and the birth entry/certificates I can get are all digital now. Did anyone take a printed copy of theirs to their interview? Did they ran into any problems because of it?

I've seen that K-1 visas are advised to forward the original government email with the .pdf certificate to the embassy, is this accurate? The instructions for immigrant visas don't acknowledge the digital version at all.

Thank you!

IR-1/CR-1 

Argentina

Spoiler

Potomac Service Center
I-130 Priority Date: 2019-09-27
I-130 NOA1: 2019-10-02

I-130 NOA2: 2020-06-09 (251 days)

NVC received: 2020-06-10

NVC uploaded AOS and IV docs to CEAC: 2020-06-29

NVC case completed: 2020-07-09

Interview appointment e-mail received: 2020-08-06

Interview: 2020-09-17 (351 days)

Timeline
7 hours ago, peony said:

Hi everyone!

I was born in Buenos Aires, and the birth entry/certificates I can get are all digital now. Did anyone take a printed copy of theirs to their interview? Did they ran into any problems because of it?

I've seen that K-1 visas are advised to forward the original government email with the .pdf certificate to the embassy, is this accurate? The instructions for immigrant visas don't acknowledge the digital version at all.

Thank you!

Hi there! I don’t know if there are new rules regarding k1 since my interview was april 2019. I got a digital BC too but then I made it legalize on the Registro Nacional de Personas in Córdoba Capital. They signed it and put a stamp saying the copy was a Copia Fiel. Also I do no not how things like these are being done with the current situation 

21 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Hi there! I don’t know if there are new rules regarding k1 since my interview was april 2019. I got a digital BC too but then I made it legalize on the Registro Nacional de Personas in Córdoba Capital. They signed it and put a stamp saying the copy was a Copia Fiel. Also I do no not how things like these are being done with the current situation 

Thank you so much for answering!

I'll look into it, but you're right, with this current situation it's hard to know how things like that are being done now.

IR-1/CR-1 

Argentina

Spoiler

Potomac Service Center

23 hours ago, peony said:

Hi everyone!

Thank you!

Yes we printed the PDF but also brought the original one in plastic (from the hospital). It’s good to bring all originals just in case they question your print outs. 

Just make sure to legalize and apostille it before you leave the country so it’s valid in the US. 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

3 minutes ago, andyazcu said:

Yes we printed the PDF but also brought the original one in plastic (from the hospital). It’s good to bring all originals just in case they question your print outs. 

Just make sure to legalize and apostille it before you leave the country so it’s valid in the US. 

You're right, I'll bring everything I can find just in case, thank you for sharing!

I didn't even think of the last bit, I'll make sure to do it before I move. Thank you again!

IR-1/CR-1 

Argentina

Spoiler

Potomac Service Center

Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 8:55 PM, andreaam said:

On 8/6/2020 at 8:55 PM, andreaam said:

@peony  I just messaged you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys! I have an interview for my CR-1 visa Sep 3rd and I'm getting a bit paranoid because sites have different information so I feel a bit lost 😅

These are all the required documents I've found:

• Copy of your NVC interview letter
  • Copy of the Yatri appointment registration confirmation
  • Confirmation page from the Form DS-260 Application 
  • Original DNI and photocopies
  • Your original birth entry and a photocopy.
  • Unexpired passport valid for six (6) months + photocopy of the biographic page (where your name and photo are located).
  • All Previous  and / or expired passports
  • Two (2) color photographs (5 cm x 5 cm)
  • Medical examination results (They're online now, Dr Grillo told me she sent them to the embassy already)
  • Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.
  • Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, naturalization certificate, or lawful permanent resident card).
  • Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and visa applicant (such as photographs, letters, or emails). You should gather more photos, message record or videocall record. They should be different than the ones you sent on the I-129F packet.
  • Original marriage entry and a photocopy.
  • Police certificate
  • Fill out DS-5540 https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds5540.PDF

I just have 3 small doubts:

1. Am I forgetting something?
  2. We already filled Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) when submitting documents for NVC, does that mean that they require an updated one with the last tax returns?
  3. I also sent my police certificate to NVC in May (“con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal” is no longer an option, NVC bounced my certificate back and I had to re-submit it explaining that there was no option in the form), but I've read that I need a valid one (they expire in 90 days?) upon entry to the US. Do I need to request another one?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Zeitzen said:

Hi Guys! I have an interview for my CR-1 visa Sep 3rd and I'm getting a bit paranoid because sites have different information so I feel a bit lost 😅

These are all the required documents I've found:

• Copy of your NVC interview letter
  • Copy of the Yatri appointment registration confirmation
  • Confirmation page from the Form DS-260 Application 
  • Original DNI and photocopies
  • Your original birth entry and a photocopy.
  • Unexpired passport valid for six (6) months + photocopy of the biographic page (where your name and photo are located).
  • All Previous  and / or expired passports
  • Two (2) color photographs (5 cm x 5 cm)
  • Medical examination results (They're online now, Dr Grillo told me she sent them to the embassy already)
  • Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.
  • Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, naturalization certificate, or lawful permanent resident card).
  • Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and visa applicant (such as photographs, letters, or emails). You should gather more photos, message record or videocall record. They should be different than the ones you sent on the I-129F packet.
  • Original marriage entry and a photocopy.
  • Police certificate
  • Fill out DS-5540 https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds5540.PDF

I just have 3 small doubts:

1. Am I forgetting something?
  2. We already filled Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) when submitting documents for NVC, does that mean that they require an updated one with the last tax returns?
  3. I also sent my police certificate to NVC in May (“con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal” is no longer an option, NVC bounced my certificate back and I had to re-submit it explaining that there was no option in the form), but I've read that I need a valid one (they expire in 90 days?) upon entry to the US. Do I need to request another one?

Thanks!

Hello! My husband just had his CR-1 interview on August 13. Your list looks complete....though I would advise you to bring the tax returns/tax transcripts that you submitted to the NVC from previous years. I seem to recall that they asked my husband for those (I will double check with him tomorrow, and post an update if that was NOT the case). 

You do not need to fill out a new I-864 with 2019 tax info. 

They did not ask my husband for the DS 5540, but he took it just in case. He also took health insurance rate quotes for unsubsidized health insurance plans to show the officer incase they asked if he would be able to be insured within 30 days of arrival. (but, to my knowledge, the health insurance mandate part of the Public Charge rule is currently not enforceable because of a court injunction). I would be curious to know if they ask you for this or the DS 5540....you should post back afterwards and update us!

What do you mean "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal” is no longer an option? We were not 100% sure when the police report expired, so my husband just went and got another one (with the excepcion al 51)  por las dudas. You can make an appointment online and it only took him like 10 minutes in the officer to get the new one! Where did you read that you will need to present a valid one upon entry? Do you mean at the airport? I don't think that is the case. All the info for your immigration process will be electronically available to the officer at the port of entry. Instead of giving them the sealed envelop, you give them your case # I believe and they access your file online.

Also, if you happened to study in the United States in the past, bring your I-20s!!!

Hope that helps! Suerte! You are almost there!

Edited by Gonzalaz

42 minutes ago, Gonzalaz said:

Hello! My husband just had his CR-1 interview on August 13. Your list looks complete....though I would advise you to bring the tax returns/tax transcripts that you submitted to the NVC from previous years. I seem to recall that they asked my husband for those (I will double check with him tomorrow, and post an update if that was NOT the case). 

They did not ask my husband for the DS 5540, but he took it just in case. He also took health insurance rate quotes for unsubsidized health insurance plans to show the officer incase they asked if he would be able to be insured within 30 days of arrival. (but, to my knowledge, the health insurance mandate part of the Public Charge rule is currently not enforceable because of a court injunction). I would be curious to know if they ask you for this or the DS 5540....you should post back afterwards and update us!

What do you mean "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal” is no longer an option? We were not 100% sure when the police report expired, so my husband just went and got another one (with the excepcion al 51)  por las dudas. You can make an appointment online and it only took him like 10 minutes in the officer to get the new one! Where did you read that you will need to present a valid one upon entry? Do you mean at the airport? I don't think that is the case. All the info for your immigration process will be electronically available to the officer at the port of entry. Instead of giving them the sealed envelop, you give them your case # I believe and they access your file online.

Also, if you happened to study in the United States in the past, bring your I-20s!!!

Thanks for the info, that's really useful!

I'll print the I-864 we sent to NVC and keep the latest tax returns and W-2 at hand just in case

Last time I requested my criminal records through https://www.argentina.gob.ar/justicia/reincidencia/antecedentespenales, that URL takes you to the RNR (Registro nacional de Reinicidencia). You can fill out a form and they just send you a PDF with the records, there's no "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal" option, last I checked this was the only way to get them. It might be because of the pandemic, but I'll call the registry on monday to check!

image.png.34755017db18cf2bee154f1311130830.png

1 hour ago, Gonzalaz said:

I'll print the I-864 we sent to NVC and keep the latest tax returns and W-2 at hand just in case

Last time I requested my criminal records through https://www.argentina.gob.ar/justicia/reincidencia/antecedentespenales, that URL takes you to the RNR (Registro nacional de Reinicidencia). You can fill out a form and they just send you a PDF with the records, there's no "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal" option, last I checked this was the only way to get them. It might be because of the pandemic, but I'll call the registry on monday to check!

Edit: I read about the criminal records being required on arrival in this thread and in some other website (cant recall which one), so that information could be completely wrong

Edited by Zeitzen

16 hours ago, Zeitzen said:

Edit: I read about the criminal records being required on arrival in this thread and in some other website (cant recall which one), so that information could be completely wrong

Yea you go to the office...at least in Buenos Aires. My husband went in and got a new antecedentes penales two weeks ago. 

Hi @Zeitzen!

The procedure to get the art. 51 exception online, is: after you get the .pdf normally, without the exception, you go to Reclamos -> Ingreso de nueva gestión -> "Reclamo - Tramitación" en el tipo de gestión, y luego seleccionás "El trámite no fue entregado con excepción al art. 51 del Código Penal."

Luego de unos días, te llega por email un nuevo .pdf corregido!

r1.JPG.59ae884ed9d42991713b83b0511e4cf6.JPG

r2.thumb.JPG.5e597a1113469a3df70e9f7946bece67.JPG

Edit: HAHA I just realized I code switched to Spanish after writing the options in Spanish.

Edit 2: If you can't find the Reclamos option, is on the https://www.argentina.gob.ar/justicia/reincidencia homepage, go to "Sacá el certificado de antecedentes penales" ->  and then below where it asks if you have a DNI, you click on "Reclamos" in the "Sistema de Gestión e Información al Usuario" section.

Edited by peony

IR-1/CR-1 

Argentina

Spoiler

Potomac Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.