Kai!1

MNL

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

We got our NOA2 on April 23 (after 270 days of waiting 😫). I’m the applicant and I live outside MNL. Based on the current average wait times, is it safe to book a flight to MNL for my medical for end of May? I’m hoping I’d already have the NVC email with MNL # by then. Tyia.

I have no knowledge of the Phillipines but based on how unpredictable the whole proces is I would suggest not to book tickets until you have the dates for medical and interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kai!1 said:

Hello,

We got our NOA2 on April 23 (after 270 days of waiting 😫). I’m the applicant and I live outside MNL. Based on the current average wait times, is it safe to book a flight to MNL for my medical for end of May? I’m hoping I’d already have the NVC email with MNL # by then. Tyia.

You might be ok.  I would wait until you have your interview booked.   

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

You might be ok.  I would wait until you have your interview booked.   

Thanks! I wanted to get the medical test done asap just in case there are delays and sputum tests are required. I don’t mind going back for my interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnneA said:

I have no knowledge of the Phillipines but based on how unpredictable the whole proces is I would suggest not to book tickets until you have the dates for medical and interview.

I appreciate your response. The sole purpose of the end of May trip was just to get my medical out of the way for my peace of mind, in case I fail it and would need to wait a couple months longer. 

You can still book your medical earlier than your interview once you have that date. The K1-visa expires 6 month after the date of the medical as far as I know 😊

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kai!1 said:

Hello,

Your fiance (petitioner) will only get the email from NVC if he requests it, otherwise you will be waiting for the NVC letter.  (either of you can email to request your MNL #, but only one of you)

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

It can take 2 weeks from when you received the NOA2 before NVC receives the case file from USCIS, then it can take another month before NVC has the MNL# .    I would wait on scheduling a flight to Manila for the medical, maybe wait to get the interview scheduled, then complete the medical during the same week .. handling both during the same trip.   

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Medical at SLEC

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Right now you could look at completing CFO, get that out of the way now will save you a month of time later.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On average it taking 4 weeks NOA2 to NVC and NVC is assigning number in quicker fashion in about 1-2 weeks. Of course your mileage may vary.

You must have the MNL letter to show for your medical so going now or soon would be a waste of time. You may want to wait for the letter and go one time and do medical on Monday/Tuesday and then interview on Thursday/Friday and be done with in one trip. You could complete CFO on Wednesday. It's a busy week but it can be done.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

We have a NOA2 dated 04/22/19 and we are not scheduling anything yet. We are gathering all the documents required for the medical and embassy while we wait. Depending on when we can move forward, we might try Greenbaum's idea of getting it all done in the same week.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zach2015 said:

We have a NOA2 dated 04/22/19 and we are not scheduling anything yet. We are gathering all the documents required for the medical and embassy while we wait. Depending on when we can move forward, we might try Greenbaum's idea of getting it all done in the same week.

I’ve  just decided I’ll take that route, too. Thanks. After the long wait for our NOA2, I had my walls up and I’m worried there will  more delays so I wanted to get my medical out of the way asap, in case I fail it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.