502 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Maybe it is the combination of a couple of things, the time of year, the glacial pace of progress from our old "friend" USCIS....  It seems that the last couple of threads people were "jones-ing" - harping, complaining, whining about "Janie got two candy bars and I only got one" kind of thing. It was just getting a little trite and petty.

Oh well so it goes. I have been on these forums for nine years. My family's own immigration journey is on kind of a holding pattern. I have been on here the last couple of years paying back to the VJ community for all of the help that was provided to us when we were biting our nails awaiting a decision that couldn't come fast enough, or making an eleven hour flight to a country that doesn't even use the same alphabet as the one that you are know, let alone vastly different language and customs. It has been a great run, people need to harp less about where the next person is in the queue, and more about rallying against the horrible mess that USCIS devolved into. It is almost like an amorphous, asynchronous glob that has no perceivable movement or output emanates. The lack of progress exhibited by USCIS borders on criminal, the Federal leaders of our country, on both sides of the aisle, should be held accountable for the deplorable condition that they have ignored for far too many years. Now the citizens that are now in the throes of these processes is bearing the fruit of all of these years of administrative oversight. 

Ok, hopefully things will get better in a couple of days....Happy New Year !!! and...

Good luck on your immigration journey.:thumbs: 

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

On 12/27/2019 at 8:24 PM, Pitaya said:

Maybe it is the combination of a couple of things, the time of year, the glacial pace of progress from our old "friend" USCIS....  It seems that the last couple of threads people were "jones-ing" - harping, complaining, whining about "Janie got two candy bars and I only got one" kind of thing. It was just getting a little trite and petty.

Oh well so it goes. I have been on these forums for nine years. My family's own immigration journey is on kind of a holding pattern. I have been on here the last couple of years paying back to the VJ community for all of the help that was provided to us when we were biting our nails awaiting a decision that couldn't come fast enough, or making an eleven hour flight to a country that doesn't even use the same alphabet as the one that you are know, let alone vastly different language and customs. It has been a great run, people need to harp less about where the next person is in the queue, and more about rallying against the horrible mess that USCIS devolved into. It is almost like an amorphous, asynchronous glob that has no perceivable movement or output emanates. The lack of progress exhibited by USCIS borders on criminal, the Federal leaders of our country, on both sides of the aisle, should be held accountable for the deplorable condition that they have ignored for far too many years. Now the citizens that are now in the throes of these processes is bearing the fruit of all of these years of administrative oversight. 

Ok, hopefully things will get better in a couple of days....Happy New Year !!! and...

Good luck on your immigration journey.:thumbs: 

I’m optimistic, we all have our own road of journey but we’ll get there :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Received our RFE by mail on November 7th, RFE date is November 1st
RFE was to send two passport photos for petitioner, Aldo we did provide them initialy. We replied the following week and USCIS update was on 27th December confirming they received our response to RFE. Do not know why it took them so long to confirm receipt of documentation.
Does any one has the similar situation?
Any advice?

Thanks

Edited by Nikol993

On 12/27/2019 at 5:55 PM, ShibaYuri2428 said:

It's good you got the RFE explanation. 

Can you post the RFE here so I can see the exact requirements (you can black out the personal/sensitive info)?  By the way, I think you need to quote me or reply somehow because I don't get email notifications otherwise I think. 

80532091_438952723466303_2255910127452291072_n.thumb.jpg.809b15859ccf5ade473a6144ef5f8103.jpgSorry for the 

Sorry for the delayed response! Holiday period and then my fiance got here and I am just now getting back online. He isn't leaving until the end of the month which is why we are delayed in sending our RFE back. Anyway this is a photo of the request we received. As I mentioned the police won't give him his arrest documents in hand and only will send them off but I am not comfortable with that.

Hopefully the court will give him disposition that he needs and we can get a letter from the police that they won't give us their documents. I am a bit worried about it all. Was hoping we could easily get everything and send it away. Now I am worried if the police won't then the court might not either but I guess I just wait and see at this point.

Not worried about the actual approval though as the case was dropped at court. Just getting the documents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
13 hours ago, Cilllah said:

80532091_438952723466303_2255910127452291072_n.thumb.jpg.809b15859ccf5ade473a6144ef5f8103.jpgSorry for the 

Sorry for the delayed response! Holiday period and then my fiance got here and I am just now getting back online. He isn't leaving until the end of the month which is why we are delayed in sending our RFE back. Anyway this is a photo of the request we received. As I mentioned the police won't give him his arrest documents in hand and only will send them off but I am not comfortable with that.

Hopefully the court will give him disposition that he needs and we can get a letter from the police that they won't give us their documents. I am a bit worried about it all. Was hoping we could easily get everything and send it away. Now I am worried if the police won't then the court might not either but I guess I just wait and see at this point.

Not worried about the actual approval though as the case was dropped at court. Just getting the documents.

No problem.  Happy Holidays.

That RFE text is exactly the same as the one I received.  Police and Court are separate entities and they will provide docs according to their own standards. 

I did not send any police reports to USCIS and easily got court records which I sent to USCIS.  I also provided a notarization statement detailing the case.  

With those two docs (court records + notarized statement), my RFE passed and I received NOA2.  I'm pretty sure you will be able to get something from the court and with the notarized statement, that should be enough, given my personal experience here. 

10 hours ago, ShibaYuri2428 said:

No problem.  Happy Holidays.

That RFE text is exactly the same as the one I received.  Police and Court are separate entities and they will provide docs according to their own standards. 

I did not send any police reports to USCIS and easily got court records which I sent to USCIS.  I also provided a notarization statement detailing the case.  

With those two docs (court records + notarized statement), my RFE passed and I received NOA2.  I'm pretty sure you will be able to get something from the court and with the notarized statement, that should be enough, given my personal experience here. 

I mentioned the statement to my partner but he’s unsure because it happened over ten years ago and he can’t remember the exact details so he’s a bit worried about it..

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

I mentioned the statement to my partner but he’s unsure because it happened over ten years ago and he can’t remember the exact details so he’s a bit worried about it..

Mine happened over 15 years ago and I had to dig deep into my memory to recall the details as well. 

The best path is to get the court documents and review the results from there.  Then assess how and even if you want to make a notarized statement based on the explicitly known details. 

The USCIS looks at the circumstance and all underlying evidence as a whole when they make a decision, so even if it's just the court docs, that might be okay.  I will say, however, that nearly everyone in this forum who reported getting police/court record requests via RFE provided both the police and court docs and passed (if charge wasn't domestic abuse or a felony). 

I was worried that if I didn't provide the police records, mine wouldn't pass, but that wasn't the case as I think both my court doc and notarized statement fulfilled what they were looking for. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
9 hours ago, GoodGod said:

It's been more than three months since USCIS received our  RFE no NOA2 yet. When I contact USCIS after 60 days I was told to do service request now I am told to wait until they make decision.  We are so stressing out.  Especially seeing people get approved who applied way after us. 

Agreed, it's stressful.  I saw someone else wait 4 months before they got theirs approved.  What was your RFE on? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Took ages but my fiance is back home and got to the court house. The document they gave him has a lot of information including a separate Case Summary which includes Dates of charges/court proceedings,  Then the actual required document that has the Complaint, Indictment, and final disposition. This has everything we need as we are happy. The only thing is we went back to the police and they still won't give us anything.

So our RFE looks like this

1. RFE letter
2. Contents page
3. Case summary
4. Courthouse document including final disposition
5. Signed letter stating that we can not obtain police records

The police have said that they can send them and my fiance is set on letting them do that even though I have told him numerous times they don't take RFE information that comes separately. Will what we have in the above be fine? The case was dismissed anyway..

Want to send it asap! 

Thanks!

Sorry for the double post. I just wanted to add that the police record letter is notorized and we also have a notorized letter detailing the events that happened.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi friends, joining this thread now.

1. We’ve paid a lawyer to process the i129f form for us and he told us that time we should send only 5 photos from our recent meeting.

My question is Can I provide as many pictures or any other proof as I want?

What is the best thing to do in providing the proof of ongoing relationship ? 

2.   And also informed him that Lemon Grove will only be our mailing address. 

What info should we include in response to this. 

Thanks in Advance

ADA4FEDD-08E1-4537-9FA6-F6620578AD66.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 11:06 AM, david221g said:

Quick update- so i went to the SSA today and they accepted my I-94.

Now i need to wait (up to 15 days) for my card.

Thank you all!

22 hours ago, Xarisviolet said:

Hi friends, joining this thread now.

1. We’ve paid a lawyer to process the i129f form for us and he told us that time we should send only 5 photos from our recent meeting.

My question is Can I provide as many pictures or any other proof as I want?

What is the best thing to do in providing the proof of ongoing relationship ? 

2.   And also informed him that Lemon Grove will only be our mailing address. 

What info should we include in response to this. 

Thanks in Advance

ADA4FEDD-08E1-4537-9FA6-F6620578AD66.jpeg

Hi, I am sorry that you have to go through this RFE process. I know how hard frustrating it is.

as for bona fide relationship, we had similar letter in regards to our relationship being genuine.

we provided additional photos with different dates,

some receipts from going out and joint purchases with various dates and from different locations;

airline tickets and boarding passes when we met during the beginning of the relationship,

copy of the receipt for purchasing wedding rings

each of us provided a written statement of how we met and explaining how we decided to get married

updated letter of intent to marry

a written statement from a friend or relative that could prove of our bona fide relationship,

copies of emails to each other

copies of letters with stamps and dates

phone statements

screenshots from WhatsApp chart of out texts and calls logs from different months.

any of the above you can use. make sure you cover as much as they want in the RFE letter.  You also can consult with your attorneys because each case is different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.