Dee & Will

PCC IN INDIA

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I’m applying for a PCC online. I need it for my K1 visa. However, I’ve come across a question that I’m conflicted over the answer. 

“ Purpose for which PCC is required” 

do i state : Immigration purposes other than Citizenship.

or : Long term visit / Stay.

Please help!

Edited by Dee & Will
Additional info

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee & Will said:

I’m applying for a PCC online. I need it for my K1 visa. However, I’ve come across a question that I’m conflicted over the answer. 

Please help!

You are immigrating so your answer is the first one.

*~*~*country-specific question moved to India sub-forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

17 hours ago, Dee & Will said:

Please help!

K1 is an immigration visa. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 8:15 PM, Dee & Will said:

Please help!

Congrats on your approval.

Can you please tell me on how to apply for PCC online. I am in the same boat as you.

Timeline
3 hours ago, AMIT J said:

Congrats on your approval.

Can you please tell me on how to apply for PCC online. I am in the same boat as you.

Thank you. And let me tell you to wait to apply for PCC until you receive your case number. I rushed into it but thankfully you can reschedule/ cancel twice in a year. Anyway, the process is fairly simple just head to https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp  and follow the steps. First you have to register to their website and then just fill the needed information and it will direct you to the payment page. You gotta pay ₹500 and schedule an appointment date. That’s all!

1 minute ago, Dee & Will said:

Thank you. And let me tell you to wait to apply for PCC until you receive your case number. I rushed into it but thankfully you can reschedule/ cancel twice in a year. Anyway, the process is fairly simple just head to https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp  and follow the steps. First you have to register to their website and then just fill the needed information and it will direct you to the payment page. You gotta pay ₹500 and schedule an appointment date. That’s all!

Thanks. Would I get the PCC on the same day of appointment or is there a waiting period after the appointment?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AMIT J said:

Thanks. Would I get the PCC on the same day of appointment or is there a waiting period after the appointment?

Now that is case dependent, I’ve heard that if you don’t require police verification for your residence address you will get it on the same day. However, if you do require police to go and check it can sightly delay the process depending on the police. But all in all it should take under a month. 

Just now, Dee & Will said:

Now that is case dependent, I’ve heard that if you don’t require police verification for your residence address you will get it on the same day. However, if you do require police to go and check it can sightly delay the process depending on the police. But all in all it should take under a month. 

thanks for your help

5 hours ago, AMIT J said:

If ur passport is less than one year old in that case u shall receive ur PCC on same day because it doesn’t require police verification then else it might take like 10-15 days. 

I got it the same day. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, AMIT J said:

Thanks for the update. 

do you have to take any documents with you at the passport office in order to get the PCC?

I actually took self attested xerox copies of all my documents that have my address in em. (Aadhar,voter,passbook, passport front and back pages and a local resident certificate) but to my surprise they didn’t take any of these barely even looked at em. Just took my passport xerox and checked the number and name etc. and then I was sent to another counter (final) out there as well I was asked for no other document other than my passport. And he gave it within 5 mins. The whole process was under 30 minutes. Have you guys scheduled an appointment yet ?

1 minute ago, Dee & Will said:

I actually took self attested xerox copies of all my documents that have my address in em. (Aadhar,voter,passbook, passport front and back pages and a local resident certificate) but to my surprise they didn’t take any of these barely even looked at em. Just took my passport xerox and checked the number and name etc. and then I was sent to another counter (final) out there as well I was asked for no other document other than my passport. And he gave it within 5 mins. The whole process was under 30 minutes. Have you guys scheduled an appointment yet ?

thanks for the information. really appreciate it.

i was actually on the passport website, when I received your update. So taking an appointment now for tomorrow.. :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, AMIT J said:

thanks for the information. really appreciate it.

i was actually on the passport website, when I received your update. So taking an appointment now for tomorrow.. :)

Oh I see. What did you select for purpose for PCC ? :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.