Devy and Lynette

Interview requested WHHYY??

27 posts in this topic

FR8Dog, just a question, ,you said you got you green card without having interview. 

How is that possible? I got an interview for my green card even and it was approved that day. 

Was it a green card through marriage? Because mine was solid and still got to go to an interview with my young child with me. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
37 minutes ago, FrenchKat said:

FR8Dog, just a question, ,you said you got you green card without having interview. 

How is that possible? I got an interview for my green card even and it was approved that day. 

Was it a green card through marriage? Because mine was solid and still got to go to an interview with my young child with me. 

For many who came in as a K-1 (fiancé), interviews were generally waived for I-485 (AOS) because the non-US citizen has already been interviewed overseas when applying for K-1 visa.  Some of these applicants now however face higher chance of being selected for I-751 interview because the US citizen has not yet been interviewed.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:38 PM, FrenchKat said:

Sorry late response but got side tracked.

Yes I came in under K1 and did the AOS. Somehow my file got fast tracked and I got my card in 3 months. Those days 6 to 8 months was the norm. At the time I figured It was my field office who had no interest in talking to us. Norfolk being a major Navy area I'm sure they have a ton of military applications. Or maybe I just got lucky and they happened to pull my file.

We did not really front-load the application. Just some joint financial stuff we had acquired over the months. Somewhere on these pages there was some info that if you had that happen, you were likely to have to appear when your applied for ROC. But I really don't know if that is true or not.

I am from a low fraud country and had known my wife for several years before we got married.

Fr8dog, I appreciate your answer. I am from France, which like ur don’t think it’s a problem getting papers .

been with my hubby for 9 years , married for 4 with 2 kids. Thought it will be fast with 2 kids but still. Waiting 4 my 10 years GC !

applied February 2018 

On 4/15/2019 at 8:59 PM, FrenchKat said:

Fr8dog, I appreciate your answer. I am from France, which like ur don’t think it’s a problem getting papers .

been with my hubby for 9 years , married for 4 with 2 kids. Thought it will be fast with 2 kids but still. Waiting 4 my 10 years GC !

applied February 2018 

Join us in the Feb 2018 forum (if you haven't done so already). California is pretty much done, Vermont is beginning to come in and the transfers to Texas are also being approved.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My wife and stepson had their K1/K2 interview at the US consulate in Guangzhou. It took about 10-15 minutes, I know...I wasn't allowed at the interview, but was in the vicinity enjoying a Starbucks. The three of us had a screwball interview at the DHS Seattle office. Thankfully, I brought every shred of paper that we had accumulated while on our immigration journey. Though I had sent in a copy of my divorce decree with my initial K1 visa application, the immigration official wanted to see it again at the AOS interview. I had the original in a plastic page saver, and a color laser copy for his file. Thankfully, no RFE because we were prepared for the AOS interview. We didn't have an ROC interview, though in retrospect, I would have rather had one, than the seemingly protracted waiting and the RFE for another couple pounds of paper, the infamous marriage bonafides.

Our longest wait was for ROC completion, followed by the K1 process, with the AOC being relatively quick. By the time we were waiting and waiting for the ROC completion, all of us just wanted to be done with the poking and prodding, the hurry-up and wait, that so typifies the immigration process.

YMMV.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Like others have mentioned previously, have originals and copies of what is required when you attend your interview. Always be yourself and it is completely alright to be nervous because strange people are probing into your personal life. However, they have to probe so as to determine eligibility and bona fide marriage status between you and your spouse.

If they ask you questions where 1+1 = red then you know you will be put under scrutiny. Relax, once all your information is legit and you have been truthful during the entire application process, you and our spouse should be fine. ;) 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:19 PM, GBOS said:

For many who came in as a K-1 (fiancé), interviews were generally waived for I-485 (AOS) because the non-US citizen has already been interviewed overseas when applying for K-1 visa.  Some of these applicants now however face higher chance of being selected for I-751 interview because the US citizen has not yet been interviewed.

This is completely correct, we never had had an interview only at the embassy to come over, so i guess we were due for one.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened... 05/09/2017
I-751 Packet Sent.............  08/09/2017
NO1 Dated......................... 08/11/2017

Check Cashed............... 08/13/2017
NO1 Received.................... 08/14/2017
Biometrics Received.........  09/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:21 PM, Devy and Lynette said:

Hi all, any interview experience here, what to look for, how to attend, smile or be serious??  And why do they ask for the same documents that we sent to them already, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Update, so we had the interview in Baltimore, MD went sooo well, we talked to this very professional officer for almost 2 hours, she was intrigued by my husband being from Jamaica, said she had been there, she wants to go back, we thought the interview ended there but it didn't..ha ha  she asked allllllllllllllllll kinds of questions, i mean all kinds, how we met, what was it that attracted to her and him, where are kids, when was the last time we went back, when are we going again, how has he adjusted the US, does he have a job, car, girlfriend, did she pay you to come over here, did he pay you to bring him over here, only asked for a few additional documents copies only, and then interview was finally, i swear we kind of on pins and needles for a while, my husband's lip kept quivering, poor thing!!  But she said we were a great couple, and she will approve us..WOOOHOOO, Sidenote**  she did explain to us that she sees sooooooooooooo many couples that has tried to commit fraud, that's why she grilled us like that, but she was a very nice griller and we told her we appreciate her, she even asked if my husband wanted the stamp in his passport, uuuhhh heck yeah..it''s been a week and a few days now since interview, my husband wants his card like yesterday.!!

Thanks all for advice, we were nervous for absolutely nothing, but heyyyyy you never know.

ROC Timeline

Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)

Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, Amadia said:

Like others have mentioned previously, have originals and copies of what is required when you attend your interview. Always be yourself and it is completely alright to be nervous because strange people are probing into your personal life. However, they have to probe so as to determine eligibility and bona fide marriage status between you and your spouse.

If they ask you questions where 1+1 = red then you know you will be put under scrutiny. Relax, once all your information is legit and you have been truthful during the entire application process, you and our spouse should be fine. ;) 

Thank you, this is exactly to a tee, what we experienced!!! 

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.