A Broken Journey

134 posts in this topic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I am just being honest when I say that not a whole lot makes sense to me right now.

Those words I understand all too well. I have a story, too, from very long ago, but those words bring it all back. I remember the confusion and the furied mix of emotions the incongruity of action to belief brought about. Because I remember all too well what that was like, you have been on my mind all day, too, Jean. Because I remember, I know this will pass for you, you will go on to pick up the pieces, and life will be good again, insha'allah!

God bless you, sis!

Filed: Timeline
Thank you for your words. You can never know how much it means. I have never faced anything like this in my life. I'm numb. I can make no one any promises about anything, not my family, not my friends because nothing makes any sense to me now so I can't even promise myself. One thing I do know, and I can say this with 100% honesty, no one can know the sh*t storm of this until they experience it for themselves. Its so very easy to say dump the b*stard or forget him. He is still, unfortunately, my husband and I still carry his name. There is much more to work through here then just the simple facts. Connie, you have said exactly what I needed to hear. I need to do what is best and God only knows what that is right now for me. My first goal is getting out of bed in the morning, the next step is putting one foot in front of the other with as much intelligence as I can muster, but the pain is always there. I love my husband and I also hate the life I was living with him recently, so there you go. I ask God why he brought all this to me and I pray for the strength to sort it all out. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I just simply don't know anything at all except that this really hurts. I thank you again for allowing me to vent, I thank you for your words, and I pray if anyone else out there is going through this, you step up and do something about it. Hiding bruises is the demeaning part. Lying to your family, friends and coworkers is the demeaning part. Standing up for yourself is NOT the demeaning part. Neither is bearing the bruises in the first place. I know my husband has something in him that goes black and snaps when he gets angry. I know I am the only target for his frustrations. That does NOT make him evil nor does it make any of this my fault. It's just a very unforunate mix of circumstances and that does not make any of it RIGHT. I just know I do not want to live like THIS. God bless you all.

oh give me a break! stop justifying him and your situation. your saying NOTHING we as abused women have faced or felt. you have to wake up and move on. no one can force you to. so what you married him - you want a reward? you wont get it from me. what you can get is some direction on how to get out of the situation you are in. but you have to want it. you want a life where you have to FIGHT your husband?? where you are fearing the man you love? you want a life where he will some day toss you in the Emergency room, and leave you for dead? you want a life where one day he hurts you so bad- you cant even breathe? you think you can change this man? jsut because your his wife? you call going back to him standing up for yourself? no standing up for yourself is moving on.

you can do bad all by yourself - you dont need him to assist you with that.

look at your life before him and this drama. look at how your friends have respected you and some even looked up to you. look at how proud your family was of you before this drama.

now look at yourself NOW..

shon.gif

Filed: Timeline

my bestfriend did not turn on her cell phone on this one day. it was due to the fact at the ticket counter- cell phones must be off or on vibrate. she forgot to turn it on - simple mistake really. she walked into the house. her husband demanded to know why she did not turn the cell phone on. she tried to explain that she forgot. unfortunately for her the door was still opend. he knocked her down 3 flights of stairs. she suffered

broken bones, busted mouth, cracked ribs and black eyes.

she called me while I was at work. I took off and went to her. when I reached the ER I was in utter horror.

my bestfriend is a beautiful lady. she has the most striking green eyes - like grapes and wonderful red hair. - why would a man beat up a precious creature like her :(

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
oh give me a break! stop justifying him and your situation. your saying NOTHING we as abused women have faced or felt. you have to wake up and move on. no one can force you to. so what you married him - you want a reward? you wont get it from me. what you can get is some direction on how to get out of the situation you are in. but you have to want it. you want a life where you have to FIGHT your husband?? where you are fearing the man you love? you want a life where he will some day toss you in the Emergency room, and leave you for dead? you want a life where one day he hurts you so bad- you cant even breathe? you think you can change this man? jsut because your his wife? you call going back to him standing up for yourself? no standing up for yourself is moving on.

look at your life before him and this drama. look at how your friends have respected you and some even looked up to you. look at how proud your family was of you before this drama.

:thumbs:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Wow.

I am so sad to read of such a disturbing turn of events.

Jean... I know you said you didn't want advice.... but in spite of that, you have received some very good advice here, from people who care about you. Some of it may be very hard for you to accept. But it's the hard truth.

There can be no happy future with a man who will hurt you. The marriage has been destroyed, because the trust has been destroyed. No matter how sorry or ashamed that he may be, he has proved to you *without any question* that he WILL cross that line. He can never take away the fear and the doubts his abusive behavior has caused. And given the chance, he will hurt you again and again. Until you are injured very badly, even to the point of death. Or until you finally get the message that he doesn't love you and respect you, and you need to stay far away from this person.

You are a mother. Do not let this be the lesson that you teach your child -- that domestic violence is ok and can be forgiven.

You said you will not be the victim any more. But only you can remove yourself from the position of victim. Stop enabling him to victimize you. Do not help him get out of jail or get a reduced punishment, do not give him any mercy, and most of all do NOT give him the chance to harm you again. It's over. Face the hard truth, cut your losses, and move on.

Thoughts and prayers with you.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jean,

I am soooo heart broken to read this story; you are a most courageous woman for writing it down. I won't offer any advice except to say your safety should come first! I will pray for you both of course, but if you ever need to talk, please feel free to pm me.

Ok I will say this, Mo needs to realize that you could have been his mother, sister, his daughter - you are his wife and this is not acceptable. If he is genuinely hurt by his actions and can't control them, then he should go far away and get some help. God Bless him though, really, because you love him so much. Frankly, I think I'd be the one in jail now for murder - love and all. God Bless you sis.

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thank you for your words. You can never know how much it means. I have never faced anything like this in my life. I'm numb. I can make no one any promises about anything, not my family, not my friends because nothing makes any sense to me now so I can't even promise myself. One thing I do know, and I can say this with 100% honesty, no one can know the sh*t storm of this until they experience it for themselves. Its so very easy to say dump the b*stard or forget him. He is still, unfortunately, my husband and I still carry his name. There is much more to work through here then just the simple facts. Connie, you have said exactly what I needed to hear. I need to do what is best and God only knows what that is right now for me. My first goal is getting out of bed in the morning, the next step is putting one foot in front of the other with as much intelligence as I can muster, but the pain is always there. I love my husband and I also hate the life I was living with him recently, so there you go. I ask God why he brought all this to me and I pray for the strength to sort it all out. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I just simply don't know anything at all except that this really hurts. I thank you again for allowing me to vent, I thank you for your words, and I pray if anyone else out there is going through this, you step up and do something about it. Hiding bruises is the demeaning part. Lying to your family, friends and coworkers is the demeaning part. Standing up for yourself is NOT the demeaning part. Neither is bearing the bruises in the first place. I know my husband has something in him that goes black and snaps when he gets angry. I know I am the only target for his frustrations. That does NOT make him evil nor does it make any of this my fault. It's just a very unforunate mix of circumstances and that does not make any of it RIGHT. I just know I do not want to live like THIS. God bless you all.

This so called DRAMA as some people put it will work itself out, regardless if YOU choose to stay with your husband or not. One thing for sure though, you said he has to want help. Him getting help should be one of the requirements for you to stay with him in my opinion.

If your family and friends respected you and were proud of you before these incidents, I am sure they respect you and are proud of you still. This is not your FAULT. Neither should you be blamed. You love your husband. Does he love you? I am sure you will make the best decision for you.

Sorry (F)

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Happened to come across this thread.

I am also very sorry to read about this, Jean. I'm glad you opened up. I can't imagine the pain, after waiting through such a long visa process to be together, and then things are not happily ever after, and worse, the person you trusted hurts you physically and emotionally. It's just not right, and you don't deserve it.

You've gotten a lot of good advice, and also I'll say again that it's not your fault. Praying for you, and for you to be able to have a good life again, on your own, realizing that you do not deserve this kind of treatment.

*hugs*

Christina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately so many ppl in our situations end up with an ending similar to yours in one way or another. I will speak from experience that my marriage is nothing like I dreamed. I know many girls from VJ who got hurt by their loved ones after they arrived here. The best thing they could have done was get as far away from that person as humanly possible. Some of them got deported and some moved states away. One of my best friends that this happened to...she had a similar thought as you. "I still carry his last name". She told me that on a daily basis. She finally divorced him and regained her maiden name and has never been happier. I'm not saying that this is what you need to do. This is just what my friends have done.

We have tried many times to talk about the "not so good" side to this process. When it isn't quite what we thought it would be. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sure it will help another one of us in the future.

#1 thing to remember is that you did the right thing 100%. Never blame yourself for what he did to you. My first husband beat me on a daily basis and I always thought it was my fault. That was until he threw my 6 month old son accross a room into a wall. IT WASN'T MY FAULT JUST AS IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

If you need to vent, talk, cry, ANYTHING...please get ahold of me. I will do anything I can to help you deal with this.

May God help you find the right path to a happier and brighter future.

We love ya!!

(F) amal (F)

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Family and friends lose respect for people who return to abusers, simple as that. They don't stop loving you, but they do stop helping you and saving you from an abuser if you choose to go back. The women here who have been in this situation can attest to that, and the millions more in this country for whom DV is a reality.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

People I know that have gone through this experience or worse has had the support of family and friends until the very end!!!

Edited by i adore you

No one will ever think you wanted this or asked for it, no one will ever think you didn't love him because of this, and no one will ever accuse you of doing this to him-- because none of that is true. But you do need to stick with this decision. After he either kills you or moves on, he will continue this. If you cannot do this for yourself, do it for other women. You can have him sent back I am fairly sure... use the current difficulties in immigration to your best advantage. Then, unlike American women with American abusers you can rest a bit easier, knowing you sent him back where he was happy but also? Where he is FAR, FAR away from you. This will not go away. And in the end, this will take you months and months to put behind you, maybe longer than the process took itself, maybe longer than you knew him for... but you will feel better during this time eventually, and you will learn to put it behind you. You won't feel like this forever.

Well said.

(F) Jean.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.