Together4ever

A Broken Journey

134 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can't freakin' believe I'm saying this but I agree with Sarah on this one. :blink:

I also think that although we all love you, this may not be the right place to recruit advice on this particular situation. I'm not saying that 'cause it's a visa forum obviously since other issues do come up that we can all help on but I just really believe that you need professional help right now. I also think that taking a Leave of Absence and checking in somewhere might not be a bad idea, but then that is only my experience talking. No I did not have an abusive husband but I did have a very abusive family member, albeit not physical abuse.

I hope you get the help that you need, hon. (F)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Consider it part of my healing. I really don't want advice. I've already heard it all. It all just makes an ugly smelly mud between my ears that keeps me awake at night.

Just to reiterate, see above. I needed to post this because I don't want to feel I have anything to hide. I wish all of you only the best of life.

Edited by Together4ever

Sarah, did you read my post AFTER that post? I was not condoning Jean to stay. In the post you quoted me from, my point was that not EVERY woman leaves.I certainly was not telling her to stay with her husband if she is in danger. I'm glad the rest of my friends here knew what I meant, and I'm sorry I wasted 2 minutes from my morning explaining it to you. I can assure you it won't happen again.

Jackie (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:thumbs: yep best wishes

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

I want to make one final post then I'll just fade into the woodwork. This morning for the first time I put on a lovely short sleeved shirt, exposing the colorful blotches on my arms, and came to work. I drew a smiley face on one of the bruises and realized God has tapped me on the shoulder and given me a wonderful opportunity to recreate myself. It made me smile. Yes, I love my husband. That makes me smile too. It doesn't mean what he did is excusable and I don't know really know if he will be with me again or not. I have today. I have on short sleeves with no regret or shame, I have a smiley face on my left arm and a smile on my face and a hope in my heart and THAT is what will get me through this whether I return to him or send him packing.

You can think I'm crazy, but the American Indians held a belief that the Great Spirit would leave tokens and reminders of things to come, sometimes in the form of an animal appearing unexpectedly, a face in the clouds, a sudden breeze. Yesterday morning I had to leave to work early. I vomitted twice and felt so unbelievably tired. As I was walking to my car, a white feather fell at my feet. I said, "Thank you, God." I went home, slept 6 hours, spent the evening watching tv with my teenaged son and woke up this morning with hope that whatever the future brings, it will be ok.

You are in denial. I really hope you get the help you need.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I want to make one final post then I'll just fade into the woodwork. This morning for the first time I put on a lovely short sleeved shirt, exposing the colorful blotches on my arms, and came to work. I drew a smiley face on one of the bruises and realized God has tapped me on the shoulder and given me a wonderful opportunity to recreate myself. It made me smile. Yes, I love my husband. That makes me smile too. It doesn't mean what he did is excusable and I don't know really know if he will be with me again or not. I have today. I have on short sleeves with no regret or shame, I have a smiley face on my left arm and a smile on my face and a hope in my heart and THAT is what will get me through this whether I return to him or send him packing.

You can think I'm crazy, but the American Indians held a belief that the Great Spirit would leave tokens and reminders of things to come, sometimes in the form of an animal appearing unexpectedly, a face in the clouds, a sudden breeze. Yesterday morning I had to leave to work early. I vomitted twice and felt so unbelievably tired. As I was walking to my car, a white feather fell at my feet. I said, "Thank you, God." I went home, slept 6 hours, spent the evening watching tv with my teenaged son and woke up this morning with hope that whatever the future brings, it will be ok.

You are in denial. I really hope you get the help you need.

You rock, thanks for keeping it real, Deeshla... I think a lot of people in this forum are in denial - and it ain't no river! :thumbs:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm a lurker here and rarely ever post. But I think that you need to seriously step back and look at this relationship that you have. Deep down inside, you know that you posted because you know that you are in over your head. Please run, don't walk, to people that can help you. I know that it's embarrassing to admit that you made a mistake by getting involved with this man, but the embarrassment is nothing compared to what he has already done to you and WILL do in the future.

I'm a lurker here and rarely ever post. But I think that you need to seriously step back and look at this relationship that you have. Deep down inside, you know that you posted because you know that you are in over your head. Please run, don't walk, to people that can help you. I know that it's embarrassing to admit that you made a mistake by getting involved with this man, but the embarrassment is nothing compared to what he has already done to you and WILL do in the future.

I am embarassed of nothing. I have nothing to explain or justify to the people here who feel they own my reality and know my mind. I have requested this closed so the harpies can go feed on someone else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am embarassed of nothing. I have nothing to explain or justify to the people here who feel they own my reality and know my mind. I have requested this closed so the harpies can go feed on someone else.

I assure you, Jean, no one here feels they "own" your reality... everyone is concerned for your welfare. But, yes, this thread is probably best closed since it is such a HOT topic. Too bad, tho.... I really do hope you get the help you need and make the best decisions for your future.

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

You need to get out and get out now....... I lived with my ex for 15 years and yes I wore my bruises with smiles too... the beatings became a regular thing and I got very good at appearing happy and full of life, but with every blow that struck me a little bit more was dying inside....

It all ended the day my ex took a baseball bat to me and if it was not for my 13 year old son going to a phonebox and calling the police I would have been dead.... I spent 3 months in hospital (6 weeks in ICU) 12 lots of surgery to fix metal rods to my legs and hips and 100's of hours of physical therapy just to get me on my feet...

That was in 1994.... I am still having surgey to fix things in my legs and I know that I will be in a wheelchair in the future....

So please please dont kid yourself.... if he has beat you once he WILL do it again.... get out and stay out....

Kez

I want to make one more comment...what about the toll this takes on your children? My mother and aunts are grown children to a man who beat his wife (their mother), they still talk about it and hurt from it to this day and their father has been dead for 30+ yrs. My husband's father beat his mother. When you first posted this thread I discussed it with my husband. He told me that wife beating is somewhat common in Egypt. He then told me of the time his father beat his mother when he was 9 yrs old. This particular beating was very bad and she ended up bed ridden for a month. My husband had tears in his eyes relaying this story. It affects the children long after the bruises are healed and the children are grown.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

This topic has been closed per the request of the original poster. Thank you for your understanding.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.