Together4ever

A Broken Journey

134 posts in this topic

I am very pleased to see your spirit isn't broken and that you are able to speak of what has happend to you. It is the first step to healing. You are going to experience so many different emotions please allow yourself to feel them and move through them. Healing is a feeling process and it does take time, I wish this healing Journey you are now on will be a fest one. You have a support systmen here in place and many who honestly care about you as a person. We are here to help others as we become friends.

“Now the great thing is this: we are consecrated and dedicated to God in order that we may thereafter think, speak, meditate, and do, nothing except to his glory. For a sacred thing may not be applied to profane uses without marked injury to him.”

—John Calvin

I have been in a abusive marriage and abusive relationships, for me using the 12 steps or Recovery is what help me, not sure if it will help you or if your willing to try it. If you would like information please let me know I will give you or anyone else the information. See the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous can be used for many different things not just alcohol. It can be used for people, places, things, situations and activities.

The main thing to remeber is you don't have to do this alone!

May God be present in all of your thoughts and decisions.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this. I also think you did the right thing! I know you feel guilty for putting someone you loved in jail, but what about what he's done to you? Its time to think about yourself. Protect yourself. And NEVER take abuse from anyone. Hchouma on him...

We're all here for you!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jean one more thing....I would look for a battered or abused wives group in your area. Being in a group setting with others who understand what you are going through can be very therapeutic and they can be your "real life" support system. It will also help you heal since they will tell you the stages that you will go through and what to expect. (F)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I read your story shortly after you posted it and two more times since then. I've thought about you all day and what you are going through. I've never been in your situation before so I can only vaguely imagine what you must be going through. Since I've never experienced anything like what you are going through, I won't give you any advice.....you asked for none anyway.

I do want to say this though.....I admire and respect your courage. You are an example and inspiration to all who have been where you are and also those of us who have not. You will be in my thoughts and my prayers as you face so many difficult decisions and whatever your decisions are, whether I agree or disagree, they are your decisions and I stand behind you 100%.

May God Bless You.

Connie

Timeline
I do want to say this though.....I admire and respect your courage. You are an example and inspiration to all who have been where you are and also those of us who have not. You will be in my thoughts and my prayers as you face so many difficult decisions and whatever your decisions are, whether I agree or disagree, they are your decisions and I stand behind you 100%.

May God Bless You.

Connie

I've read this over and over, and I just have to add that *I **do not** support any decision that involves you going back to him or bailing his azz out of jail. :no: Sorry, just had to say it - and you know I love you Jean. :yes:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

I have been in an abusive relationship..and it is really a good thing that you cant get him out. If you had the means you probably would..I did and it doesnt change, your just walking on eggshells waiting on the next time. Just posting this here shows what strength you have..you will need that , the bruises fade...inside takes longer. But it can be done, you have my support and my prayers..stay strong and know that you did the right thing.

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

Timeline

Jean....I'm saying that I may not support or agree with your decision, but I'll not criticize you no matter what your decision is. I don't believe that's what you want or need right now. I believe in standing behind a friend in time of trouble. I nor anyone else can make any decisions for you. We can just pray that God will lead you to the right decision.

Connie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Jean, I am so sorry you are going through this. I'm very shocked and saddened for you. I know you're going through a whirlwind right now, but please, don't feel guilty for calling the police. He did this to himself the second he hit you. You need to protect yourself and your children. Moh has made his bed. Let him face the consequences. There is never an excuse to resort to violence, especially not against someone you've pledged your life to support, honor, and protect.

Good luck, and we are all here rooting for you.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

I'm sorry to hear about you gettign hurt...But you've found your solution: the police. Give yourself a little more time, cry your heart out. Then get up and restart your life! Next time, learn to love yourself than you do other. Close your door forever for "da...ba..rd"

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for your words. You can never know how much it means. I have never faced anything like this in my life. I'm numb. I can make no one any promises about anything, not my family, not my friends because nothing makes any sense to me now so I can't even promise myself. One thing I do know, and I can say this with 100% honesty, no one can know the sh*t storm of this until they experience it for themselves. Its so very easy to say dump the b*stard or forget him. He is still, unfortunately, my husband and I still carry his name. There is much more to work through here then just the simple facts. Connie, you have said exactly what I needed to hear. I need to do what is best and God only knows what that is right now for me. My first goal is getting out of bed in the morning, the next step is putting one foot in front of the other with as much intelligence as I can muster, but the pain is always there. I love my husband and I also hate the life I was living with him recently, so there you go. I ask God why he brought all this to me and I pray for the strength to sort it all out. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I just simply don't know anything at all except that this really hurts. I thank you again for allowing me to vent, I thank you for your words, and I pray if anyone else out there is going through this, you step up and do something about it. Hiding bruises is the demeaning part. Lying to your family, friends and coworkers is the demeaning part. Standing up for yourself is NOT the demeaning part. Neither is bearing the bruises in the first place. I know my husband has something in him that goes black and snaps when he gets angry. I know I am the only target for his frustrations. That does NOT make him evil nor does it make any of this my fault. It's just a very unforunate mix of circumstances and that does not make any of it RIGHT. I just know I do not want to live like THIS. God bless you all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

(F) My prayers are going up for you in your situation right now, that He will give you the courage and the wisdom to make the right decisions for every day. Every day will bring a new set of circumstances and hurdles to face and I pray that you will have the fortitude and strength to face every coming day through this painful and difficult time. I have walked in your shoes and know it can be done, although not without much suffering.

I am so glad that you took the courage to share this story here with us and you are in all my prayers for protection and strength and guidance.

(F) Becky

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

AMEN! There is only one thing here, we soften as we look back at the love. The only problem, once they hit, they keep hitting, I can tell you this from personal experience. You can do the world for them, but the inside anger is in them from God knows when. The only thing that will help them is therapy and it takes a verrrrrrrrrrrry long time. Even then, the one time position you once knew, is and will not be the same. Now if you can convince him to get help, not from you, but from a professional, maybe there is a chance. I hate to sound blunt, but I can't help reading what you wrote and seeing the forgiveness in your words. It's okay to forgive, but the forgiveness that you give immediately will not be the true forgiveness for it will take you a very long time to get this out of your system. Your life is your choice, but to walk on eggshells, to duck because you are afraid he will explode and hit you again, is a life of hell! Been there! The more you take, the more you will need to release and one never knows when we've released for good. Once you hit the plateau where you feel free and secure again, you will forgive him, even if it is silently said. Until you retrieve your soul back to you, the decisions are iffy! Good luck! Really, I am praying for the two of you. What you went through to get him here, the times you spend with him in Egypt, it's very hard right now for you. You will think of this and the good times over and over to wash the negative he's done to you. To me, a man is not a man if he uses his fist, but a raging tyrant. IF it helps any, think of other countries who have taken beatings and rapes under tyrant forces. Not to sound extreme, but a beating is a beating, even if it's a slap across the face.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jean, I was just reading all of this. I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through!

I've spent so many years with my ex who'd snap out of nowhere, just once in a while... He could be soooooooooooo sweet... if he wanted to. But as time went by he wanted to be sweet less and less! I had to suffer so much and I was here all by myself, nobody else to turn to - no family or anyone.... It wasn't very often but...

When I finally left him only one of my kids followed me due to the brainwashing from the now officially 'evil' ex. Well, not even 'evil' - he's just a little off mentally. Not enough for a hospital, but enough to make people believe that they're crazy, not him.

I know you put so much into getting your Moh over here! I know (or can imagine pretty well) what you're thinking about now. I know that what girls wrote here is TRUE and their advice is basically the same. I have to agree with it as much as it hurts me to say this!

May God give you strength, wisdom, health and whatever else you need to put this all behind you! Please stay safe and PM me if you need anything! Hope I can help you somehow!

(((hugs)))

T

Edited by Visa4habibi!

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Timeline

Please don't misunderstand understanding for forgiveness. I am ANGRY as hell and will have a very hard time forgiving a lot that has transpired. Understanding the why's does not make them "ok". It just is what it is. Yes, he'll do it again. I am not the type to cry "but I love him" and take him back. If I ever see him again it will be for my own closure and not to believe for a moment anything can ever be the same. I am just being honest when I say that not a whole lot makes sense to me right now. Therefore I am having a hard time knowing exactly what it is I need to do.

My prayer for HIM is that he gets help. He cried and told me he hates the way he is. That pain too is real. But he has to WANT help. There is absolutely nothing I can do for him. As he says, it is his "sick".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Jean, I am so sorry this has happened to you. I cant even imagine what you have been through. I cried when I read your story and I knew how hard it was for you to write it. I agree, Mo needs help and I hope he can get it. I am praying for you. And Mo. Take care

Meriem.

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.