17 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our petitioner was unable to complete the affidavit of support in time for our interview (scheduled April 10). We have to reschedule our interview and seems that there are no available slots. How long does it usually for the reschedule for us immigrant visa (from the Philippines) to happen?

We are worried that the results of our medical will expire. Also, we have a 20 year old derivative with us, which makes this time-sensitive as the derivative will be turning 21 by August.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know about the interview but the affidavit of support is like 6 pages long. It takes maybe 15 minutes to fill out....your petitioner can't fill out a couple pages after you waited years and years for an interview??

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 6:05 PM, EandH0904 said:

I don't know about the interview but the affidavit of support is like 6 pages long. It takes maybe 15 minutes to fill out....your petitioner can't fill out a couple pages after you waited years and years for an interview??

The guy's a busy dude! But, one more issue is the courier service and how long it will take to reach PH.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Attend the interview and just send the AOS later on. Surely you'll get a 221g for that. 

Use FedEx, DHL, or UPS. Never use USPS.

Edited by apple21
Edit

On 4/8/2019 at 1:43 AM, sinokamoito said:

Our petitioner was unable to complete the affidavit of support in time for our interview (scheduled April 10). We have to reschedule our interview and seems that there are no available slots. How long does it usually for the reschedule for us immigrant visa (from the Philippines) to happen?

We are worried that the results of our medical will expire. Also, we have a 20 year old derivative with us, which makes this time-sensitive as the derivative will be turning 21 by August.

Anyone have a similar experience?

How long did approval of the petition take? The derivative may very well be protected by CSPA for a while yet.

Edited by SusieQQQ

4 minutes ago, apple21 said:

Attend the interview and just send the AOS later on. Surely you'll get a 221g for that. 

Use FedEx, DHL, or UPS. Never use USPS.

Actually I’d agree with this, it will also help protect the derivative as the “seek to acquire visa” will have been fulfilled,

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I have similar situation. We got interviewed last March 25, and then we got 221g for additional support papers. We submitted the required documents on April 1. Then they US Embassy sent back our passport with 221g form stating to repeat medical exam because it will expire on may 6. Unfortunately my mom needs to do a sputum test again so we need 2 months for the result. Sadly, my brother will turn 21 on June 4. We are worried he cannot come with my parents once they received the visa. 🙁

Any insights if he could still be eligible? Thank you in advance for your inputs.

Edited by alytan

10 hours ago, alytan said:

Hi! I have similar situation. We got interviewed last March 25, and then we got 221g for additional support papers. We submitted the required documents on April 1. Then they US Embassy sent back our passport with 221g form stating to repeat medical exam because it will expire on may 6. Unfortunately my mom needs to do a sputum test again so we need 2 months for the result. Sadly, my brother will turn 21 on June 4. We are worried he cannot come with my parents once they received the visa. 🙁

Any insights if he could still be eligible? Thank you in advance for your inputs.

Your brother will likely still be included in the petition under CSPA.  As long as your brother's CSPA age is under 21, he should be good!

To calculate his CSPA age, subtract the time it took USCIS to approve the case from his actual age.  Or reply back with your PD date, approval date and brother's birthday.

My cousins who are 27 years and 26 years old both were included in my uncle's interview last week and everyone had their visas approved.  Just waiting now for their passports to be stamped and mailed!

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Almondmilk said:

Your brother will likely still be included in the petition under CSPA.  As long as your brother's CSPA age is under 21, he should be good!

To calculate his CSPA age, subtract the time it took USCIS to approve the case from his actual age.  Or reply back with your PD date, approval date and brother's birthday.

My cousins who are 27 years and 26 years old both were included in my uncle's interview last week and everyone had their visas approved.  Just waiting now for their passports to be stamped and mailed!

PD: June 15, 1995

Birthday: June 4, 1998

Approval date: September 11, 1995

Lucky for them. I’m 27 yrs old, but the consul said i aged out.

thank you for you response! Still confused with the CSPA so I dont know if he will be included or not.

7 minutes ago, alytan said:

thank you for you response! Still confused with the CSPA so I dont know if he will be included or not.

Hm, I’m also confused as he was born after both PD and approval dates. Don’t know if you can subtract anything. When was the PD current?

you aged out because there was only a few months between PD and approval date, so your. CSPA age is very close to your actual age. For some people that difference is years rather than months.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Hm, I’m also confused as he was born after both PD and approval dates. Don’t know if you can subtract anything. When was the PD current?

you aged out because there was only a few months between PD and approval date, so your. CSPA age is very close to your actual age. For some people that difference is years rather than months.

He was born before the PD and AP. It was current last Nov 2018. Im not sure if the approval date is correct where can I check it online?

2 hours ago, alytan said:

He was born before the PD and AP. It was current last Nov 2018. Im not sure if the approval date is correct where can I check it online?

Huh? You said :

Approval date: September 11, 1995

1998 comes after 1995. Is one of those years wrong?

5 hours ago, alytan said:

Oh I'm sorry if he was born after the Priority and Approval date, I'm not sure if CSPA will apply to him :(

Can you recheck these dates?

Priority Date:

Approval Date:

Brother's Birthday:

Your Birthday:

I would honestly get a lawyer involved since he's so close to the deadline!  You can send an email to NVCExpedite@state.gov to expedite the interview scheduling.  Explain how your brother will age out of the petition on June 4th and if they could schedule an interview in May? 

Yes my cousins were very lucky since we had such a long approval time, almost 6.5 years!

5 hours ago, alytan said:

If you know your USCIS Receipt Number, you can find your approval date here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/

Or call the NVC and ask them for your approval date.  For verification purposes, the NVC rep will need your nvc case number, applicant's name and birthday.  Sometimes they will also ask to verify the petitioner's name and birthday.

Timeline
6 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Huh? You said :

Approval date: September 11, 1995

1998 comes after 1995. Is one of those years wrong?

Oops sorry my mistake. Yes he is born after the PD and Approval Dates. He is still not born when they have applied for the petition.

I cannot find the receipt number I cannot double check about the approval date, but that’s what my mom gave me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.