Marco green

Fiancee work as nurse in Saudi Arabia getting ready for her interview in Manila

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She just got done paying the visa fee to BPI Bank. So now she's going to get her appointment time. We are already aware of the medical at St Luke's but my question is, her requirements indicate that she has to have a background investigation in every place that she's lived in the past 5 years. 2 of those 5 years she was a nurse in Saudi Arabia. She is back now and we also discovered that the agency in Manila that hired her to be a nurse in Saudi Arabia didn't have the proper licensing and so on paper it looks like she was just a domestic helper even though she's a registered nurse. Having said all of that, she's worried that they will want some kind of background information during the two years of her stay at Saudi Arabia. If that's true we don't even know how she would get that. I don't think it's going to be relevant because she just went through an agency and work there and came back I think they're more concerned about her criminal background here in the Philippines. If you think this could cause a problem let me know in the comments and many thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Marco green said:

She just got done paying the visa fee to BPI Bank. So now she's going to get her appointment time. We are already aware of the medical at St Luke's but my question is, her requirements indicate that she has to have a background investigation in every place that she's lived in the past 5 years. 2 of those 5 years she was a nurse in Saudi Arabia. She is back now and we also discovered that the agency in Manila that hired her to be a nurse in Saudi Arabia didn't have the proper licensing and so on paper it looks like she was just a domestic helper even though she's a registered nurse. Having said all of that, she's worried that they will want some kind of background information during the two years of her stay at Saudi Arabia. If that's true we don't even know how she would get that. I don't think it's going to be relevant because she just went through an agency and work there and came back I think they're more concerned about her criminal background here in the Philippines. If you think this could cause a problem let me know in the comments and many thanks.

Police clearance is required from any foreign country where the beneficiary lived for 1 year or more (no matter how many years ago):

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/SaudiArabia.html

Embassy checklist:  (step 5 is the checklist, complete all 5 steps)

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

More helpful info:

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 minutes ago, Marco green said:

Required for all countries where you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16 and any country where you have been arrested, even if you were not resident there.  U.S. police certificates are not required.  Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable or are obtained directly by your Embassy (rarely does your embassy execute this step).  Fingerprints are required for certain countries. A list of UK police stations who can provide fingerprinting services is available from the Embassy website, here. (PDF – 337kb) Foreign police certificates are valid indefinitely, unless you have returned to reside in that country or has been arrested since the issuance of the certificate.

You go here to get the certificate if it is available

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Once you land on the page, review the left column and select the first letter of the country you want to access. Then select your country and once you land on the page for the country your looking for scroll down a bit and find "Police, Court, Prison Records" tab and select it. First thing you want to know is if you are not physically in the country to request your PCC will they provide one. If they don't provide one because of the requirement that you have to be personally in the country then you will not need one from that country. Take a screen shot and print the page off to bring with your to the interview. Most CO's know which country's you can get a PCC from without to much trouble. In the event the CO does not know this for one of your country's you can offer the screen shot in your defense.

And but least

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Police clearance is required from any foreign country where the beneficiary lived for 1 year or more (no matter how many years )

Ummm.  For a k-1 it is 6 months not 1 year 

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Ummm.  For a k-1 it is 6 months not 1 year 

You are correct.  My :oops:    I was thinking immigrant visa for some odd reason ... I will blame it on being Sunday and raining. :) 

Neither here nor there .. for the OP it is required.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Saudia Arabia only gives PCCs if you are living there, not available from outside the country so you can't get one and the DOS knows this.  Here is a similar thread.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Saudia Arabia only gives PCCs if you are living there, not available from outside the country so you can't get one and the DOS knows this.  Here is a similar thread.

Good catch!    Thanks.    I am having a heck of a Sunday ... :lol:  

Registration Criteria: Police clearances are available for Saudi citizens and resident third country nationals. Saudi citizens currently residing overseas must return in person to process the police clearance.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, carmel34 said:

I am glad you said something or else I would have brought that up to @Hank. You can only get a PCC from KSA if you already in that country. 

@Marco green so your fiance will be fine and there is no to worry at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.