Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Received an RFE today… Not because I didn’t send enough evidence when I filed my I-751, but because “your case has been pending since August 2021 and we need to see evidence of a continued marital union”.

Really, USCIS??? Tell me; why has my case been pending for almost 2 years? I am beyond frustrated.. Just assembled ANOTHER packet, ready to be sent out. USCIS, you suck!!! 🤬

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

7 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

Received an RFE today… Not because I didn’t send enough evidence when I filed my I-751, but because “your case has been pending since August 2021 and we need to see evidence of a continued marital union”.

Really, USCIS??? Tell me; why has my case been pending for almost 2 years? I am beyond frustrated.. Just assembled ANOTHER packet, ready to be sent out. USCIS, you suck!!! 🤬

that’s beyond frustrating. I’m sorry. I can kind of understand though, since it’s been almost 2 years. After that you’ll be approved i assume without interview :) 

phew so they’re working on august 2021? 
I filed February 2022. Jesus mine might take another 1 then :( 

9 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

did it came with the mail or does your case status online say that? I always wondered how a RFE looks like lol 

so they do tell you what else they need?

23 minutes ago, cocoVA said:

did it came with the mail or does your case status online say that? I always wondered how a RFE looks like lol 

so they do tell you what else they need?

No email notification or update on my online account, just a letter. The same thing happened when I received my biometrics letter in November 2022. After doing the biometrics, they did add that to my account (“fingerprints taken”). 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

28 minutes ago, cocoVA said:

that’s beyond frustrating. I’m sorry. I can kind of understand though, since it’s been almost 2 years. After that you’ll be approved i assume without interview :) 

phew so they’re working on august 2021? 
I filed February 2022. Jesus mine might take another 1 then :( 

It is completely random I think. They are now processing and approving I-751’s that were filed 3 months ago as well, it’s a disgrace! 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

1 hour ago, Daphne . said:

This is insane.  I am just glad you got SOME movement.  Just discouraging.  Hopefully, you will get a quick turnaround and you will get approval very soon!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

5 hours ago, Daphne . said:

if it makes you feel any better, I filed in October 2019 and received an RFE earlier this year as well asking for evidence from date of marriage till now lol

Good news is, it seems approval is fast if you send in what was requested. This was my timeline after the RFE:

• 03-27-2023:  USCIS Requested additional evidence "as it has been several years since you've submitted this petition" 
  • 05-13-2023:  Sent RFE response via USPS certified Priority mail
  • 05-17-2023:  USCIS received RFE packet
  • 05-19-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “New Card is Being Produced" 
  • 05-22-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Case Was Approved" 
  • 05-24-2023:  USCIS case status updated to reflect new Green Card was mailed
  • 05-25-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" 

NVC Process Guide for UK:  NVC Process (timelines, numbers, documents, steps)  

_______________________________________________________________________________________

TIMELINE (CR1 Spouse Visa)
USCIS Phase (Married in England September 3, 2016!)
Spoiler
  • 09-22-2016:  I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (USPS Priority)
  • 09-25-2016:  USPS Priority delivery confirmation
  • 09-26-2016:  Priority date assigned (USC Spouse)
  • 09-28-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Email/Text received, check cashed; case sent to Nebraska Service Center
  • 10-03-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 02-15-2017:  Case transferred to Texas Service Center
  • 03-16-2017:  NOA2 Approval Date
  • 03-22-2017:  USCIS sent case to NVC, Case Status changed to "We sent your case to the Department of State for visa processing"
  • 03-23-2017:  NOA2 Harcdopy received

NVC Phase

Spoiler
  • 03-30-2017:  Case Received By NVC
  • 04-04-2017:  Case # and IIN Assigned (called NVC to confirm)
  • 04-05-2017:  DS-261 unlocked & completed, called NVC and reviewed over the phone (IV fee will unlock after a week)
  • 04-06-2017:  Received NVC Welcome Letter via Email, AOS Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-07-2017:  Called NVC again and rep stated DS 261 was not actually reviewed.  Re-reviewed DS-261
  • 04-11-2017:  Welcome Letter email received, IV Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-13-2017:  DS-260 unlocked
  • 04-14-2017:  DS-260 submitted
  • 04-30-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents sent via Fedex Priority Overnight (sent Sunday, to be delivered Tuesday)
  • 05-02-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents delivered to NVC
  • 05-04-2017:  Document Scan Date
  • 06-28-2017:  Checklist for Court Records (even though beneficiary has never been to court); escalated to Supervisor who requested case files
  • 07-03-2017:  CASE COMPLETE!!!  Called NVC on July 5 and representative confirmed status
  • 07-11-2017:  Case Complete email confirmation received
  • 07-13-2017:  NVC rep confirmed Interview Date assigned
  • 07-14-2017:  Email confirmation of Interview
  • 07-20-2017:  11 Week (77 day) expected Case Complete from Scan Date (5/4/2017)
  • 07-21-2017:  Appointment with General Practitioner to get all required shots and medical history
  • 08-01-2017,   1:10PM:  Immigration medical with Knighstbridge Doctors in London
  • 08-11-2017:  Medical files received by Consulate
  • 08-16-2017, 12:30PM:  Interview in London!!
  • 08-17-2017:  Visa status changed to Administrative Processing, then several hours later to "Issued"
  • 08-22-2017:  Passport with Visa delivered (paid for home delivery); paid immigration fee and added case to MyUSCIS for alerts
  • 11-18-2017:  Point of Entry at JFK in NYC!!! 

TIMELINE (I-751 Removal of Conditions for Spouse)
USCIS Phase 
Spoiler
  • 10-08-2019:  I-751 Mailed to Dallas USCIS PO Box (USPS Flat Rate Box)
  • 10-11-2019:  USPS delivery confirmation
  • 10-16-2019:  Text received confirming receipt number; case found in MyUSCIS system several hours later
  • 10-17-2019:  Check cashed by USCIS
  • 10-21-2019:  I-797 NOA received (Notice Date: 10/16) of acceptance
  • 11-01-2019:  I-797C NOA received (Notice Date: 10/25) for Biometrics appointment
  • 11-12-2019:  Biometrics completed
  • 11-13-2019:  Case status changed to “Fingerprint Review Was Completed”
  • 12-24-2019:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-27-2020:  Case status changed to “Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview”
  • 04-22-2021:  Infopass appointment scheduled and extension stamp provided
  • 07-12-2021:  Inquiry submitted to USCIS for case beyond normal processing times (reply expected by 8/3)
  • 03-09-2022:  Received email response to inquiry from 7/12/22 restating status with no updates provided
  • 09-16-2022:  Inquiry submitted to USCIS for case beyond normal processing times
  • 10-17-2022:  Requested assistance from local Congressman
  • 11-28-2022:  Congressman's office received USCIS statement that "application has been identified as a potential interview waiver application"
  • 03-27-2023:  USCIS Requested additional evidence "as it has been several years since you've submitted this petition" 
  • 05-13-2023:  Sent RFE response via USPS certified Priority mail
  • 05-17-2023:  USCIS received RFE packet
  • 05-19-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “New Card is Being Produced" 
  • 05-22-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Case Was Approved" 
  • 05-24-2023:  USCIS case status updated to reflect new Green Card was mailed
  • 05-25-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Daphne . said:

WTH????   Are you kidding me?  I guess that is a signal that you won't have an interview.  Hopefully, they will quickly approve after this.  However, they should have approved your case based on the evidence you already sent!   USCIS is beyond belief!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

33 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

WTH????   Are you kidding me?  I guess that is a signal that you won't have an interview.  Hopefully, they will quickly approve after this.  However, they should have approved your case based on the evidence you already sent!   USCIS is beyond belief!!!

Right?? I mean, come on… The thing that is kind of weird is that I have to send my RFE packet to the Fresno, CA field office. That doesn’t make sense to me, I am in MN. What are your thoughts on that? 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

Right?? I mean, come on… The thing that is kind of weird is that I have to send my RFE packet to the Fresno, CA field office. That doesn’t make sense to me, I am in MN. What are your thoughts on that? 

Interesting.  It could indicate that USCIS is balancing the workload between local offices (Maybe your Service Center needs a local office to confirm the approval).  I would also say that could be seen as a logical indication that a quick approval is coming....... but, then, it could be another indicator of the incompetence we have all come to expect.    I will certainly look forward to your updates.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share an update on my case and some insight.

I applied with a divorce waiver in Aug 2021 (with a pending divorce).  Once my divorce was finalized (July 20233) I tried to be pro-active and send in the official decree with the expectation of further scrutiny.  Well, I’ve just received a notification that my case has been approved today without an interview!  I know this isn’t the end of my journey with N-400 soon, but I hope it should be a little more streamlined moving forward.

I also wanted to share and somewhat reflect on this ordeal.

This process definitely took a toll on my mental health, to the point where it felt like it was deciding factor that pushed me over the edge.  Pairing this in my case with my divorce turned out to be a nightmare.  The feelings and frustration that you feel on this journey are real, and valid.

What we go through on this immigration journey is undeniably tough, stressful, and we’re expected to brunt through it and deal with it.  Although I am not active on here, I often browse through to relate to other’s situations and to vent at some of these issues, often stumbling across you @Crazy Cat with your seemingly endless knowledge about all matters!

But there IS and end, there is light at the end of the tunnel AND it’s worth it :)

I hope everyone’s packets get pushed through ASAP!!  Stay strong 💪🏼 

6 minutes ago, daboy said:

Hey guys,

I applied with a divorce waiver in Aug 2021 (with a pending divorce).  Once my divorce was finalized (July 20233) I tried to be pro-active and send in the official decree with the expectation of further scrutiny.  Well, I’ve just received a notification that my case has been approved today without an interview!  I know this isn’t the end of my journey with N-400 soon, but I hope it should be a little more streamlined moving forward.

I also wanted to share and somewhat reflect on this ordeal.

This process definitely took a toll on my mental health, to the point where it felt like it was deciding factor that pushed me over the edge.  Pairing this in my case with my divorce turned out to be a nightmare.  The feelings and frustration that you feel on this journey are real, and valid.

What we go through on this immigration journey is undeniably tough, stressful, and we’re expected to brunt through it and deal with it.  Although I am not active on here, I often browse through to relate to other’s situations and to vent at some of these issues, often stumbling across you @Crazy Cat with your seemingly endless knowledge about all matters!

But there IS and end, there is light at the end of the tunnel AND it’s worth it :)

I hope everyone’s packets get pushed through ASAP!!  Stay strong 💪🏼 

congrats, I'm so happy for you. Everything worked out. 

I have gotten an update only on my N400 today which I filed in 05/2023.

I did send in an expedite request for my I751 on 06/12 but then withdrew my N400 on 06/14. My update from USCIS for N400 is as following:

July 11, 2023

Interview Was Scheduled

On July 11, 2023, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??? DIDN'T THEY SEE THAT I WITHDREW MY N400??? WHAT DO I DO??? STILL GO TO THE INTERVIEW??? THEY WILL 100% DENY MY CASE.

1 hour ago, daboy said:

Hey guys,

I applied with a divorce waiver in Aug 2021 (with a pending divorce).  Once my divorce was finalized (July 20233) I tried to be pro-active and send in the official decree with the expectation of further scrutiny.

If you applied in 2021 with a divorce waiver, and your divorce was still pending. I thought USCIS wants the divorce decree within 85-90 days window? They waited for your divorce decree til now? That was nice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.