Jump to content
virgie6810

Police certificate - Egypt

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

   My fiancé and I received an email from the embassy in Cairo telling us what documents to gather before the interview.  Can someone please explain what is the police certificate and how to go about getting it?  My fiancé is in Luxor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**Moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to the MENA regional subforum; question is country specific**


03639.png                  

 🇷🇺  CR-1 via DCF in Moscow* (2016-2017) 🇺🇸 Info about my DCF experience here and here.

Spoiler

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad (USC + Russian husband) 👩‍❤️‍👨
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

 

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED.

 

I-90 GC Replacment (for Erroneous GC)

22-Jul-2017: GC arrives in the mail – error in middle name 😕

01-Aug-2017: Sent in I-90 online via website

05-Aug-2017: Biometrics scheduled

23-Aug-2017: Biometrics done @ USCIS office; told to keep GC!

16-Jul-2018: RFE for original card!! 🤬

31-Jul-2018: USCIS Appointment at local field office..

22-Aug-2018: Mailed GC back to USCIS in response to RFE

29-Aug-2018: GC received by USCIS

17-Sept-2018: Received CORRECTED GC in the mail! Finally!! 😂

 

📑 I-751 Removal of Conditions - NBC (Apr-2019-???) 📝 MSC I-751 filers: Track your case here!

Spoiler

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office  

??-???-2019: TBA...

Mar-30-2020: N-400 early filing window opens! 🇺🇸

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, virgie6810 said:

Hello all,

   My fiancé and I received an email from the embassy in Cairo telling us what documents to gather before the interview.  Can someone please explain what is the police certificate and how to go about getting it?  My fiancé is in Luxor.

Hey  virgie6810 how did it take get a  interview at the Egypt embassy  since your case been completed ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alexobaid said:

Hey  virgie6810 how did it take get a  interview at the Egypt embassy  since your case been completed ??

We don’t have an interview date yet; we are collecting all of the documents the embassy asked for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, virgie6810 said:

We don’t have an interview date yet; we are collecting all of the documents the embassy asked for.

I know that it is hard waiting and I am sure you have many sleepless nights just waiting and waiting and waiting.

just be patient in the next 2 weeks I am certain you will get your interview letter.

 

3 hours ago, Alexobaid said:

Hey  virgie6810 how did it take get a  interview at the Egypt embassy  since your case been completed ??

he might have to go to Cairo to get this, K1 interviews for Egypt are very tough.

 

Good luck in your journey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Khallaf said:

I know that it is hard waiting and I am sure you have many sleepless nights just waiting and waiting and waiting.

just be patient in the next 2 weeks I am certain you will get your interview letter.

 

he might have to go to Cairo to get this, K1 interviews for Egypt are very tough.

 

Good luck in your journey

Thanks for the good wishes.  This process is so complicated and confusing.  I didn’t expect to hear from the embassy so quickly.  We have not yet completed the DS 160.  I’m confused about the interview date.  Does my fiancé choose a date for his interview after completing the DS 160?  You mention an interview letter.  ???

 

         From a  Stressed out petitioner  😕😟🥺

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, virgie6810 said:

Thanks for the good wishes.  This process is so complicated and confusing.  I didn’t expect to hear from the embassy so quickly.  We have not yet completed the DS 160.  I’m confused about the interview date.  Does my fiancé choose a date for his interview after completing the DS 160?  You mention an interview letter.  ???

 

         From a  Stressed out petitioner  😕😟🥺

 

  

sorry I got my answers flipped from the quotes.

 

On 4/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, virgie6810 said:

Hello all,

   My fiancé and I received an email from the embassy in Cairo telling us what documents to gather before the interview.  Can someone please explain what is the police certificate and how to go about getting it?  My fiancé is in Luxor.

he might have to go to Cairo to get this, K1 interviews for Egypt are very tough.

 

Good luck in your journey

 

that one was meant for you.

 

I hope that you will be attending the interview with him, I did a CR1 so I am not sure about the process of doing the interview appointment for a K1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 6:10 AM, Khallaf said:

sorry I got my answers flipped from the quotes.

 

he might have to go to Cairo to get this, K1 interviews for Egypt are very tough.

 

Good luck in your journey

 

that one was meant for you.

 

I hope that you will be attending the interview with him, I did a CR1 so I am not sure about the process of doing the interview appointment for a K1.

  Unfortunately I won’t be able to go back to Egypt for his interview; I was just there last month and I can’t afford another trip, nor do I have enough vacation time to go again so soon.  I wish I could be there, though.  Still, there is no reason why they should deny him the visa.  We have a real relationship.  I hope he is not too nervous at his interview.

 

   Good luck to you for your CR1!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, virgie6810 said:

  Unfortunately I won’t be able to go back to Egypt for his interview; I was just there last month and I can’t afford another trip, nor do I have enough vacation time to go again so soon.  I wish I could be there, though.  Still, there is no reason why they should deny him the visa.  We have a real relationship.  I hope he is not too nervous at his interview.

 

   Good luck to you for your CR1!

my husband is finally home.

 

on the other hand do keep in mind that Cairo is a very hard embassy and they can deny and have denied many K1 visa in the last 6 months, put many in AP both in the K1 and the CR1/IR1 category, I wish nothing but the best for both of you let me know how it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×