Jump to content
moreadore

It's been 5 months

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Since our interview and placed in AP. the 10th will be 6 months since his medical so he'll have to go all the way back down to London whenever they pull their heads out of their backsides. They (or my Senator) never got back to us last month confirming our case isn't lost/misplaced. I'm losing my mind over here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Senator should be able to get a response, usually it would just say AP, but they normally would reply.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, moreadore said:

Since our interview and placed in AP. the 10th will be 6 months since his medical so he'll have to go all the way back down to London whenever they pull their heads out of their backsides. They (or my Senator) never got back to us last month confirming our case isn't lost/misplaced. I'm losing my mind over here. 

 

AP is open ended unfortunately. Can be 2-3 days, 2-3 weeks, 2-3 months, even 1-2+ years. Have been couple members lately who hit 18+ months, but they were from MENA countries.

 

I couldnt find anything specific, but is there some red flag with your fiance? Or odd travel history/criminal history, citizen of another country?

 

The embassy doesn't just take their time for nothing unless there is something they are trying to find out. Also while senators/congress people can inquire and "nudge" the embassy, they have no power over them to make a decision.

 

The embassy has it's own unique powers.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

 

AP is open ended unfortunately. Can be 2-3 days, 2-3 weeks, 2-3 months, even 1-2+ years. Have been couple members lately who hit 18+ months, but they were from MENA countries.

 

I couldnt find anything specific, but is there some red flag with your fiance? Or odd travel history/criminal history, citizen of another country?

 

The embassy doesn't just take their time for nothing unless there is something they are trying to find out. Also while senators/congress people can inquire and "nudge" the embassy, they have no power over them to make a decision.

 

The embassy has it's own unique powers.

There's nothing suspicious about my fiance unless having no record is suspicious. He only got a passport to travel to me. He has never committed a crime. He's only ever been to America. He was born in the UK. He doesn't have any Islamic ties or name or family members etc etc. We've gone round and round on every single thing and it makes absolutely no sense to us. He doesn't do any sensitive work. I've googled things endlessly over the types of security checks.. I don't know what the point of this post was I just need to vent because it's getting to me. We were expecting to be married months ago we filed that i129f 13 months ago. I was there at the interview with him. It was on my birthday and I know it went well. it really sucks when you see people post about overstaying visas and overcoming bans etc and yet we've done nothing wrong and somehow they think we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well again the embassy doesn't just make up things out of nothing. It could literally be something like same name as someone else in the system and it's causing conflicts with the background checks. Again they don't just make stuff up, so it does suck to have to wait like this, and I agree, then having to see posts from people getting waivers on bans and overstays adjusting... trust me, I really dislike reading those posts cause I find it highly annoying.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the positions coming out for 2020, I do not see how they can liberalise those crossing seeking Asylum etc and not make things a lot easier and quicker for those going the legal route.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't think there should be waivers. What's the point when most seem to get approved anyways it feels like. Doesn't exactly teach anyone a "lesson" about doing things the right way when they just have to file another form and poof.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

I personally don't think there should be waivers. What's the point when most seem to get approved anyways it feels like. Doesn't exactly teach anyone a "lesson" about doing things the right way when they just have to file another form and poof.

Castro intends to do away with waivers, he announced his plan for reform yesterday.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, moreadore said:

it really sucks when you see people post about overstaying visas and overcoming bans etc and yet we've done nothing wrong and somehow they think we have.

I agree that this is SO annoying and frustrating, and I'm so sorry you are in this AP black hole.  The other day I had an Uber driver who told me he was here from Brazil so I was speaking Portuguese with him since I'm learning to prepare for my husband's interview in Rio later this year.  This Uber driver was very upfront about his situation in the US when I asked--he came to California on a tourist visa 18 months ago and just decided to stay illegally, drive for Uber to earn income and live, he even said he was paying taxes in the US and in his mind that made everything okay.  How did he even get a CA driver's license and get approved by Uber's background check??  He now has a girlfriend and hopes to marry her so they can AOS for him.  None of this seemed to be illegal in his mind--and all the time he was talking I was thinking of all the couples like you who are waiting patiently to do this the legal and proper way.  I have been married to my husband for almost a year and we are still in the CR-1 process waiting game, now at NVC but still months away from being able to live together--it's so frustrating to see those abusing the system!  Hang in there, I hope you hear soon so that you can be together at last.  True love will win in the end.  

Edited by carmel34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

I agree that this is SO annoying and frustrating, and I'm so sorry you are in this AP black hole.  The other day I had an Uber driver who told me he was here from Brazil so I was speaking Portuguese with him since I'm learning to prepare for my husband's interview in Rio later this year.  This Uber driver was very upfront about his situation in the US when I asked--he came to California on a tourist visa 18 months ago and just decided to stay illegally, drive for Uber to earn income and live, he even said he was paying taxes in the US and in his mind that made everything okay.  How did he even get a CA driver's license and get approved by Uber's background check??  He now has a girlfriend and hopes to marry her so they can AOS for him.  None of this seemed to be illegal in his mind--and all the time he was talking I was thinking of all the couples like you who are waiting patiently to do this the legal and proper way.  I have been married to my husband for almost a year and we are still in the CR-1 process waiting game, now at NVC but still months away from being able to live together--it's so frustrating to see those abusing the system!  Hang in there, I hope you hear soon so that you can be together at last.  True love will win in the end.  

 

Well he isn't alone, exactly. The US can't even count how many "illegals" (think this term actually includes overstays) are in the US... some say a few million, but heard as many as 15 million also... no one knows, it's alarming really... and yet, keeps happening daily. But fully agree it's irritating having to keep telling people here who are doing things the right way to be patient and wait, while others just skip to the front of the line it so to say.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Illegals can get DL's in CA and Uber would not have much to check if he just got here, I am sure they do not check work authorisation.

 

There has been quite a few stories about Uber, Rapes Murders etc.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

 

Well he isn't alone, exactly. The US can't even count how many "illegals" (think this term actually includes overstays) are in the US... some say a few million, but heard as many as 15 million also... no one knows, it's alarming really... and yet, keeps happening daily. But fully agree it's irritating having to keep telling people here who are doing things the right way to be patient and wait, while others just skip to the front of the line it so to say.

VJ ToS to one side, if you can do that, but all the you can not come as a tourist and adjust posts do amuse me.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×