1,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Heley said:

Sooo, Ik everybody is waiting to know how my interview went ; and the answer is great !!!!

i passed my interview . Yaaaayyy!!! 😂

I left my house 2 hrs before my interview ; even tho the USCIS office is , 40 min away from my house . Just to be safe, Incase it rains or stuck in traffic. 

I got there 11:30  but they couldn’t take me in till 12 pm. So I waited another 30 min and I cocked in .

There was 12 people in the waiting room . Not bad!!!  I waited 45 min and I got called in .

The officer, introduced her self and told me to follow her , which I did ! when we got to her office , She told me not to sit yet , She told me to say words after her ,  made me swore then told me yo sit . Then , started with a yes and no question after that she asked me if I wanted to change my name  , I said yes , I changed my name to the nick name my husband uses to call me . She said me how my marriage is , I answered fantastic. Then she asked why is it fantastic? I answered my husband is a good provider, a good husband and father

. Then she said now I will ask you history .,,. I said, I’m ready ma’am! 

The civic question were so easy . 

1, what’s an amendments?

a change or an addition to the constitution 

2, Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

Thomas Jefferson 

3, What is the supreme law of the land?

the constitution 

4, What is the “rule of law”?

no one is above the law

5, What is the name of the national anthem?

the star spangled banner 

6, Who signs bills to become laws?

the president.

then she made me read , Columbus Day is on October. Then told me to right it back  but I couldn’t spell Columbus Day right so she told me to write Washington is the capital. I wrote that right . The she said congratulations. I passed . U will get a latter in the mail . U will go to the court to change ur name the shake we shake hands and I left . 

Sorry, I’m not a good English writer but I’m sure y’all can figure it out lol. 

Good day and good luck to everybody !! 

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you, thank you for sharing. 

7 hours ago, Heley said:

Sooo, Ik everybody is waiting to know how my interview went ; and the answer is great !!!!

I left my house 2 hrs before my interview ; even tho the USCIS office is , 40 min away from my house . Just to be safe, Incase it rains or stuck in traffic. 

I got there 11:30  but they couldn’t take me in till 12 pm. So I waited another 30 min and I cocked in .

There was 12 people in the waiting room . Not bad!!!  I waited 45 min and I got called in .

The officer, introduced her self and told me to follow her , which I did ! when we got to her office , She told me not to sit yet , She told me to say words after her ,  made me swore then told me yo sit . Then , started with a yes and no question after that she asked me if I wanted to change my name  , I said yes , I changed my name to the nick name my husband uses to call me . She said me how my marriage is , I answered fantastic. Then she asked why is it fantastic? I answered my husband is a good provider, a good husband and father

1, what’s an amendments?

Thomas Jefferson 

the constitution 

no one is above the law

the star spangled banner 

the president.

then she made me read , Columbus Day is on October. Then told me to right it back  but I couldn’t spell Columbus Day right so she told me to write Washington is the capital. I wrote that right . The she said congratulations. I passed . U will get a latter in the mail . U will go to the court to change ur name the shake we shake hands and I left . 

Heyyy, hearty congratulations. You made it :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
8 hours ago, Heley said:

1, what’s an amendments?

Thomas Jefferson 

the constitution 

no one is above the law

the star spangled banner 

the president.

Congratulations 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Heley said:

1, what’s an amendments?

Thomas Jefferson 

the constitution 

no one is above the law

the star spangled banner 

the president.

Yay congrats! I'll have my interview next week and hopefully it will be as smooth as yours.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Heley said:

1, what’s an amendments?

Thomas Jefferson 

the constitution 

no one is above the law

the star spangled banner 

the president.

Congratulations!!!!!! let us know when you get the oath date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline

So, tomorrow it is time for the 2nd interview in our group! This time it is @lex07's turn:-) Good luck tomorrow, and please come let us know how it all went:-D 

On another note:

If anyone else has received interview dates, please update the google sheet, so the rest of us can be happy for you:-P 

4/23/2019 (Day 00): N-400 filed Online (Portland, OR), Receipt Notice

4/27/2019 (Day 04): Biometrics scheduled

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

5/06/2019 (Day 13): Biometrics letter received in mail

5/15/2019 (Day 22): Biometrics appointment

5/16/2019 (Day 23): Reviewed biometrics

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

10/18/2019 (Day 178): Interview document uploaded to Myuscis

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

11/26/2019 (Day 217): Myuscis says "We approved your application" 

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

01/17/2020 (Day 269): Myuscis says "We scheduled your naturalization ceremony"

01/18/2020 (Day 270): Oath Ceremony document uploaded to Myuscis

02/06/2020 (Day 289): Oath Ceremony in Portland, Oregon

Uscis Processing Timelines https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

I need help from fellow members my removal of condition approved last week. Still waiting for the physical card.

Do i need for physical card or i can file the n400

Should i apply online or paper format.Does online is faster than paper format.

My local office is Newark 

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, New Yorker 82 said:

I need help from fellow members my removal of condition approved last week. Still waiting for the physical card.

Do i need for physical card or i can file the n400

Should i apply online or paper format.Does online is faster than paper format.

My local office is Newark 

I filed my N400 online the same day my ROC was approved, you have the option to add extra documents later so when I got the card I attached the pictures to the application online.

Timeline

It is almost time for the 3rd and 4th interviews of our group - woohoo! Good luck tomorrow @AlLeandro and @RC-RC! Please come tell us your interview experiences:-) 

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 6/24/2019 at 8:18 AM, Vikingoutwest said:

So, tomorrow it is time for the 2nd interview in our group! This time it is @lex07's turn:-) Good luck tomorrow, and please come let us know how it all went:-D 

On another note:

If anyone else has received interview dates, please update the google sheet, so the rest of us can be happy for you:-P 

First thing first, I passed the interview yesterday. The officer was really nice. Once we got to her office, she asked for my green card and then she took my photo and fingerprints. We had to do it twice because the first one it didn't go through or something. Then she asked me to stand to swear to tell the truth.

Then we moved on to the speaking/writing test and the civics test.

What is the supreme law of the land? The constitution 

Who signs bills to become laws? The president.

When was the Constitution written? 1787

Who is the Father of Our Country? George Washington

Name the war between the North and South? Civil War

The House of Representatives has how many voting members? 435

Next we went through the form and the yes/no questions. Then said you should expect the letter about the oath ceremony soon. Yayyy!!

We chatted a little bit about the Oath Ceremony - I asked her how long it is because I heard it's long.  She said it's about 3 hours, so I said then it might not be a good idea for my husband to bring the kids (7yo and 2yo). 

And that's it. I'm so relieved that it's all done. And that I even made it to the interview itself... because I was late. The interview was at 2PM and I checked in at 2:06PM. The lady in the checked in desk said, "oooh you've just made it". 

@Heley made the right decision to leave early to her interview. Yesterday morning work was a little crazy so I was remotely working from home until around 12:45PM.  Then I got ready and left the house at 1PM - the office is around 25m from my house - I thought I have a lot of time. But traffic was horrendous. I was trying to avoid the massive construction on the highway and took a back road and that was a big mistake. And it also took awhile to find a parking lot. So yeah, I had to run to the building to make it to the interview. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, lex07 said:

First thing first, I passed the interview yesterday. The officer was really nice. Once we got to her office, she asked for my green card and then she took my photo and fingerprints. We had to do it twice because the first one it didn't go through or something. Then she asked me to stand to swear to tell the truth.

Then we moved on to the speaking/writing test and the civics test.

What is the supreme law of the land? The constitution 

Who signs bills to become laws? The president.

When was the Constitution written? 1787

Who is the Father of Our Country? George Washington

Name the war between the North and South? Civil War

The House of Representatives has how many voting members? 435

Next we went through the form and the yes/no questions. Then said you should expect the letter about the oath ceremony soon. Yayyy!!

We chatted a little bit about the Oath Ceremony - I asked her how long it is because I heard it's long.  She said it's about 3 hours, so I said then it might not be a good idea for my husband to bring the kids (7yo and 2yo). 

And that's it. I'm so relieved that it's all done. And that I even made it to the interview itself... because I was late. The interview was at 2PM and I checked in at 2:06PM. The lady in the checked in desk said, "oooh you've just made it". 

@Heley made the right decision to leave early to her interview. Yesterday morning work was a little crazy so I was remotely working from home until around 12:45PM.  Then I got ready and left the house at 1PM - the office is around 25m from my house - I thought I have a lot of time. But traffic was horrendous. I was trying to avoid the massive construction on the highway and took a back road and that was a big mistake. And it also took awhile to find a parking lot. So yeah, I had to run to the building to make it to the interview. 

Congratulations!!! Wow, what an experience you had - how stressful to be in such a hurry as you are coming in - yikes. So glad to hear everything went well, and that your IO was nice :) Thank you very much for sharing! You and @Heley both described your interviews so well it makes me less nervous for when I eventually have to go :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.