Kuneesa

CR-1 Interview Experience DCF Mumbai India

63 posts in this topic

Kuneesa and Members here is the brief history

My relatives have applied Ir2 visa for their son through DCF in New Delhi. The petition is approved August first week.. Got the physical mail with approved notice.It states that they sent the same info to Mumbai Consulate/Post. It's been one month we have not heard anything from them. Last week they sent an email and called, they said the case number is not created yet.Can someone please kindly share your thoughts. How long it will take to get notification(Packet 4) from Mumbai after the docs are sent from Delhi USCIS office.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Edited by radusipa
type

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 10:20 AM, radusipa said:

Kuneesa and Members here is the brief history

My relatives have applied Ir2 visa for their son through DCF in New Delhi. The petition is approved August first week.. Got the physical mail with approved notice.It states that they sent the same info to Mumbai Consulate/Post. It's been one month we have not heard anything from them. Last week they sent an email and called, they said the case number is not created yet.Can someone please kindly share your thoughts. How long it will take to get notification(Packet 4) from Mumbai after the docs are sent from Delhi USCIS office.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Hey! 

Once your approved petition has reached the embassy, It can take anywhere from couple of weeks to couple of months (depending on Mumbai embassy's workload) to get your Packet 4 and appointment confirmation etc. You can email them via ustraveldocs and they will usually reply within a week. 

Edited by Kuneesa

Thank you Very much for your reply Kuneesa. Just curious, Is there any processing that the Embassy does before they send the packet 4. Like Document checking etc.

Also will the  packet come through email or through physical mail? Hopefully they will send the mail soon. 

I really appreciate your help to many folks like me. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/7/2019 at 9:01 PM, radusipa said:

Thank you Very much for your reply Kuneesa. Just curious, Is there any processing that the Embassy does before they send the packet 4. Like Document checking etc.

Also will the  packet come through email or through physical mail? Hopefully they will send the mail soon. 

No problem! 

I don't think they do any document checking before because if you're doing DCF, you submit your documentation during the Interview. Your packed will most likely come through the email and that will just be a link pointing to this address ( https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB IV Packet 4 Oct 2015.pdf

Hope you get the mail with your case number soon. Cheers & goodluck! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 9:14 PM, Kuneesa said:

No problem! 

I don't think they do any document checking before because if you're doing DCF, you submit your documentation during the Interview. Your packed will most likely come through the email and that will just be a link pointing to this address ( https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB IV Packet 4 Oct 2015.pdf

Hope you get the mail with your case number soon. Cheers & goodluck! 

Hey Kuneesa How long is the approved I-130 petition valid for? We just got our case number last week and we have to sponsor ourselves since our joint sponsor backed out. So my spouse has to go back and work for maybe 6 months to get payslips, letter of employment and other stuff to prove that she will be able to sponsor me herself. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/6/2019 at 1:24 AM, AnonIndia said:

Hey Kuneesa How long is the approved I-130 petition valid for? We just got our case number last week and we have to sponsor ourselves since our joint sponsor backed out. So my spouse has to go back and work for maybe 6 months to get payslips, letter of employment and other stuff to prove that she will be able to sponsor me herself. 

Hey,

I believe it is one year but you're better off posting it as a separate question and asking someone really knowledgeable on this. Hope things work out for you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 7:42 AM, Kuneesa said:

Hey,

I believe it is one year but you're better off posting it as a separate question and asking someone really knowledgeable on this. Hope things work out for you.

Hey Kuneesa we just completed our DS-260. Received an email requesting us to complete steps 4 to 6. Says we need to collect financial support documents and civil documents and then upload them to NVC  through e-mail if our case number starts with certain prefixes like AKD AMM BGH DMS GZO or through traditional mail otherwise. Ours starts with BMB. Did you get all these documents ready and upload them before being allowed to schedule an interview and bio metric/medical appointments? 

On 11/3/2019 at 7:30 AM, AnonIndia said:

Hey Kuneesa we just completed our DS-260. Received an email requesting us to complete steps 4 to 6. Says we need to collect financial support documents and civil documents and then upload them to NVC  through e-mail if our case number starts with certain prefixes like AKD AMM BGH DMS GZO or through traditional mail otherwise. Ours starts with BMB. Did you get all these documents ready and upload them before being allowed to schedule an interview and bio metric/medical appointments? 

The instructions for DCF are the same instructions for a stateside petition.   Anything you would file (upload) at the NVC gets taken to the consulate unless they specifically, and personally, say otherwise.  Some consulates want documents delivered ahead of time.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
On 11/3/2019 at 9:30 AM, AnonIndia said:

In our case, we had to take all the documents to the embassy personally. No uploading on the NVC website or sending it anywhere. I'd suggest you do as your instructions tell you to do. You can always call or email the Bombay embassy. They will be able to help you much better!

Hi AnonIndia, In this same Thread, KKodi mentioned that he got the similar message when they submitted their DS260. I'm not sure if they sent the docs to NVC(I doubt you have to do it), But as Kuneesa pointed out please drop an email to ustraveldocs mail id with all your details and they should be able to help you.

Edited by radusipa

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 8:01 PM, radusipa said:

Hi Kuneesa, Paul&Mary, I Wanted to thank you guys exclusively and others in this forum in general for all the help. This Forum really helped us to gather the documents , get the sense of potential questions that can be asked by IO. Our IR2 Visa has been approved and we're told the passport will be delivered within a weeks time. As we are about to enter the next phase (Port of Entry), I really appreciate if you guys can share your experiences. 

1) How much time it may take approx to complete the process at POE

2) will it be done at the Counters or we have to go to a separate room.

3) Any potential questions we need to be prepared

4) other thoughts

Again, i really appreciate all your help.

21 minutes ago, radusipa said:

Hi Kuneesa, Paul&Mary, I Wanted to thank you guys exclusively and others in this forum in general for all the help. This Forum really helped us to gather the documents , get the sense of potential questions that can be asked by IO. Our IR2 Visa has been approved and we're told the passport will be delivered within a weeks time. As we are about to enter the next phase (Port of Entry), I really appreciate if you guys can share your experiences. 

1) How much time it may take approx to complete the process at POE

2) will it be done at the Counters or we have to go to a separate room.

3) Any potential questions we need to be prepared

4) other thoughts

Again, i really appreciate all your help.

1) We processed at a Land Crossing - basically it took us about 10 minutes.  They opened the sealed packet, took her finger prints and then the IO stamped her VISA.  Airport POE you might be sent to another room if they are busy - I see this at LAX often. 

3) They just asked if we paid the green card fee.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

9 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

1) We processed at a Land Crossing - basically it took us about 10 minutes.  They opened the sealed packet, took her finger prints and then the IO stamped her VISA.  Airport POE you might be sent to another room if they are busy - I see this at LAX often. 

3) They just asked if we paid the green card fee.

Thank you Paul & Mary.

22 hours ago, radusipa said:

Thank you Paul & Mary.

Hi Paul&Mary, Kuneesa, the Interview was done on Nov-25 i checked Yesterday on the Visa Tracker it shows Administrative processing and update date was Nov-25 and after some time the Date is updated to Nov-27 but the status is still Administrative Processing. I hope there is no issue.the IO give the approval paper too. We are kind of nervous now. Please share your thoughts. Kunessa was your aloe was in Administrative processing before got the Issued status.If so how long was it like that. Appreciate all your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.