RenoBound

Waiting time for Montreal Canada Interview

349 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Shelly18 said:

No!  I still haven’t been able to register, and I don’t know what to do! 

Mine is also June 21st! :) I had trouble at first registering mine, it kept saying that I didn't have an interview date yet (even though I received the email) but after a few days it allowed me to. Did you try to contact the number/email on the error page?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, MBNB said:

Mine is also June 21st! :) I had trouble at first registering mine, it kept saying that I didn't have an interview date yet (even though I received the email) but after a few days it allowed me to. Did you try to contact the number/email on the error page?

Yes, I contacted the help desk and they gave me a “non” answer, answer!  What does the registering actually do? 

Just now, Shelly18 said:

Yes, I contacted the help desk and they gave me a “non” answer, answer!  What does the registering actually do? 

Ugh that's super frustrating - so do you get the error page when you enter your #? 

When you register you get to choose where you want your visa sent via mail (standard or courier)  - I think it also allows them to confirm your appointment. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MBNB said:

Ugh that's super frustrating - so do you get the error page when you enter your #? 

When you register you get to choose where you want your visa sent via mail (standard or courier)  - I think it also allows them to confirm your appointment. 

It lets me sign in, and I fill in all the details like date of birth, passport number etc, then I click submit on the end, and error message.  

Thanks for for the explanation!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Shelly18 said:

No!  I still haven’t been able to register, and I don’t know what to do! 

9 minutes ago, MBNB said:

I tagged you here so they can answer you. 😊

Just now, Shelly18 said:

It lets me sign in, and I fill in all the details like date of birth, passport number etc, then I click submit on the end, and error message.  

Thanks for for the explanation!

Okay so I wasn't able to even sign in for mine. I'm not sure why yours is doing that. Sorry I can't be anymore help! 

No problem anytime! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Shelly18 said:

Mine is scheduled for June 21st!  

Hey Shelly,

Congrats on the interview date!! Would you mind sharing how long it took for you to get that date like your dates of case completion or documentarily qualified to when you got the interview date? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, MDQ said:

Hey Shelly,

Congrats on the interview date!! Would you mind sharing how long it took for you to get that date like your dates of case completion or documentarily qualified to when you got the interview date? 

Thanks!  

PD : March 30, 2018

I-130 Approved: Jan 29, 2019

Package received by NVC: Feb 5, 2019

Case number/invoice assigned: March 18, 2019

Case Complete: April 9, 2019

Received Notice of Interview: May 17, 2019

Interview Date: June 21, 2019

Good Luck!

On 5/15/2019 at 9:29 PM, Kartinee23 said:

Wait, I never submitted anything about financial documents on my side (canadiantax return) We also have a lawyer. And it is also them who delayed us like 3 times now.

Interesting! Everyone is complaining about their lawyer delaying their case! We are in the same boat! We've been delayed at least 1 month and a half for the information that our lawyer should have provided us but did not until I read the instructions myself!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Parisa_1234 said:

Interesting! Everyone is complaining about their lawyer delaying their case! We are in the same boat! We've been delayed at least 1 month and a half for the information that our lawyer should have provided us but did not until I read the instructions myself!

More than 2 months now for us. The problem is i cant go back to fix it to make it faster now. Rfes because of her. And 2 months at NVC. Before we submitted, she had 1.5 months to check/review all AOS, financial and every document while I was waiting for my HK police clearance to arrive. All the things i uploaded myself and explained/wrote a note myself was accepted by NVC. It is hers that delayed us. Last resubmission May 7 and idk coz now we have no update at all. 😞

I was late to find this website. So many informations and helpful people here. Way more helpful that our fully paid lawyer who did nothing but upload docs and delay us. They dont care now coz they are paid. 🙏🏽

2 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

More than 2 months now for us. The problem is i cant go back to fix it to make it faster now. Rfes because of her. And 2 months at NVC. Before we submitted, she had 1.5 months to check/review all AOS, financial and every document while I was waiting for my HK police clearance to arrive. All the things i uploaded myself and explained/wrote a note myself was accepted by NVC. It is hers that delayed us. Last resubmission May 7 and idk coz now we have no update at all. 😞

I was late to find this website. So many informations and helpful people here. Way more helpful that our fully paid lawyer who did nothing but upload docs and delay us. They dont care now coz they are paid. 🙏🏽

Exactly the same here. Our lawyer only uploaded the documents/information I provided him which was much faster and easier if I did it myself! I have to submit a joint sponsor as we received a note that my income is not enough. I was ready to submit everything last Wednesday but I have to wait for the lawyer's signature till tomorrow. Do you happen to have an issue with the financial requirements for the sponsor? We received a note saying: "the petitioner does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrant for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted." 

Does this mean our case is waiting for the submission of a joint sponsor?

1 hour ago, Parisa_1234 said:

Exactly the same here. Our lawyer only uploaded the documents/information I provided him which was much faster and easier if I did it myself! I have to submit a joint sponsor as we received a note that my income is not enough. I was ready to submit everything last Wednesday but I have to wait for the lawyer's signature till tomorrow. Do you happen to have an issue with the financial requirements for the sponsor? We received a note saying: "the petitioner does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrant for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted." 

Does this mean our case is waiting for the submission of a joint sponsor?

We had the EXACT same issue with our lawyer. Absolutely disappointed in his "work" , we've done most of it ourselves and have caught so many of his mistakes. I wIsh I found this website sooner as so many people have been so much help! 

With the financial requirements we had the exact same note on our case! We filed our taxes jointly, and when my husband (US citizen) added his W-2's, there was missing income from our joint income return. We had to send in my T-4s (Canadian Citizen part time work) The NVC only looked at my T-4's and concluded we didn't meet the income requirement. We had to clarify with the NVC that my husbands W-2's were the forms to be looking at for income requirements.

Not sure if you and your spouse filed a joint tax return but this is why we were told we didn't meet the income requirement. We had to make sure the W-2's were uploaded separately to make it clear to the NVC which income was sponsoring.  

1 hour ago, Kartinee23 said:

Thinking of you! I'm so sorry you are going through this - I hope you get some news very soon. 

5 minutes ago, MBNB said:

We had the EXACT same issue with our lawyer. Absolutely disappointed in his "work" , we've done most of it ourselves and have caught so many of his mistakes. I wIsh I found this website sooner as so many people have been so much help! 

With the financial requirements we had the exact same note on our case! We filed our taxes jointly, and when my husband (US citizen) added his W-2's, there was missing income from our joint income return. We had to send in my T-4s (Canadian Citizen part time work) The NVC only looked at my T-4's and concluded we didn't meet the income requirement. We had to clarify with the NVC that my husbands W-2's were the forms to be looking at for income requirements.

Not sure if you and your spouse filed a joint tax return but this is why we were told we didn't meet the income requirement. We had to make sure the W-2's were uploaded separately to make it clear to the NVC which income was sponsoring.  

The reason for the insufficiency in my income is that I am a graduate student in Canada and I don't have a real income. Consulting our lawyer, we provided assets for the lack of US-earned income. Even though the assets are 5 times more than the minimum income requirements, we still received the note for my income. Now, I have prepared all the documents for a joint sponsor but I am a bit confused about what I should expect next. Is the NVC waiting for the joint sponsor to have a new update? Am I going to receive an email about any new updates or do I need to follow the message box on the NVC website?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.