2,985 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Roms2017 said:

Guys need 

Like just said my interview will be in 10 days and just moved last month in my new Apartment i only changed my address online to the LOCAL OFFICE that received my I485.

Do i need to change my address to Vermont too?

Address have to be change. Vermont only accept mail change of address. 

This is from USCIS website: 

Special Instructions https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange 

Have a pending or approved:

Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant filed as VAWA self-petitioner;

File your AR-11 change of address request at:

USCIS
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

You may NOT change your address online or over the phone.

Edited by FeDaniela

1 hour ago, Roms2017 said:

Guys need 

Like just said my interview will be in 10 days and just moved last month in my new Apartment i only changed my address online to the LOCAL OFFICE that received my I485.

Do i need to change my address to Vermont too?

If you read previous post..you'll find that sandra the attorney in this forum advised that address has to be changed only with a notarized letter to Vermont! Please note this! Also like I said, I changed my address on my i485 online and guess what? I started receiving letters to the new address I changed it to!  😲 and still do! Just my experience though! But please like the attorney said, do change with Vermont only with a notarized letter! And ensure to go for infopass to make sure it has been effected! Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
16 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Address have to be change. Vermont only accept mail change of address. 

This is from USCIS website: 

Special Instructions https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange 

Have a pending or approved:

Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant filed as VAWA self-petitioner;

File your AR-11 change of address request at:

USCIS
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

You may NOT change your address online or over the phone.

Thanks i will write to inform Vermont with my new Address too

9 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

If you read previous post..you'll find that sandra the attorney in this forum advised that address has to be changed only with a notarized letter to Vermont! Please note this! Also like I said, I changed my address on my i485 online and guess what? I started receiving letters to the new address I changed it to!  😲 and still do! Just my experience though! But please like the attorney said, do change with Vermont only with a notarized letter! And ensure to go for infopass to make sure it has been effected! Thank you!

i will write to inform Vermont with my new Address also.

Thanks

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

Thanks i will write to inform Vermont with my new Address too

i will write to inform Vermont with my new Address also.

Thanks

It says the change of address must be done within 10 days of moving in.

I moved last month April 1st, it has been more than 10 days now

Faillure to report application will be deny.

I dont know what to do now

6 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

It says the change of address must be done within 10 days of moving in.

I moved last month April 1st, it has been more than 10 days now

Faillure to report application will be deny.

I dont know what to do now

I don't know the legal implication of being late..but i do know that it's better late than never! Quickly inform them now that you are aware then worry about the lateness later rather than not doing it at all...also sandra is in the best position to advice legally.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I don't know the legal implication of being late..but i do know that it's better late than never! Quickly inform them now that you are aware then worry about the lateness later rather than not doing it at all...also sandra is in the best position to advice legally.

Thanks i will inform they now and wait for Sandranj to help

Hi VJs,

Just come to share a little bit of my experience. I'm Sep2017. Still pending

May1st I sent a paper via certified mail to ask my congressman inquired on my behalf.

May 7th I contacted by phone to he congressman. They didn't receive the form. Thus j went to their office and signed the paper.

may 9th uscis updated my case for rfe.

So thanks to @Stillwinning!!!😊 I make a contact and it works. 

Then I prayed that my pro-bono will not messed up my case again. I called 2 days, many numbers, finally her assistant picked up and told me she is on vacation, be back in June. I insisted that I must have the rfe when it arrived. The assistant told me to call back everyday to see if the mail arrived or not

1 minute ago, Hopemama said:

Hi VJs,

Just come to share a little bit of my experience. I'm Sep2017. Still pending

May1st I sent a paper via certified mail to ask my congressman inquired on my behalf.

May 7th I contacted by phone to he congressman. They didn't receive the form. Thus j went to their office and signed the paper.

may 9th uscis updated my case for rfe.

So thanks to @Stillwinning!!!😊 I make a contact and it works. 

Then I prayed that my pro-bono will not messed up my case again. I called 2 days, many numbers, finally her assistant picked up and told me she is on vacation, be back in June. I insisted that I must have the rfe when it arrived. The assistant told me to call back everyday to see if the mail arrived or not

Lol thank God first🙏 its moving along! Please please follow the RFE like your shadow so you can get it soon as it hits your lawyer's office! Then BOOM! Respond to it as quickly as possible to get your approval on time. Thank God for this here forum and the wonderful people always willing to assist! And of course Sandra who gives legal advice for free here#priceless👑👑👑 God bless her richly!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

First of all congrats to all new approvals, for those still waiting, hang on, you’re almost at the finish line too! 

I’m just updating everyone regarding approval notices for VAWA.

I am blessed to have a very cooperative Congress person who acts as a liaison between me and USCIS. 

When I inquired about the VAWA approval letter, I received this response; ““Regarding the constituent’s concern regarding an approval notice for the Form I-360: The approval notices for these cases are manually generated by clerical staff [and the] constituent’s case is currently in clerical workflow to finalize processing.”

So rest be assured. After our EAD’s C31 are issued, they delay in approval letters can be attributed to the clerical workload at VSC

21 minutes ago, Strife said:

First of all congrats to all new approvals, for those still waiting, hang on, you’re almost at the finish line too! 

I’m just updating everyone regarding approval notices for VAWA.

I am blessed to have a very cooperative Congress person who acts as a liaison between me and USCIS. 

When I inquired about the VAWA approval letter, I received this response; ““Regarding the constituent’s concern regarding an approval notice for the Form I-360: The approval notices for these cases are manually generated by clerical staff [and the] constituent’s case is currently in clerical workflow to finalize processing.”

So rest be assured. After our EAD’s C31 are issued, they delay in approval letters can be attributed to the clerical workload at VSC

Thanks for the info..I also found out same through my senator! 👍

13 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow! NJ seems to have fewer wait times than it's very immediate neighbor N.Y. hmmm! Ok happy to know this..I should probably move..🏃😂 anyway thanks for the info, Godbless and go get your greencard!🙏

Hey Stillwinning is 9 month good?:rolleyes: don't forget I'm getting ready to send my REF:ot:         

after 18 months. patience tested and passed:clock:  praise God for the Grace:joy: I'm standing by his Grace

Edited by Lola_lalo

10 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

My understanding is if you file a restraining order against someone..they would be notified not to come within specified distance from you..I'm not an attorney but it's common sense..also you should have changed the locks to your place if you have fears of your spouse slipping in when you're away! Do please ensure your safety or peace of mind by securing your residence..if you feel you have to move to an unknown place to feel safe you are encouraged to. Hopefully you get other suggestions and opinions! Cheers.

100% agree

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.