13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

The topic/question today is related to bringing a parent of a US citizen from Iraq under I-130. Our case was received to the US for processing on June 4th, 2018, and the processing time as of today (March, 18th,2018) on the USCIS official website is showing that the cases in process are the cases received on (June 5th, 2018) which means they are done/finished processing the cases received on June 4th, 2018.  Can anyone help if you know if this means my case is already processed, or should we receive anything soon? Really appreciate all the support and help. Thank you so much

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
28 minutes ago, databit said:

Today is not 2018!

Thank you for spotting such a tiny typo. How is your reply helping Mokhaleel? We are all here to ask for help and/or give help. His question is very clear.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Even replacing 2018 with 2019 I do not understand your question. I think you misunderstand how the process works.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thank you, below the break down of the process 

1 - Case was received by USCIS on June 4th, 2018

2 - We submitted an expedite request on Dec, 2018

3 - According to the USCIS website as im typing this comment they are processing cases from June 5th, 2018

This means that they should be done with cases from June 4th, 2018. My question is, are we suppose to hear soon for case update? as the processing time showing 7.5 to 10 months for similar cases. Thank you 

42 minutes ago, Junior11 said:

Thank you for spotting such a tiny typo. How is your reply helping Mokhaleel? We are all here to ask for help and/or give help. His question is very clear.

Thank you so much

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MoKhaleel said:

3 - According to the USCIS website as im typing this comment they are processing cases from June 5th, 2018

This means that they should be done with cases from June 4th, 2018. My question is, are we suppose to hear soon for case update? as the processing time showing 7.5 to 10 months for similar cases. Thank you 

Thank you so much

They processed a case with the date of the 5th June, not all of the ones prior.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MoKhaleel said:

Thank you so much

Unfortunately it isn’t quite as simple as the dates ... expect the longer processing time and if it comes sooner .. 😁

Timeline

Mokhaleel, that June 4th case they put up there is the “newest dated” case they’re processing, among thousands of cases. It doesn’t mean the “oldest” case in process.

Theorically, the best place to check your status is https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do but unfortunately statuses aren’t updated real time. Many people got approval (or rfe) letters in the mail whilst their status still reading “we have received your case”.

Only time I’ve seen a different status there for my mom was “we have sent your case to the department of state” which meant they approved the I-130 and sent it to National Visa Center. 

I’m attaching a screen shot of what that (approval status) looked like:

C3B99514-6BF7-4922-A3ED-3BF71FB7FCAE.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Junior11 said:

Mokhaleel, that June 4th case they put up there is the “newest dated” case they’re processing, among thousands of cases. It doesn’t mean the “oldest” case in process.

Theorically, the best place to check your status is https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do but unfortunately statuses aren’t updated real time. Many people got approval (or rfe) letters in the mail whilst their status still reading “we have received your case”.

Only time I’ve seen a different status there for my mom was “we have sent your case to the department of state” which meant they approved the I-130 and sent it to National Visa Center. 

I’m attaching a screen shot of what that (approval status) looked like:

C3B99514-6BF7-4922-A3ED-3BF71FB7FCAE.jpeg

Thanks a lot Junior, yep, my mom's case is still processing. May i ask how long it took the status in your mom case to change from reviewing to move to the department of state, just to have an estimation of the processing time, i know it different from case to case though. Thank you again 

Capture.JPG

Timeline

Unfortunately our case took longer to be approved than average. So don’t take it as a reference. And you also have an expedited case so hopefully your case will move faster:

PD: March 28, 2018

RFE: beginning of December, 2018

Approval date: ?

Sent to NVC: January 14th, 2019

We got RFE because in my country, birth certificate is not a hardcopy certificate. You go to Civil Records Office and submit a request for a print of your civil records (birth, marriage, divorce..etc) with the reason you need it. My mom wrote “to be submitted to American authorities for immigration” so they’ve printed the English version of it for her and stamped / signed it. 

She got an RFE for not sending the original but only the translation! 

So in December, my mom wrote the reason “personal use” and got a copy in her country’s language, then paid a translation office (to English again.) Then it got approved by USCIS. Crazy but true, what a comedy!

Edited by Junior11

3 minutes ago, Junior11 said:

Unfortunately our case took longer to be approved than average. So don’t take it as a reference. And you also have an expedited case so hopefully your case will move faster:

PD: March 28, 2018

RFE: beginning of December, 2018

Approval date: ?

Sent to NVC: January 14th, 2019

We got RFE because in my country, birth certificate is not a hardcopy certificate. You go to Civil Records Office and submit a request for a print of your civil records (birth, marriage, divorce..etc) with the reason you need it. My mom wrote “to be submitted to American authorities for immigration” so they’ve printed the English version of it for her and stamped / signed it. 

She got an RFE for not sending the original but only the translation! 

So in December, my mom wrote the reason “personal use” and got a copy in her country’s language, then paid a translation office (to English again.) Then it got approved by USCIS. Crazy but true, what a comedy!

Great information, really appreciate the help and support. Thank you so much. 

Timeline

Seems an Expedite was applied for, not obtained.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.