VA-FEB 13 FILER

March 2019 Filers of I-130 for Parents IR5 of U.S Citizens

149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline
Just now, mary_ann said:

Yes they usually would send an email after 2-3 months if all required documents have been reviewed, if not they will ask for the documents you are missing. 

Nice!!! It’s been a year I think! My father is just waiting now for an appointment date, but I just submitted a missing document for my mother’s case. I am hoping they would still have the same appointment dates. 

Yes, it's been a while since my case closed in NVC. It closed back on April 2020 so yeah a little bit more than a year. It's crazy how they notified me just yesterday about the interview date and their appointment is already in a week and a half. It gives them very little time to get their medical exams done.

4 hours ago, Irvin Aguilar said:

Yes, it's been a while since my case closed in NVC. It closed back on April 2020 so yeah a little bit more than a year. It's crazy how they notified me just yesterday about the interview date and their appointment is already in a week and a half. It gives them very little time to get their medical exams done.

If they can’t schedule their medical before the interview then they can still do it afterwards.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, Milasa said:

If they can’t schedule their medical before the interview then they can still do it afterwards.

I did not know they could do that but I also heard that they can just attend the interview and they will not make a decision until they have received the medical results.

13 minutes ago, Irvin Aguilar said:

I did not know they could do that but I also heard that they can just attend the interview and they will not make a decision until they have received the medical results.

Depends on the embassy/consulate.  Best to check prior to the interview.  The US embassy in Manila, for example, will not allow applicants to interview before they complete their medical.

On 6/28/2021 at 2:05 PM, Irvin Aguilar said:

Parents appointment was reschedule by the embassy :( Interview was set for July 2nd now they moved it to August 10th 🤦‍♀️

Did they give a reason for the rescheduling?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! question please...  Mom's interview appointment Is on November 15  (Manila). I just received the email today. Does she really have to have medical done 2 weeks before the interview? How long will be the wait again if we reschedule it? It's been 2 yrs and 7 months journey here. Hoping for your replies, thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.