43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, Jorgedig said:

There really is no way to know whether they have seen the updated documents or not.  Even if they have, it could take awhile to reach a decision.  

I have one question 

In 221g letter there is one point like 

- list of guests you invited,their relationship, address and contact number 

So there is near around 900 guests 

So I have to give all list..?

In some of relatives I don't know bcz they are uncle's friend, friend of the friend, 

Means My family knows all relatives but how can i know to all

Can anyone suggest me what should I do..?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 4:54 AM, United2019 said:

Hi Rimha : Is your case still in AP? 

Yes, still in Ap with last update on 4 Apr.

It’s been almost 1.5 months and I usually had 2-3 updates in a week but no updates since Apr 4. Passport tracking is still confusing and stuck on blank document delivery information.

Prayers for all.

• 3 months later...
Timeline
1 hour ago, ilovelondon said:

update means some one reviewed the case ,right?mine only one update on which the day  they got my passport and requested evidence.Still AP now.they ignore me.

Yes! It may mean someone is looking at your case. 

Hang in there! Be patient, my friend. Updates are usually a good sign. 

You make get a series of updates and status changes before a decision is made. How many days have you been in AP for? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ilovelondon said:

congrats! 4 months AP.they gave you blue sheet in Apr.?

Thank you!! Yes, 4 months in AP felt like FOREVER! 

In regards to the sheet color, they had given us a white 221G paper in March. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Vik1992 said:

Yes! It may mean someone is looking at your case. 

Hang in there! Be patient, my friend. Updates are usually a good sign. 

You make get a series of updates and status changes before a decision is made. How many days have you been in AP for? 

since 28th June

Timeline
On 7/21/2019 at 6:36 AM, SahM said:

Hello @Vik1992 I've been in AP from the Mumbai Embassy since June 7th. Do u think that's the normal wait time currently at the Mumbai embassy for AP? 

Hi SahM,

Were you given any reason(s) on your 221G letter? 

In reality, there is no "normal" wait time for AP.  AP can be a few hours, days, months, or even years. The timing goes on a case-by-case basis. 

The only advice I can provide is just be patient! I had to wait 4 months for my case to be complete. Others cases I have read about have taken a few weeks to a few months.

If you get past the 60 (business) days mark, I would suggest contacting your local congressperson/senator. I did not use this option, but there are many threads on VJ that can help you out.  @Greenbaum, is also very knowledgeable and can be helpful on general questions. 

Also, keep in mind, Mumbai Embassy is a very busy Embassy.  They have to conduct new interviews everyday, and then eventually they will get to the previous cases. 

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. I hope your process goes by quickly and painlessly.  

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2019 at 8:03 PM, Vik1992 said:

Hi Rimha,

Like you, I am also on Day 12 of AP, with no end in sight. I have yet to receive any updates. :(

I am sorry you are going through this. The CO only asked my wife a series of question, asked for wedding photos and none of the AOS items. I was quite shocked to hear we got a 221G and were asked to re-interview, because I thought we were over prepared. :

I get it; It is their job, and they are protecting the individual and the citizens of the US, but it is difficult being so far away from our loved one. You are fortunate that they asked for more documentation. In my case, nothing was said/explained or nothing more was asked. Therefore, our situation is a bit scarier. 

Please do stay in contact and let me know how you case unfolds. Prayers  and positive thoughts for both of us. 

On 7/21/2019 at 1:06 AM, SahM said:

Hello @Vik1992 I've been in AP from the Mumbai Embassy since June 7th. Do u think that's the normal wait time currently at the Mumbai embassy for AP? 

I been in AP since June 9 2019 I am from Liberia,my last update is January 5,2021 hope I get issue this year is really stressed full 🙏😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.