Debzib88

Has anybody been pregnant whilst waiting for their i130?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Oh I know where Bellingham is, nature must be beautiful. 

Rob still misses UK food, but very often I order things for him online. Have been doing that all this time, so as soon as he runs out of jaffa cakes, cadbury crunches or irn-bru I get him some. Don't know if I will miss anything, so far nothing. But it has been only little over a week hehe. Baby shower would be nice, it is great that you have his family there. He doesn't have anybody here, just couple of work colleagues. We will have church wedding in summer and I'm already dreading who to invite.

Oh, and if you want to buy some baby clothes and bring it with you then just do it! My family and Rob were all telling me not to buy anything until I move, but I couldn't resist and I loved getting stuff for her. Whole suitcase in fact! Mothercare for example has beautiful things but they don't have it here and couple of more stores that I like they don't have in Portland or anywhere in the US.

We wanted a girl but also wanted to find out what she was when Rob and I are together. Then when at one of my scans I told doctor not to tell me, on purpose he kept using female pronouns for her and so our moment of surprise was ruined. But it really doesn't matter is it a boy or a girl, though I want to have 2 more girls hehe 

I tell Rob how this is our first of many, and he says how it is first of two. 

14 minutes ago, PelagijaP said:

Oh I know where Bellingham is, nature must be beautiful. 

Rob still misses UK food, but very often I order things for him online. Have been doing that all this time, so as soon as he runs out of jaffa cakes, cadbury crunches or irn-bru I get him some. Don't know if I will miss anything, so far nothing. But it has been only little over a week hehe. Baby shower would be nice, it is great that you have his family there. He doesn't have anybody here, just couple of work colleagues. We will have church wedding in summer and I'm already dreading who to invite.

Oh, and if you want to buy some baby clothes and bring it with you then just do it! My family and Rob were all telling me not to buy anything until I move, but I couldn't resist and I loved getting stuff for her. Whole suitcase in fact! Mothercare for example has beautiful things but they don't have it here and couple of more stores that I like they don't have in Portland or anywhere in the US.

We wanted a girl but also wanted to find out what she was when Rob and I are together. Then when at one of my scans I told doctor not to tell me, on purpose he kept using female pronouns for her and so our moment of surprise was ruined. But it really doesn't matter is it a boy or a girl, though I want to have 2 more girls hehe 

I tell Rob how this is our first of many, and he says how it is first of two. 

Yeah the scenery is beautiful. Ribena and quavers will be the things I miss oh and dairy milk lol yeah I have his family and a few friends that I met through him. I made friends with his friends partners. A summer wedding is lovely. We got married in a court house in Bellingham  may 31st and the weather was beautiful then. I'm so impatient already lol I want to find out what we're having so I can shop but temptation is sinking in and I don't think I'll be able To wait lol. I'm hoping they don't tell me what I'm having so I can tell him on FaceTime. But I'm going to try and record the scan so my husband can see. I want 2 babies and I'll be happy lol 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

Yeah the scenery is beautiful. Ribena and quavers will be the things I miss oh and dairy milk lol yeah I have his family and a few friends that I met through him. I made friends with his friends partners. A summer wedding is lovely. We got married in a court house in Bellingham  may 31st and the weather was beautiful then. I'm so impatient already lol I want to find out what we're having so I can shop but temptation is sinking in and I don't think I'll be able To wait lol. I'm hoping they don't tell me what I'm having so I can tell him on FaceTime. But I'm going to try and record the scan so my husband can see. I want 2 babies and I'll be happy lol 

Oh, our wedding was in a courthouse with his two colleagues as witnesses. I don't know why American men (and women!) have that ghastly habit of wearing baseball hats so much! Not only baseball hats but hats of all kind! In a beautiful court house room both our witnesses wore those and it took me a lot not to scream at them to take those bloody things off. In my country it is rude to wear it indoors, you usually only have them when doing some sports or if you are working in a garden.

For church wedding we will give them a longer notice so maybe they will skip hats this time hehe But if they wore them in March one might think they will wear them in June as well... Church wedding is not very necessary because neither of us is religious, but I would like to have a nice ceremony. We didn't even exchange rings yet because my fingers (you'll get there) are twice the size they were and I thought it is pointless to buy a ring now and to have it resized later.  

Don't forget to take pictures of your growing belly. I have them and it is so funny looking at them. I was 48 kg in the beginning and now I don't even dare saying! But it is all nice, I am not bothered about it. Just makes me giggle every time I see myself in the mirror :D

36 minutes ago, PelagijaP said:

Oh, our wedding was in a courthouse with his two colleagues as witnesses. I don't know why American men (and women!) have that ghastly habit of wearing baseball hats so much! Not only baseball hats but hats of all kind! In a beautiful court house room both our witnesses wore those and it took me a lot not to scream at them to take those bloody things off. In my country it is rude to wear it indoors, you usually only have them when doing some sports or if you are working in a garden.

For church wedding we will give them a longer notice so maybe they will skip hats this time hehe But if they wore them in March one might think they will wear them in June as well... Church wedding is not very necessary because neither of us is religious, but I would like to have a nice ceremony. We didn't even exchange rings yet because my fingers (you'll get there) are twice the size they were and I thought it is pointless to buy a ring now and to have it resized later.  

Don't forget to take pictures of your growing belly. I have them and it is so funny looking at them. I was 48 kg in the beginning and now I don't even dare saying! But it is all nice, I am not bothered about it. Just makes me giggle every time I see myself in the mirror :D

We had all his family and our friends at our court house wedding and we still all wore wedding clothes. The judge who married us was so lovely. And she cried when we were saying our vowels. I had my flowers specially made. Our colour theme was blue and white. I can't stand it when people wear hats in doors. And shoes 😅 I get so irritated lol I've put on 14lbs already since I found out I'm pregnant 🙈 Everybody just keeps feeding me 🤣 And I'm like well I'm not going to say no to cake lol. I've decided I'm just going to buy one of those buggies you can run with so I can burn off the donuts lol I want to take pictures but right now I look and feel like a wale 🤣 I think once my bump turns more into a bump i will definitely start taking pictures. Oh god I avoid mirrors lol 

Timeline

Don't worry about weight, it will go away after baby is born. I know my doctor was shocked when he saw how much I have gained in the last 2 months hehe.  Even though I really think it is not that bad, as if all the weight is in my belly. And some in my thighs 🤭

Rob 'innocently' bought a treadmill a week or so after we found out about the baby, but to my accusations that he got it only because he is afraid of me staying fat forever he says he bought it for himself..hmmm..I have never seen him using it! 

Blue and white must have looked beautiful in May. I saw a beautiful maxi dress the other day that I would buy for church and it was very light, gentle shade of blue. Dress for court house was black with a turtle neck and up to my knees. I have very short bob so it looked nice with long sparkly earrings,  even though my dad called me 3 times to try to persuade me to go and buy something else. Didn't like it when I told him it is black, not realising I was being practical. Again, getting all sweaty in 5 seconds flat is one of the things this little British bulldog in my belly has done to me. 

Get some maternity leggings, I wear them around the house and they are really comfortable. H&M also has a big choice of jeans, I think it was around 30$ for one pair. You will see how comfortable they are when belly starts growing. 

Its actually not good for you or the baby to gain more than 30-35lbs total.  I gained close to 60 and had complications with birth and it took forever to get rid of. I wish id eaten better and kept active.  But my life at the time made it difficult. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

3 minutes ago, PelagijaP said:

Don't worry about weight, it will go away after baby is born. I know my doctor was shocked when he saw how much I have gained in the last 2 months hehe.  Even though I really think it is not that bad, as if all the weight is in my belly. And some in my thighs 🤭

Rob 'innocently' bought a treadmill a week or so after we found out about the baby, but to my accusations that he got it only because he is afraid of me staying fat forever he says he bought it for himself..hmmm..I have never seen him using it! 

Blue and white must have looked beautiful in May. I saw a beautiful maxi dress the other day that I would buy for church and it was very light, gentle shade of blue. Dress for court house was black with a turtle neck and up to my knees. I have very short bob so it looked nice with long sparkly earrings,  even though my dad called me 3 times to try to persuade me to go and buy something else. Didn't like it when I told him it is black, not realising I was being practical. Again, getting all sweaty in 5 seconds flat is one of the things this little British bulldog in my belly has done to me. 

Get some maternity leggings, I wear them around the house and they are really comfortable. H&M also has a big choice of jeans, I think it was around 30$ for one pair. You will see how comfortable they are when belly starts growing. 

I'm not stressing too much about weight David fscetimes me and last night he facetimed he after he had been out drinking with his friends and was like "please stay like this after the baby you look weird skinny" 🤣I was just like thanks babe. But looking like a marshmallow is something I really don't want to continue looking like. Yeah it was a lovely colour theme and the pictures came out nice. We only sent uscis 5 pictures and a letter of how we met and we was approved. I know some people panic and like to send in loads of proof. But we were so relaxed and confident with our case. Ooooh that sounds nice. Black is one of my favourite colours lol and if I could have got married in black and got away with it I would off lol ohhh bless ya I've noticed I get out of breath a lot quicker. I'm needing the toilet more and I'm always cold. I was so convinced I would be hot all the time. But my bodies gone completely the other way. I'm living in sweat pants and leggings at the moment. I've given up on my jeans I was asking the baby to breath in with me so I could get them on because I just couldn't come to terms with them not fitting. But now there's no chance I don't even try.  There in the bottom of my wardrobe and they can stay their collecting dust 🤣 

1 minute ago, NikLR said:

Its actually not good for you or the baby to gain more than 30-35lbs total.  I gained close to 60 and had complications with birth and it took forever to get rid of. I wish id eaten better and kept active.  But my life at the time made it difficult. 

Ohh really. I'm sorry to hear that, I've gained 14lbs and not to worried about the weight I gain. It's gonna happen regardles, I think I'd be more worried if I wasn't putting any on or if I was loosing it. I'm pretty active, I walk to the cupboards lol I'm joking I tend to walk everywhere. Luckily I don't drive so if I have to go out I have to use my legs. I don't eat too bad, and I avoid fizzy drinks. It's my family, their just bad influences and make me eat 🤣 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Heeeey I'm so glad I found this! I'm due mid June as well, first baby - and we're currently in the middle of the K1 process. We literally found out a couple of days after he asked me to marry him that we have a little human on the way :D He's back home in Hawaii right now to set everything up (we were working abroad before) but even with the timelines currently moving faster there's almost no chance to be over in the US before our baby is due, so we decided it was best for me to go back to Germany, where I was born. I don't have to tell you how tough it can get emotionally sometimes, right? I visited in December, he just came over for two weeks in late feb/march, next time will be end of May. We're so excited for the baby, but dealing with waiting for a visa, first time pregnancy and a long distance relationship all at the same time can get a bit much - especially since we used to live together before. Oh and I left the place where I was born in Germany a loooong time ago, so after years of living and working at the beach, small town industrial Germany without a social life is a bit of a challenge to say the least. 

Anyways, I am so happy to know that there are other couples in similar situations, it somehow makes it all a bit easier ❤️ After all we have little mini humans in our bellies that are 50% us and 50% the man of our dreams, so life is pretty good! It's difficult to feel like life is on hold a bit, but it's all gonna be so worth it in the end. I don't really have much to contribute to this discussion yet (when it comes to advice) since we're still waiting for our NOA2, but I will most likely have my medical right before giving birth or shortly after and frankly, I just wanted to be part of the conversation :D 

15 hours ago, Kat & K said:

Heeeey I'm so glad I found this! I'm due mid June as well, first baby - and we're currently in the middle of the K1 process. We literally found out a couple of days after he asked me to marry him that we have a little human on the way :D He's back home in Hawaii right now to set everything up (we were working abroad before) but even with the timelines currently moving faster there's almost no chance to be over in the US before our baby is due, so we decided it was best for me to go back to Germany, where I was born. I don't have to tell you how tough it can get emotionally sometimes, right? I visited in December, he just came over for two weeks in late feb/march, next time will be end of May. We're so excited for the baby, but dealing with waiting for a visa, first time pregnancy and a long distance relationship all at the same time can get a bit much - especially since we used to live together before. Oh and I left the place where I was born in Germany a loooong time ago, so after years of living and working at the beach, small town industrial Germany without a social life is a bit of a challenge to say the least. 

Anyways, I am so happy to know that there are other couples in similar situations, it somehow makes it all a bit easier ❤️ After all we have little mini humans in our bellies that are 50% us and 50% the man of our dreams, so life is pretty good! It's difficult to feel like life is on hold a bit, but it's all gonna be so worth it in the end. I don't really have much to contribute to this discussion yet (when it comes to advice) since we're still waiting for our NOA2, but I will most likely have my medical right before giving birth or shortly after and frankly, I just wanted to be part of the conversation :D 

Aw bless you, yeah it's an emotional rollercoaster that's for sure. But it's definitely nice knowing their are other mommas to be out there in similar situations. It's the kind of replies I was hoping for lol it's good to make friends in these times especially people experiencing the same kind of things. Before I found this site I felt alone. No one really understands what your going through unless they are in a long distance relationship too. I just can't wait to close the distance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 3/17/2019 at 12:33 PM, Debzib88 said:

Aw bless you, yeah it's an emotional rollercoaster that's for sure. But it's definitely nice knowing their are other mommas to be out there in similar situations. It's the kind of replies I was hoping for lol it's good to make friends in these times especially people experiencing the same kind of things. Before I found this site I felt alone. No one really understands what your going through unless they are in a long distance relationship too. I just can't wait to close the distance.

Yessss it's so helpful to have some people around that are going through the same thing, even though it's "just" online. Where are you guys gonna live in the US? How's your baby doing? Mine is kicking up a storm, it's a full on jiu-juitsu practice in there :D 29 weeks now, time is probably going to fly..and my fiancé will be back end of may! When are you gonna see your husband again?

1 hour ago, Kat & K said:

Yessss it's so helpful to have some people around that are going through the same thing, even though it's "just" online. Where are you guys gonna live in the US? How's your baby doing? Mine is kicking up a storm, it's a full on jiu-juitsu practice in there :D 29 weeks now, time is probably going to fly..and my fiancé will be back end of may! When are you gonna see your husband again?

We're going to be living in Bellingham in WA what about you? Baby's doing good kicking about and stuff already 😅Which is great considering I'm only 16 weeks lol time really does go by fast, aww not too much longer and then you will be back with your fiancé 😊 The next time I see my husband will be either when my visa is approved and I can move to America. Or when the baby is born. It sucks being apart. But we're used to it now. Luckily we've always been in a position where we were able to stay with each other for long period of times, so it makes up for the time we spend apart.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.