Vvee

I-130 Filers March 2019

643 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Tsp11022019 said:

We finally got approved today. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. But yes, we’re very happy and very grateful! 
we didn’t receive any mail. We checked online and the status still shows in process. But in the documents section, we could see the approval notice. 
Any comments on what should we be expecting now? 

Congrats!!! I am happy for you! We are still waiting :( 

2 hours ago, BobanaP said:

Congrats!!! I am happy for you! We are still waiting :( 

Congratulation, when I saw your post I looked at my parents IR-5 and I Jump cause it was approve 4 days ago, I checked other day but all I saw was still on process but I didn’t realize the document section .. so happy and thankful! Getting closer! 

19 hours ago, Tsp11022019 said:

We finally got approved today. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. But yes, we’re very happy and very grateful! 
we didn’t receive any mail. We checked online and the status still shows in process. But in the documents section, we could see the approval notice. 
Any comments on what should we be expecting now? 

That's amazing news! Congratulations!!  I imagine you'll get notice from NVC in a few weeks? Your letter may be delayed because of Thanksgiving. 

my partner is in the US this week for the holiday so we called USCIS again. The man we spoke to was really nice but all he could say was "the good news is, according to our published timelines you should be approved in just 3 months!". I am hoping he *has* to say that and we won't be one of the unlucky ones waiting 11 months for approval.  Also hoping our case isn't missing somewhere

Stupid question-- i don't have a "documents" tab in my USCIS account-- only "case status" and "case history". Did you always have a "Documents" tab, or did it just appear when you got your approval? 

On 11/30/2019 at 2:25 AM, Gemm said:

Congratulation, when I saw your post I looked at my parents IR-5 and I Jump cause it was approve 4 days ago, I checked other day but all I saw was still on process but I didn’t realize the document section .. so happy and thankful! Getting closer! 

Congratulations! And glad that I could help! :)

On 11/30/2019 at 8:12 PM, shallot343 said:

That's amazing news! Congratulations!!  I imagine you'll get notice from NVC in a few weeks? Your letter may be delayed because of Thanksgiving. 

my partner is in the US this week for the holiday so we called USCIS again. The man we spoke to was really nice but all he could say was "the good news is, according to our published timelines you should be approved in just 3 months!". I am hoping he *has* to say that and we won't be one of the unlucky ones waiting 11 months for approval.  Also hoping our case isn't missing somewhere

Stupid question-- i don't have a "documents" tab in my USCIS account-- only "case status" and "case history". Did you always have a "Documents" tab, or did it just appear when you got your approval? 

I had a conversation with Bobbana the other day. It seems like you can see the document section if you have the IOE number. Do you have IOE or SRC?

Hey guys!

Is there any site where I can see the average number of days taken by NVC to process the case? (Just like uscis at approval stage).

Also, where can I know how much time it is taking them to schedule interviews for my specific country?

I need some estimate on how much more time is this going to take. I’d be grateful if you guys could share some inputs. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello ...

My wife, who is my petitioner, is going to present her taxes for the first time, who is helping her with this procedure says that she must present them as single since there is no information about me in the USA ... Someone who can indicate us about this, it is the first time she files her taxes because she lived here in Colombia.

Thank you very much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, Andres Gipo said:

Hello ...

My wife, who is my petitioner, is going to present her taxes for the first time, who is helping her with this procedure says that she must present them as single since there is no information about me in the USA ... Someone who can indicate us about this, it is the first time she files her taxes because she lived here in Colombia.

Thank you very much.

A million times NO. Whoever is helping her, she needs to stop taking advice from them. She absolutely CANNOT file as single for her taxes while married. That would be tax fraud. She has 2 choices, apply for an ITIN for you so she can file "married filing jointly" with you (takes a few weeks), or she can print out all of her tax forms, file "married filing separately", write "NRA" where your (spouse's) SSN would usually go, and mail her forms in to the IRS. Those are her ONLY two options. She cannot cannot cannot file single while married

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
On 12/3/2019 at 3:36 AM, Tsp11022019 said:

Hey guys!

Is there any site where I can see the average number of days taken by NVC to process the case? (Just like uscis at approval stage).

Also, where can I know how much time it is taking them to schedule interviews for my specific country?

I need some estimate on how much more time is this going to take. I’d be grateful if you guys could share some inputs. Thanks!

You can check here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

It gives a pretty accurate representation, though for some people it can take longer or shorter. The usual time frame for most people is 4-6 weeks, but some can take 7 or 8 weeks and some (very few) take just a few hours or days, and some just a couple weeks. But 4-6 is the norm

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Andres Gipo said:

Hello ...

Thank you very much.

I filed "HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD" on my taxes 3x's before my husband got here. She don't have file single nor married on her taxes. Don't let ppl tell her that. Then once you get here she can go back and amend her taxes and your name to them for the years you all was married. The IRS will owe her some money. Because you'll are married which makes you a added dependent.

Edited by Ms.F.Brown1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 9:36 AM, Tsp11022019 said:

Hey guys!

Hi @Tsp11022019 !

We finally got approved today, after 287 days. Did you receive your case# from NVC yet? Did your online status change to “case was sent to the Department of State”? How long did it change from “case was approved” ?

55 minutes ago, BobanaP said:

Hi @Tsp11022019 !

We finally got approved today, after 287 days. Did you receive your case# from NVC yet? Did your online status change to “case was sent to the Department of State”? How long did it change from “case was approved” ?

Congratulations!!! Hopefully it will all be smooth sailing now 🤞

we are still waiting but I'm hopeful now that we are seeing another March approval! did you receive the letter or receive a text/email or just check your case status online?  The official USCIS  site says they are processing early March, but I really hope we don't have to send in an "out of processing times" request because I know that only results in more waiting. 

3 hours ago, shallot343 said:

Congratulations!!! Hopefully it will all be smooth sailing now 🤞

we are still waiting but I'm hopeful now that we are seeing another March approval! did you receive the letter or receive a text/email or just check your case status online?  The official USCIS  site says they are processing early March, but I really hope we don't have to send in an "out of processing times" request because I know that only results in more waiting. 

Thank you!!! Online status changed, we still haven’t received notice in the mail. 

I really hope you hear the good news soon. I felt completely left out since many couples who applied at the same period as us are now in their final phase, waiting for an interview. But I am still so happy! I was afraid something was missing, but now I guess they maybe had to do large background check for me since I used to be a foreign exchange student in the US for a year back in 2010. I don’t know any other reason why this took so long.

Timeline
On 12/12/2019 at 11:27 PM, Ms.F.Brown1 said:

I filed "HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD" on my taxes 3x's before my husband got here. She don't have file single nor married on her taxes. Don't let ppl tell her that. Then once you get here she can go back and amend her taxes and your name to them for the years you all was married. The IRS will owe her some money. Because you'll are married which makes you a added dependent.

Only applies for those who meet the criteria for HOH, not everyone meets these criteria. Either way she can’t file as single no way no how 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.