Some dude

Best (cheapest) way to divorce

15 posts in this topic

Hey all, I am looking for the cheapest way to divorce my wife. We got married in Cavite about a year ago. I petitioned for here to come to the usa, and it got approved. Unfortunately  I found out she was lying to me big time about a lot of things. I am happy I found this out now before she came to the states. A few months ago I moved to SE Asia (not PH) and plan to continue living here. What is my cheapest option?

Unfortunately there is no divorce in the Philippines. Hire an Attorney and file an annulment in the Philippines. I think that is the only way to end the marriage. I heard you need 150,000 pesos to file and process. 

14 minutes ago, Lirfita said:

Unfortunately there is no divorce in the Philippines. Hire an Attorney and file an annulment in the Philippines. I think that is the only way to end the marriage. I heard you need 150,000 pesos to file and process. 

For the past year divorce taken place outside PH is recognized. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Some dude said:

For the past year divorce taken place outside PH is recognized. 

Yeah i heard a friend of mine came to US as tourist then she fell inlove with american guy n divorced her husband in PH it only took 6 months for them to have the divorce paper shes now a US citizen

She file the divorce here in US.. she didnt went home 

Edited by brien0512

4 hours ago, Some dude said:

Hey all, I am looking for the cheapest way to divorce my wife. We got married in Cavite about a year ago. I petitioned for here to come to the usa, and it got approved. Unfortunately  I found out she was lying to me big time about a lot of things. I am happy I found this out now before she came to the states. A few months ago I moved to SE Asia (not PH) and plan to continue living here. What is my cheapest option?

Check into the laws of your state .. and find the cheapest way there.   It is that simple

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

12 hours ago, Lirfita said:

More like 250,000 pesos and 2 years.  I don't think the OP needs that.  He can just file for divorce in Hong Kong.  It won't be recognized in the Philippines without the expensive and lengthy "recognition of foreign divorce" but the rest of the world will see him as free to marry again.  

June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

January 22, 2019 -  NOA-2 

February 7, 2019 -  NVC Received

March 14, 2019 -  NVC Case Number Assigned

March 15, 2019 -  Paid AOS 

March 15, 2019 -  Paid IV Fee 

March 16, 2019 -  Expedite Request Accepted. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

IMG_6043.jpeg.f00e0714733e6533148a7bb56d286460.jpeg

28 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

More like 250,000 pesos and 2 years.  I don't think the OP needs that.  He can just file for divorce in Hong Kong.  It won't be recognized in the Philippines without the expensive and lengthy "recognition of foreign divorce" but the rest of the world will see him as free to marry again.  

No residency there to file for divorce?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

19 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

No residency there to file for divorce?

Looking it up, I see some hurdles.  

Jurisdiction in divorce

The court shall have jurisdiction in proceedings for divorce under the Matrimonial Causes Ordinance if-

1. (a) either of the parties to the marriage was domiciled in Hong Kong at the date of the petition or application;
  2. (b) either of the parties to the marriage was habitually resident in Hong Kong throughout the period of 3 years immediately preceding the date of the petition or application; or
  3. (c) either of the parties to the marriage had a substantial connection with Hong Kong at the date of the petition or application.

https://www.judiciary.hk/en/court_services_facilities/divorce.html

7 minutes ago, Talako said:

Looking it up, I see some hurdles.  

Jurisdiction in divorce

The court shall have jurisdiction in proceedings for divorce under the Matrimonial Causes Ordinance if-

1. (a) either of the parties to the marriage was domiciled in Hong Kong at the date of the petition or application;
  2. (b) either of the parties to the marriage was habitually resident in Hong Kong throughout the period of 3 years immediately preceding the date of the petition or application; or
  3. (c) either of the parties to the marriage had a substantial connection with Hong Kong at the date of the petition or application.

https://www.judiciary.hk/en/court_services_facilities/divorce.html

Doesn't Texas allow divorces ?   :wacko:  

Hank

HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

Just now, Talako said:

They issue shovels.

I was responding to John and Chris's Hong Kong suggestion and query by looking up HK divorce rules.

Ya was going to respond to that as well ... asking WHY go to HK  ????

Shovels.... :lol:     Sort of like in AZ ;)  

Hank

On 3/8/2019 at 4:24 PM, Hank_ said:

Check into the laws of your state .. and find the cheapest way there.   It is that simple

I will check into the laws. Currently I am overseas and not planning to go back. But I have family that can help if needed. 

thanks

2 hours ago, Some dude said:

I will check into the laws. Currently I am overseas and not planning to go back. But I have family that can help if needed. 

thanks

Ah .. I should read slower.  :oops:    You should then check into the divorce laws for the country you are living in, most having a residency requirement (much the same as most states).    

Hank

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:53 PM, Lirfita said:

150,000 is way to low and it will never get processed. 250,000 would be adequate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.