8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, so I received my Noa2 last month and I sent an email got my case#. I checked online and it says at NVC. When I read the portals and the pages its really all confusing and overwhelming. What exactly am I suppose to be doing right now? Please tell me in dummy terms because I don't know what I am doing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kenni said:

Ok, so I received my Noa2 last month and I sent an email got my case#. I checked online and it says at NVC. When I read the portals and the pages its really all confusing and overwhelming. What exactly am I suppose to be doing right now? Please tell me in dummy terms because I don't know what I am doing

Gather evidence for the interview, when the status goes "in transit" it is on the way to the consulate.

NVC ships files to the consulates every other week on Tues/Wed

YMMV

2 hours ago, Kenni said:

Start gathering things like police certificates.  You can also fill out the DS-160 and pay the MRV fee.  From there you wait for directions from the Embassy on what is required to set the interview.  Do not do medical until you have the interview set.  Make sure medical is done with enough time to get the medical report to the embassy before the interview.  This time varies country to country.  Some take a couple weeks and some are hand carried by the beneficiary.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Thank You @John & Rose I have the receipts for the wedding I have an invitation for the wedding put I had to change the date due to immigration but I also have a few chat logs my plane tickets his proof of sending me money my check stubs and tax transcripts (so I think the proof I have) he did the police report when so I guess I need to figure out this DS160 that I started but was so confused on

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
On 2/27/2019 at 7:53 PM, John & Rose said:

Start gathering things like police certificates.  You can also fill out the DS-160 and pay the MRV fee.  From there you wait for directions from the Embassy on what is required to set the interview.  Do not do medical until you have the interview set.  Make sure medical is done with enough time to get the medical report to the embassy before the interview.  This time varies country to country.  Some take a couple weeks and some are hand carried by the beneficiary.

As said above, check with the Embassy -  https://jm.usembassy.gov/ what is a procedure there (asking in a local subforum can be handy as well - https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/153-caribbean/ )

13 hours ago, Kenni said:

Thank You @John & Rose I have the receipts for the wedding I have an invitation for the wedding put I had to change the date due to immigration but I also have a few chat logs my plane tickets his proof of sending me money my check stubs and tax transcripts (so I think the proof I have) he did the police report when so I guess I need to figure out this DS160 that I started but was so confused on

DS160 is for the beneficiary not petitioner (just to clear this out, you are a USC aka petitioner). 

In general, for the interview beneficiary should present:

-  the i-134 form, signed by the sponsor (USC) with the supporting documents (like employment letter, tax transcript etc),

- proofs of ongoing relationship (so after the orginal petition was submitted - letters,  boarding passes, photos, hotel receipts - anything that proofs that you maintain your relationship),

- originals of documents submitted  in original pettition (like divorce decree etc),

- police clearance certificate from any country beneficiary lived for more than 6 months after 16yr,

- birth certificate of beneficiary,

- visa photos of beneficiary. 

As I mentioned the requirement documents can be slighty vary depending on the Embassy. That is why it is important to check the Embassy website and Jamaican subforum :) Some documents, as you see, have to be shipped from you to the beneficiary (you can start working on that). 

As it comes to medicial, it is done according to the Embassy rules. So again, the beneficiary will be informed by the Embassy. Again checking on the Embassy website and on the Jamaican subforum will not hurt :)    

Good luck!

Timeline
15 hours ago, Kenni said:

Make sure that you have pictures of the two of you together. My fiance had his interview last Friday and that's one thing that everyone was being asked for as well. Don't forget to have your fiance get the certificate of non impediment if he hasn't already.  I will help you with any questions that you have if I can so feel free to inbox me or just ask on here!

Edited by NicholeT

Timeline

thank you @NicholeT so he did the security and No Impdmnt Im going down there next week and will have my polaroid camera for more pictures I just got an email saying in transit. So should we do the DS160 then the medical?

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Kenni said:

thank you @NicholeT so he did the security and No Impdmnt Im going down there next week and will have my polaroid camera for more pictures I just got an email saying in transit. So should we do the DS160 then the medical?

Yes the DS160 can be completed now if you would like just remember that it has to be submitted by your fiance from JA. We waited until our status changed to ready before we made the appoint for the interview or scheduled medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.