Jump to content
mimran

K1 Visa after interview case status still shows ready

39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My Fiancé had interview for K1 visa at US consulate Islamabad on Jan 15th 2019 and after the interview co kept her passport and gave her 221g marked other and wrote there case review and told her he need to further review her case and will let her in 2 weeks with out saying anything if she is approved or not  , since that case status still shows ready. it had two updates, one on 15th jan and 2nd on 22 jan. after that there is no update. its been a month and there is no further update. i called NVC and asked what is last update and they told me that her case is in AP. She called the embassy and they told her to email for any update and she did email couple of time and there is no repose from embassy. Is there any one else has or had same situation and how long it take and whats the best way to contact embassy to get any update. any advice what should i do next ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact your state senator to inquire about your case.

 

For me, my senator's had a constituent services page where I could fill out a request for them to contact on my behalf. 

You could also call the senator's office to ask for assistance and allow them to direct you as to their proper procedures.


Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙


God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s all about patience and wait game since am in same situation ((AP). I had been interviewed (F3 category) on Oct 23, 2018 and last status updated Nov 8, 2018. After that no changes to case. Embassy don’t even give any timeframe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same story. I had an interview on Jan 17th (spouse visa) and CO told me that you will get a visa in 1 month. It's been 1.5 months and I got nothing except 2 updates and the last update was on 27th Jan. Also, I emailed them yesterday but heard nothing yet.

Just stay hopeful and wait :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sciencedaan said:

Same story. I had an interview on Jan 17th (spouse visa) and CO told me that you will get a visa in 1 month. It's been 1.5 months and I got nothing except 2 updates and the last update was on 27th Jan. Also, I emailed them yesterday but heard nothing yet.

Just stay hopeful and wait :)

Which category  visa ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are in same situation.  We had our k1 interview on Jan 16 in ISL, and received 221 g with CO saying that we need to do some further processing.  No documents requested on 221 g, but kept passport.  Since than status is READY, and date only updated once on Jan 24th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

Contact your state senator to inquire about your case.

 

For me, my senator's had a constituent services page where I could fill out a request for them to contact on my behalf. 

You could also call the senator's office to ask for assistance and allow them to direct you as to their proper procedures.

Thanks for advice. i will try to contact my senator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**Moved from What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration to Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g); topic is related to 221g**


03639.png                  

 🇷🇺  CR-1 via DCF in Moscow* (2016-2017) 🇺🇸 Info about my DCF experience here and here.

Spoiler

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad (USC + Russian husband) 👩‍❤️‍👨
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

 

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED.

 

I-90 GC Replacment (for Erroneous GC)

22-Jul-2017: GC arrives in the mail – error in middle name 😕

01-Aug-2017: Sent in I-90 online via website

05-Aug-2017: Biometrics scheduled

23-Aug-2017: Biometrics done @ USCIS office; told to keep GC!

16-Jul-2018: RFE for original card!! 🤬

31-Jul-2018: USCIS Appointment at local field office..

22-Aug-2018: Mailed GC back to USCIS in response to RFE

29-Aug-2018: GC received by USCIS

17-Sep-2018: Received CORRECTED GC in the mail! Finally!! 😂

 

📑 I-751 Removal of Conditions - NBC (Apr-2019-???) 📝 MSC I-751 filers: Track your case here!

Spoiler

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office  

??-???-2019: TBA...

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens! 🇺🇸

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AKUZ said:

We are in same situation.  We had our k1 interview on Jan 16 in ISL, and received 221 g with CO saying that we need to do some further processing.  No documents requested on 221 g, but kept passport.  Since than status is READY, and date only updated once on Jan 24th.

did you try to contact embassy and what co check marked on 221g ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mimran said:

 

No I have not contacted anyone because on embassy website it says to wait 60 days before inquiring.  Only 1 checked box on 221 g  that says we need to do more processing.  Nothing else checked or written except data and ISLxxxx case number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My fiance's interview was on January 14th and she was told that it would take 1-2 weeks and she was approved with nothing requested. CEAC status went from application received right away to administrative processing on January 30th to issued on February 28th (Alhumdulillah). This means that they're really backed up and someone who had an interview after was approved before me. If they're not asking for anything which is a good thing, then I would just sit tight and make dua that in sha Allah everything happens in accordance to Allah's plan and Allah knows best. 

Edited by Mohammed26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohammed26 said:

My fiance's interview was on January 14th and she was told that it would take 1-2 weeks and she was approved with nothing requested. CEAC status went from application received right away to administrative processing on January 30th to issued on February 28th (Alhumdulillah). This means that they're really backed up and someone who had an interview after was approved before me. If they're not asking for anything which is a good thing, then I would just sit tight and make dua that in sha Allah everything happens in accordance to Allah's plan and Allah knows best. 

Congrats, did co informed her i mean your Fiancé  right after interview that her visa is approved or co kept her passport and gave her 221g ?  My Fiancé status is still showing same Ready. i am hoping to hear some good news soon inshaAllah as its already more than one and half month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mimran said:

Congrats, did co informed her i mean your Fiancé  right after interview that her visa is approved or co kept her passport and gave her 221g ?  My Fiancé status is still showing same Ready. i am hoping to hear some good news soon inshaAllah as its already more than one and half month.

She was told that she was approved and would receive in 1-2 weeks but again it took 6 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...