mimran

K1 Visa after interview case status still shows ready

41 posts in this topic

No update for us, 56 days so far since interview. 

Interview 1/16

date update 1/24

No update since than and status continually READY since 1/16

Hope, Despair, Depression, Resolve - all range of emotions with in a day 🙂

Good Luck Everyone 🙂  Hope you all get your visas quickly. 🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 9:13 AM, AKUZ said:

@mimran  Any update on your case?

yes and its not a good news. my Fiance k1 visa got refused and i am still in shock. it was updated on 20th March and status shows refused and thats what it says Please see the letter you received at your interview for more information. 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

i dont know what to do . embassy still has my fiance passport. she hasn't received email or letter from embassy yet that her visa has been refused. at this moment i am really upset. now i have to talk to my attorney and see what other options i have or what to do next.  if you or some one else has any advise please do let me know

9 hours ago, mimran said:

yes and its not a good news. my Fiance k1 visa got refused and i am still in shock. it was updated on 20th March and status shows refused and thats what it says Please see the letter you received at your interview for more information. 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

i dont know what to do . embassy still has my fiance passport. she hasn't received email or letter from embassy yet that her visa has been refused. at this moment i am really upset. now i have to talk to my attorney and see what other options i have or what to do next.  if you or some one else has any advise please do let me know

@mimran Sometimes CEAC websites gives REFUSED status during processing, but it is not actually refused.  I know one more case in January 2019 where their status is refused since their interview but when they inquired through congressman and they were told that they are still under AP and their case is not refused.  If you search this website you will find several posts where case had refused status, and they got approved.  I know it is probably very stressful right now but don't give up hope.  Anyway not much you can do but wait.  There can be only two outcomes either ISSUED or SEND BACK TO NVC, and currently you don't have any of these statuses.    I think your refused  status is just one of the steps in AP processing and may change to something else as they process your case further.  Anyway lawyers will not be able to do anything in K1 processing, but it doesn't hurt to contact your congressman to get more detailed info, or at least verify that refused status is valid or not.

###### luck.  Hopefully everything will be ok and you will receive your K1 visa.   Please keep us posted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/22/2019 at 3:55 PM, AKUZ said:

@mimran Sometimes CEAC websites gives REFUSED status during processing, but it is not actually refused.  I know one more case in January 2019 where their status is refused since their interview but when they inquired through congressman and they were told that they are still under AP and their case is not refused.  If you search this website you will find several posts where case had refused status, and they got approved.  I know it is probably very stressful right now but don't give up hope.  Anyway not much you can do but wait.  There can be only two outcomes either ISSUED or SEND BACK TO NVC, and currently you don't have any of these statuses.    I think your refused  status is just one of the steps in AP processing and may change to something else as they process your case further.  Anyway lawyers will not be able to do anything in K1 processing, but it doesn't hurt to contact your congressman to get more detailed info, or at least verify that refused status is valid or not.

###### luck.  Hopefully everything will be ok and you will receive your K1 visa.   Please keep us posted.

mine situation is the same...my visa status also shows refused for further administrative processing and its been 5weeks now...they took my passport too..no further documents required...still on wait..i scheduled my interview by myself on 19th feb..is it can be the cause for A.P?

Edited by Rabia saqib

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.