Mother of Moomin

Knightsbridge medical completed!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/21/2019 at 10:43 PM, Halee said:

I had my medical yesterday at Knightsbridge’s and my experience echos the positive accounts shared by other users. It’s nowhere near invasive as one would imagine and the people working there really are lovely. One thing that really made the experience an easy one (other than turning up with everything they asked for) was the medical letter I acquired from my GP regarding my long history of depression and agoraphobia. The physician conducting the medical assessment remarked that the letter was excellent and provided all the necessary information. The only question I was asked was if I had received counselling to which my answer was no, I wasn’t questioned any further.

If you need a medical letter from your GP especially from one that doesn’t know you (as was the case with me) consider providing them with this outline and a note explaining your history in your own words and how you currently feel. It might provide some helpful insight and gives them something to refer to once you have left.

I just went to see my GP to request for a letter regarding my past depression and anxiety and he said he can't write one for me as (in his own words) he is a locum doctor and as the letter is for immigration purposes (I said I needed it for my medical exam for the k1 visa) that I'd have to pay for it privately. He said he would get someone to call me and organise it but that I would have to pay for the letter where they would assess me. I don't understand how everyone is getting these letters from their GPs! :( 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, VanillaCats said:

I just went to see my GP to request for a letter regarding my past depression and anxiety and he said he can't write one for me as (in his own words) he is a locum doctor and as the letter is for immigration purposes (I said I needed it for my medical exam for the k1 visa) that I'd have to pay for it privately. He said he would get someone to call me and organise it but that I would have to pay for the letter where they would assess me. I don't understand how everyone is getting these letters from their GPs! :( 

That sounds about right even though I can't see how being a locum has any bearing on anything. Paying for a medical letter is usually standard practice and will vary from surgery to surgery. I paid £15 for mine. 

When is your medical?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Halee said:

That sounds about right even though I can't see how being a locum has any bearing on anything. Paying for a medical letter is usually standard practice and will vary from surgery to surgery. I paid £15 for mine. 

When is your medical?

Okay, fair enough. I thought you got it for free. I haven't booked my medical yet. I'm planning on getting my documents sorted and my shots done before I book it. Are they busy right now? How soon did you get your medical booked? When you phoned, did they book you in for that month or much later?

Timeline
1 minute ago, VanillaCats said:

Okay, fair enough. I thought you got it for free. I haven't booked my medical yet. I'm planning on getting my documents sorted and my shots done before I book it. Are they busy right now? How soon did you get your medical booked? When you phoned, did they book you in for that month or much later?

I probably should have mentioned that!

Good thinking, I did the same thing as I wasn't sure how long it would take getting the medical letter (took two weeks).

I rang up on the 16th of February and I was booked in for my medical on the 20th (same month) I rang early in the morning and was on hold for 20 minutes. The last post I saw indicated March is still pretty much open for both medicals and interview appointments.

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.