DeeptiG

schengen visa on EAD/AP

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Why not just ask his employer to try and fix the visa from him. 

If his employer can somehow influence the German embassy to waive their legal status requirement for the OP, then sure, why not indeed.

Edited by Ate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ate said:

If his employer can somehow influence the German embassy to waive their legal status requirement for the OP, then sure, why not indeed.

That's not what I meant but if that's how you want to spin it go ahead. 

44 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Sounds like throwing money at a fire.

Sure, it's a hail mary option. But it addresses the main issue; the German embassy/consulates in the US requirement of US legal status to even consider the visa application. If OP goes to the German embassy in his/her country of citizenship then his/her lack of US status would not be an issue for that embassy to start to consider whether or not to issue a visa to OP. To the OP: we are assuming you are a citizen of India. To be safe, @Ate's post should start: "How about applying for the visa from the German embassy in your country of citizenship instead?"

Edited by accumbyte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Unidentified said:

That's not what I meant but if that's how you want to spin it go ahead. 

What exactly did you mean?  How will his employer "try and fix the visa from him" as you said?

We're suggesting options for the OP here.  I don't see how his employer can get around the German embassy's rules, but if you know of a way, then please share.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ate said:

What exactly did you mean?  How will his employer "try and fix the visa from him" as you said?

We're suggesting options for the OP here.  I don't see how his employer can get around the German embassy's rules, but if you know of a way, then please share.

As in: let the employer be responsible for trying to figure out if it's even possible for him to go to Germany or if they need to send someone else. It is they who are sending him, shouldn't they be the ones figuring this out?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, accumbyte said:

Sure, it's a hail mary option. But it addresses the main issue; the German embassy/consulates in the US requirement of US legal status to even consider the visa application. If OP goes to the German embassy in his/her country of citizenship then his/her lack of US status would not be an issue for that embassy to start to consider whether or not to issue a visa to OP. To the OP: we are assuming you are a citizen of India. To be safe, @Ate's post should start: "How about applying for the visa from the German embassy in your country of citizenship instead?"

It is his employer who wants him to go right? If it doesn't work out, they need to send someone else. OP shouldn't have to go all the way over to India just to get a visa for his job. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Fly to India, apply for his visa, if successful fly to Germany, if not fly to the US.

Simple.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I think OP is a she.. Deepti is a female first name common in India, but of course s/he could clarify but has chosen not to post recently. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

On 2/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, WeGuyGal said:

I think OP is a she.. Deepti is a female first name common in India, but of course s/he could clarify but has chosen not to post recently. 

Yes am a "she"

thank all for giving me inputs. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.