DannyT1991

Bonafide Marriage Evidence

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
39 minutes ago, DannyT1991 said:

you know the passport bit is that photocopys of the passport and photocopys of the birthcert

Yes, photocopies. Originals aren’t needed until the interview stage. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
4 hours ago, DannyT1991 said:

i have 2 passports a British one and a Portuguese one should i print every page of both of them they both have been stamped by the us border

Yes, since you would like to show all trips made to see spouse.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline
1 hour ago, DannyT1991 said:

thank i can i ask what did you send in your packet for example what forms and what evidence so me and my wife have an idea what to send

It's been 3 years since we sent in i-130, but we included the following:

* Notarized statement from petitioner describing how we met, relationship etc

* Years worth of phone call records from calling cards
* Facebook conversations and whatsapp conversations (not every single chat; more or less every other month or so to show continued communication)
* Pictures from all trips and, our engagement and our wedding.  Most pictures were with other people in them.  Pictures included family members and friends of both sides
* Flight itineraries and boarding passes of all trips to see each other, and hotel reservations/bills along with copies of both passports to show stamps matching up to trips
* Greeting cards to each other (Birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day etc)
* Life insurance policy showing applicant as beneficiary (social security number was not required)
* Retirement (401K) statement showing applicant as beneficiary (social security number was not required)
* Receipts of gifts bought for each other
* Confirmation of delivery for flowers bought for birthdays and Valentine's day
* Copy of same credit card of both beneficiary and petitioner (spouse was added as an authorized user [social security number is not needed for this])

Good luck!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

It's been 3 years since we sent in i-130, but we included the following:

* Notarized statement from petitioner describing how we met, relationship etc

* Years worth of phone call records from calling cards
* Facebook conversations and whatsapp conversations (not every single chat; more or less every other month or so to show continued communication)
* Pictures from all trips and, our engagement and our wedding.  Most pictures were with other people in them.  Pictures included family members and friends of both sides
* Flight itineraries and boarding passes of all trips to see each other, and hotel reservations/bills along with copies of both passports to show stamps matching up to trips
* Greeting cards to each other (Birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day etc)
* Life insurance policy showing applicant as beneficiary (social security number was not required)
* Retirement (401K) statement showing applicant as beneficiary (social security number was not required)
* Receipts of gifts bought for each other
* Confirmation of delivery for flowers bought for birthdays and Valentine's day
* Copy of same credit card of both beneficiary and petitioner (spouse was added as an authorized user [social security number is not needed for this])

Good luck!

We have everything else the only thing we don’t have is

same credit card

retirement statement 

and life insurance

is that okay?

also we really used physical flight tickets we mainly used e-tickets for our flight is that okay to show?  

Timeline
10 hours ago, DannyT1991 said:

We have everything else the only thing we don’t have is

same credit card

retirement statement 

and life insurance

is that okay?

also we really used physical flight tickets we mainly used e-tickets for our flight is that okay to show?  

Yes, you should be fine.  e-tickets are okay - just print out the itineraries.  I had saved all our boarding passes to show we took trips and sat next to each other.  You can show whatever you have.  As for the credit card, if you add your spouse as an authorized user, his/her name will be printed on a card with the same credit card number - their name will not be on the monthly statements.  I don't think it's critical; we sent in all that we had.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys,

Just wanted a little help. My interview is in April. 
I was in the process to collect all the photos , documents and proofs of our relationship. 
I am bit confused about the call history.  I just checked my Iphone and i could only see call history till the last week plus when i went on the whatsapp , it only shows calls till feb 19. 

Any idea how to recover call history on whatsapp or iphone ? 

Is call history really important ? Like my wife visited me twice after marriage and we went overseas for a holiday on the anniversary ( Just talking about the proofs) 

T.IA :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Duncan21 said:

Yes, you should be fine.  e-tickets are okay - just print out the itineraries.  I had saved all our boarding passes to show we took trips and sat next to each other.  You can show whatever you have.  As for the credit card, if you add your spouse as an authorized user, his/her name will be printed on a card with the same credit card number - their name will not be on the monthly statements.  I don't think it's critical; we sent in all that we had.

Thank you Duncan 😀

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi all

I am completing my application from adjustment from B1 visa to permanent resident. We got married in August 2018 and lived for the first six months in the Netherlands, for which we have a rental contract with both our names - no joint bank account tho.

Would the rental contract be ok, along with the photos + flight tickets (although can't match them with the stamps as we did lots of travelling within the EU)? We do have tons of conversations and phone calls but its mostly from before we got married, as later we just lived together and saw each other every day:). Not sure how crucial would be to attach those.

Adjustment of status from B2 visa
08/13/2018 Married in the Netherlands 
03/28/2019 Entered the US
04/27/2019 Sent AOS package (i-130, i-130a, i-485, i-864, i-864a, i-765, i131)
04/29/2019 Package received (UPS tracking)

05/10/2019 NOA1 (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765)

05/31/2019 Biometrics

8/24/2019 Received a Courtesy Letter

8/28/2019 Case updated to “Ready to schedule an interview”

8/29/2019 Case updated to “Interview was scheduled” 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hanna35 said:

Hi all

I am completing my application from adjustment from B1 visa to permanent resident. We got married in August 2018 and lived for the first six months in the Netherlands, for which we have a rental contract with both our names - no joint bank account tho.

Would the rental contract be ok, along with the photos + flight tickets (although can't match them with the stamps as we did lots of travelling within the EU)? We do have tons of conversations and phone calls but its mostly from before we got married, as later we just lived together and saw each other every day:). Not sure how crucial would be to attach those.

Yes, that should be fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, DannyT1991 said:

Hey Guys we need some advice 

so me and my wife got married on the 9th of February 2019 in Long beach and now i am back in the UK and we will start the visa process I-130 (CR1) soon.

Now we want some help

* we have a ton of photos from when we met 2016 to now 2019 (Wedding photos, trips to Rome, Edinburgh, Seville, Los Angeles (Disneyland) and Las Vegas, London and San Francisco) and also pictures with family members and friends

* call records from facetime and whats app

* we can get affidavits from family members from both sides

* flight itineraries with both our names on it for our trips 

but what we don't have is 

* a joint bank account

* joint tenancy since she lives in the USA and i live in the UK

will this be enough? or would we need more we are bit worried because we saw people talking about joint accounts and joint tenancy for evidence 

We just got our NOA2 back in just 71 days from NOA1, and we didn't have any joint accounts or lease together. In addition to affidavits from our friends and family, I made two supplements that I included with our application as proof of a bonafide marriage.

The first was a photo timeline that had a brief description of each time we were together. The second was an addendum to the first attachment and included hotel receipts, flight booking information, anything that showed the time we've spent together. Not sure if that made a difference or not, but I tried to be super through. 

Marriage:2018-09-28

I-130 Sent :2019-01-08

I-130 NOA1 :2019-01-16

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved :2019-03-28

NVC Received :2019-04-10

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :2019-05-06

Pay AOS Bill :2019-05-06

Send IV Package: 2019-09-06

Case Complete at NVC: 2019-12-09

Receive Instruction and Interview Letter: 2020-03-05

Interview: 2020-04-20

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit?usp=sharing

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.