COUSA

How are K-1/2 Visas from, Philippines going?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Preparing to go to CDO, Mindanao. Found a $900 r/t Den-NK-Manila flight for next month, Wanting to get the Person--Person part completed, so we can start paperwork ASAP.,

I haven't been on here in awhile, but in just looking it seems there has been a slowdown in processing times. Are K'1/2 Visas still making it through ok is my main question? I meet the 125% as of now and should still after March 1, 2019, unless the 125% goes up $7k   

Another question, is St. Luke still the ONLY place to receive Health Approval?

Thanks for your help. Let the fun begin I suppose

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, COUSA said:

Preparing to go to CDO, Mindanao. Found a $900 r/t Den-NK-Manila flight for next month, Wanting to get the Person--Person part completed, so we can start paperwork ASAP.,

I haven't been on here in awhile, but in just looking it seems there has been a slowdown in processing times. Are K'1/2 Visas still making it through ok is my main question? I meet the 125% as of now and should still after March 1, 2019, unless the 125% goes up $7k   

K-1 are interviewed on Thursday only.  4 - 6 week wait for interview is typical.  SLEC is the only clinic 

YMMV

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't say for certain what the situation is today but my now wife and I went through this process in 2017 so I doubt much has changed.  She is also from CDO. As far as I know, St. Lukes is still the only place for medical so you may want to try to time the medical to your appointment for the visa interview in order to avoid 2 trips to Manila. The time it took us between filing I-129 and getting petition approved was about 4 1/2 months.  Then she files the visa application with the embassy and get an interview date.  This should not take long. Follow the procedures outlined.  The visa fee is paid in US$ but if I recall the medical can be paid in pesos. As for the medical, they start seeing people around 7AM but you need to start lining up outside St. Lukes around 4:30, so you, or your fiancee, may want to consider staying near St. Lukes. We got to St. Lukes around 4:30 AM and there was already 20 or more people in line.  There will be places open across the street for food or last minute photocopying etc... Like a cottage industry.  Results should be available the next day. We were able to make a vacation out of it by doing the medical several days before the interview and traveling around in between.  Depending on your appointment time for the visa interview, you want to get there early.  The times are not individual times.  For example, we had 6AM, the same as many other people so you want to line up early.  If the other reply is correct that visa interviews are only on Thursday, I can't remember when ours was, you can try to do the medical on the Monday before the interview, if possible. Also, don't forget, your fiancee will have to attend the half day class the government requires before allowing her to leave the Philippines. These classes are held in Manila and Cebu and I think you need to reserve a place.  We timed this with her departure but someone told me you can do this even before you get the visa.  That I cannot verify as we waited until her visa was approved. Good luck. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, COUSA said:

Some has slowed down with visas, but nothing dramatic.

USCIS    http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-129f-petition-process.html

USEM    http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

St. Luke's is the only place for the medical

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Our K-1 was just approved last Thursday. I submitted my I-129F May 25, 2018 so the time from application to approval was 8 1/2 months. We could have had it done in 7 1/2 months but were held up by required police clearances from Singapore and Hong Kong. 

Medical at St. Lukes is a 2-day process. First day is exam, x-ray, labs. Second day is vaccinations and pick up packet for embassy interview. You can pre-register online but appointments are first come, first served.

CFO is required and you need to register online for a spot before attending.

payixbka is correct. As of now, Interviews are only done on Thursdays. Read Hank's links - great step-by-step info.

Edited by pamawemo

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

On 2/17/2019 at 10:03 AM, COUSA said:

91823870_2019PovertyLevel.jpg.89aad2cc05c6b9e8525ac9a80fc187b6.jpg

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

91823870_2019PovertyLevel.jpg.89aad2cc05c6b9e8525ac9a80fc187b6.jpg

Those number are not the I-864P Poverty Guidelines used by USCIS  and not what the embassy uses.   

USCIS is still using the 2018 I-864P guidelines and have not released an update for 2019.   I would expect the new I-864P will be released 1 March same as last year.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you for the clarification.  I saw the government released the 2019 poverty levels and I assumed it went across the board.  There I go assuming again!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
57 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Thank you for the clarification.  I saw the government released the 2019 poverty levels and I assumed it went across the board.  There I go assuming again!

Give away was it was showing a 250% list and weekly amounts that the I-864P doesn't.    I'm willing to bet the I-864P 100% & 125% numbers will follow what you posted, but we have to wait until USCIS posted the new I-864P, until then the 2018 guideline is valid.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.